Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Is there a society for enlightened people? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110353)

shivatar 02-02-2017 05:49 AM

Is there a society for enlightened people?

because I really want to be a part of that!!

I'll settle for some websites that are of questionable validity as a place to start though.

firstandlast 02-02-2017 05:53 AM

http://sacred-texts.com/eso/cuts/cuts04.htm

Shivani Devi 02-02-2017 06:27 AM

Websites of 'questionable validity'? okay have it:

https://www.illuminatiofficial.org/

SERIOUSLY THOUGH:

http://www.ts-adyar.org/

This is where I am headed off to because if I am not enlightened now, satsanga will soon put an end to it.

shivatar 02-02-2017 07:00 AM

http://www.myiampresence.org/hinduism_quotes.html

Baile 02-02-2017 11:03 AM

I joined the Theosophical Society in my 20s. They have regular meetings/discussions. Others like the Anthroposophical Society have meetings and community employment initiatives. Then there's joining a monastery or church.

Lots of good stuff in being with people in any spiritual group setting providing you don't become blindly attached to the tenets of the philosophy (cult-think). Easier to avoid that trap with an esoteric philosophy. Esotericism asks the student to come to truth via the development of their meditative life and intuitive faculties. Whereas religious organizations expect the follower to simply take up and embrace the specific truths and beliefs of that particular religion.

Baile 02-02-2017 12:26 PM

I will add: Be aware of what you believe enlightenment to be. Enlightenment is simply the day to week, month to year expansion and evolution of one's consciousness. It is a process that involves lifetimes. Every esoteric path will tell you that. If you are looking for a group of people who claim to be enlightened, and who claim to have come to THE truth, it's a cult.

linen53 02-02-2017 03:45 PM

Here's the only place I participate in right now. I like SF and visit regularly when time allows.

I like coming here because we are diverse. Diversity keeps me from becoming to focused on one set of Truths as Baile brought up.

I live in a small town that is very Christian so there aren't opportunities to meet in a physical place with like-minded souls. So this is pretty much it!

I do have some passing friendships of other people like me and we exchange book material sometimes but I have never developed those relationships. I did that once and got very burned. So I like my solitude and distance.

As a side note George Kavassilas used to have an online community I used to visit, don't know whether he still does. But he's a little bit "out there" in his beliefs and eventually I didn't feel comfortable at the forum site because I saw things in a much broader spectrum than his followers.

Also David Icke has a forum but I never could get into his beliefs either, but you are not me and you might enjoy it. It's easy to find if you want to check it out.

Baile 02-02-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linen53
I like coming here because we are diverse. Diversity keeps me from becoming to focused on one set of Truths as Baile brought up.

Hi linen. Getting involved in a spiritual group was very helpful for me in my 20s and 30s. Studying a philosophy in-depth can really help broaden and deepen one's understanding and approach to all beliefs. Here's a common thing I hear: Truth is whatever you believe. That's just not the case. Example: The sun rises in the East and there is no other truth, regardless of what I choose to believe. Studying spiritual philosophy in-depth does help one come to see that there is something more to truth than just our ego nature deciding whatever it wants to think. That holds true for most every path, it's a common teaching point in every philosophy.

Premier 02-02-2017 05:58 PM

This is what the spirit testify.

It says freedom to all except exploit.

Society work no matter what that why they have pyramid symbol everywhere on dollar bill, and etc.

In order to succeed in any society you must first become followers if you are a natural rebel it would be difficult for you to become a followers. This is why the mason is not for everybody, or the Illuminati.

Hence why I am cattle's, or sheep cause I don't want to follow, and I rather be at the bottom of the pyramid rather than following some society.

As your rank go up if you get too high it can have consequence if you fail to follow that why I rather not be in any society, or anything cause I don't want to be in any form of mind control, or followers.

Miss Hepburn 02-02-2017 06:18 PM

I do not think there is a group or society...it seems even after decades
of following certain gurus or teachers the followers are often as
confused and troubled or more so than your everyday waitress.

I happen to think those involved with ACIM and New Thought, Yogananda, even
Christian Science, are pretty darn happy and have it 'goin on'...
in other words, their frequency is kept very high deliberately, daily...
but not all of them.
Also, some Charismatic Churches blow my mind at the Holy Spirit filled
dedicated folks there.

Many enlightened ones (and I use your term, shivitar, I do not use that word)
have written many books or have had compilations of their 'talks'.
Thank God for their wisdom and help! :hug2:
They are my 'group'.

omcasey 02-02-2017 06:40 PM

There are almost endless intentional communities out there now. A simple search on intentional communities ( perhaps with the added word 'sustainability' along with the area where you are thinking to be would bring up quite a lot. I would think.

The best to you in your search!

Casey

shivatar 02-02-2017 07:43 PM

Good stuff guys. thanks for the tips, now I have a better idea of whats out there I just need to go exploring.

shivatar 02-02-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstandlast

Whoever wrote that is biased towards Christian beliefs and Christian dogma. I read part of it and thought it was clever but after a while I lost interest when I saw it was one persons way of explaining their understanding of the universe, not a person trying to guide others to find something for their self.

it was a "do what I did, learn what I did" instead of a "try this, it has interesting effects". It's a recruitment to their thinking essentially, not an encouragement of our own findings.

