Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Does God need your love? Why or why not? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27221)

Miss Hepburn 12-12-2011 04:31 PM

Does God need your love? Why or why not?

Thank you, this needed it's own thread from a post
on another of a different subject.

There are those that do not see "God" as separate, so I expect no posts from them - why would there be? This topic would seem silly to them perhaps.

But for those that see God as inside and outside of themselves; a Superior Power
that is maintaining billions
of galaxies in this 3rd Dimension and others on the Astral planes; a Being we are part of and is experiencing through us
- does He/It/She need our love? Want our love?
Why?
Or why not...:smile:

I expect we will have:
Those that have personally experienced the answer.
Those that have experienced nothing of the sort and will be intellectual about it...
Those that will quote from various sources and poetry...
And those that will simply muse and sincerely ponder out loud.
Oh, and those that will want to define "God and love" and also "need".
:D

All are welcome.

Lisa 12-12-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Miss Hepburn- There are those that do not see "God" as separate, so I expect no posts from them - why would there be? This topic would seem silly to them perhaps.

But see, you got a post anyway! :hug3:

BlueSky 12-12-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
But see, you got a post anyway! :hug3:

Now that's God's love in action........:smile:

Yamah 12-12-2011 05:57 PM

I choose to be one to want to define 'need', lol...

What does it mean to 'need' love? Do humans 'need' love? Or do we just Want it (sometimes really really badly)?

Emmalevine 12-12-2011 06:07 PM

We need to realise the love we are then we always experience it. That's my feeling anyway.

Humm 12-12-2011 06:28 PM

I have no idea what God needs.

I assume there must be some Godly motivation for whatever God does, and the universe is here, so...

Take your best guess. :smile:

TzuJanLi 12-12-2011 07:18 PM

Greetings..

If we are to believe in a "God', the 'God' i have seen described in these forums and in the bible appears to need to understand its own existence.. what other motivation would there be, Love? What 'love' is there that creates conditions for suffering, for its own creations to suffer? the 'Love' seems to have been in the freedom for its creation to explore its own existence, even if its creations choose their own suffering.. 'Love' is not the suffering, it is the freedom to choose it.. Love is not a 'purpose' created, or lesson to be learned, Love is the freedom to choose those experiences..

Be well..

Xan 12-12-2011 09:59 PM

Does God "need" ?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha................

Xan

Silver 12-12-2011 10:14 PM

Maybe he does.......If as the bible says, we're created in his image, on his path, before we were created (if you believe), he had a path he had to walk and has been walking and continues to walk and is learning as he goes, too. Maybe he started out as a pure power like a mad scientist and morphed/evolved into whatever he is today and is deciding our fate and has an unfolding life like we do. And maybe he's learned along the way or discovered love so now he's a big loveable mad scientist?

tainamom 12-12-2011 11:30 PM

I feel that the Ultimate God doesn't need anything from us, but for us to do "his/her/it's" work, we need to give our love and give up our own will to let God do it's Will upon us.