Imzadi 04-02-2017 07:01 PM

I imagine there would not be a need for an "enlightened" society once a person is enlightened. :)

shivatar 04-02-2017 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imzadi
I imagine there would not be a need for an "enlightened" society once a person is enlightened. :)

well you imagine wrong.

dalex 06-10-2017 02:09 PM

This site is run by a Jesuit who obviously has enough money to have real commercials on TV "saw one on TV in 2015":
illuminatiofficial dot org

lemex 06-10-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I do not think there is a group or society...it seems even after decades of following certain gurus or teachers the followers are often as confused and troubled or more so than your everyday waitress.

Are they really confused or is it who they talk to. Oh my, let's not ever say I don't know. I think they'd be troubled in what they witness but do they take sides! Is the answer to diminish the wise and bring them down to our level because we don't step up to another. When a teacher leaves a student is the teacher confused or the student. Do we expect the teacher to lower themselves just for us. The student is selfish or the teacher?

Look at what is going on in society, is it they who are causing the mayhem. I think they are above all of it, unattached and withdrawn. Wouldn't they say, listen, I told you and you were not listening. You had the opportunity to take an unknown path, setting a difference course of act. I knew where you were heading but this is, and is always your choice. I do not resonate with you.

One day we will realize, that group or society is going to have come from us. I know that that group or society is already in me. Not even God forces us, so why should gurus and such. That would in fact be violence.

lemex 06-10-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivatar
well you imagine wrong.

:hug3: Hope you're thinking of levels.

wstein 06-10-2017 07:32 PM

Coming to the sad conclusion that none exists yet. My friend is wanting to start such a thing but is not quite enlightened yet. ;(

ocean breeze 06-10-2017 11:44 PM

If there is, its probably filled with unenlightened people who claim to be enlightened.

Quote:

well you imagine wrong.

I don't see how anyone can imagine wrong. They may jump to a wrong conclusion from their imagination but to imagine wrong??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

shivatar 06-10-2017 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstein
Coming to the sad conclusion that none exists yet. My friend is wanting to start such a thing but is not quite enlightened yet. ;(

I think if such a community ever does start it will include many who are almost enlightened, and many who are, and maybe a few who have potential but still need a lot of help. It would probably be founded by someone who is not yet enlightened. Maybe those who are already enlightened don't have the ambition despite having the ability.

Kioma 07-10-2017 12:39 AM

Quote:

I think if such a community ever does start it will include many who are almost enlightened, and many who are, and maybe a few who have potential but still need a lot of help. It would probably be founded by someone who is not yet enlightened. Maybe those who are already enlightened don't have the ambition despite having the ability.

Maybe those who are enlightened figure everyone already has themselves sorted out just perfectly?

In an eternal sense, of course.

MicroMacro 07-10-2017 05:14 AM

Quote:

I think if such a community ever does start it will include many who are almost enlightened, and many who are, and maybe a few who have potential but still need a lot of help.

What makes you think an enlightened person would care about being part of such a community when they've got the entire planet? And universe.

Emm 07-10-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

I'll settle for some websites that are of questionable validity as a place to start though.

Well I'm not sure there is such a thing but here is a guy who wants to change the world through his teachings and bring about an enlightened society by 2035 http://www.bentinhomassaro.com/

Still_Waters 07-10-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

With a name like "Shivatar", you are probably familiar with Ramana Maharshi. Ramana never intended to start a "community". It just happened around him.

There are other forms of "community" that are not localized, as another member here suggested. :smile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MicroMacro
What makes you think an enlightened person would care about being part of such a community when they've got the entire planet? And universe.

shivatar 07-10-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MicroMacro

The entire planet isn't enlightened, for one.

muffin 07-10-2017 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstein
Coming to the sad conclusion that none exists yet.(

Good afternoon wstein :smile:

There has always been one. One catch, it's just beyond the light :wink:

blossomingtree 07-10-2017 10:20 PM

Quote:

If you attach to the sacred and avert the secular,
you are bobbing around in the sea of birth and death.
-Dogen-zenji

froebellian 07-10-2017 10:30 PM

Enlightened folks don't need a society.

Greenslade 08-10-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froebellian
Enlightened folks don't need a society.

They also know why they'd never sign up for one and why others would.

MicroMacro 09-10-2017 04:20 AM

Quote:

The entire planet is fertile. What do you think the enlightened awaken from?

Greenslade 09-10-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Against what objective standards do you judge that? Enlightenment is anything anyone says it is so not enlightened can be anything anyone says it is. Just like Spiritual. So, the good news is that you can call yourself Spiritual and Enlightened and nobody will call you our for it because it's only your word against theirs.

froebellian 09-10-2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
They also know why they'd never sign up for one and why others would.

Naturally, I found this out with an Old Soul group and I left pretty quickly. It was wishful thinking on my part.

Gem 09-10-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Against what objective standards do you judge that? Enlightenment is anything anyone says it is so not enlightened can be anything anyone says it is. Just like Spiritual. So, the good news is that you can call yourself Spiritual and Enlightened and nobody will call you our for it because it's only your word against theirs.

What we say it is doesn't necessarily represent what it is, unless in is actually arbitrary, which makes no sense at all - then there is the issue of exclusiveness of such a society, and how to define the membership criteria teehee.

Hemera 09-10-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froebellian
Naturally, I found this out with an Old Soul group and I left pretty quickly. It was wishful thinking on my part.

I’ve had similar experiences. Each time I’ve joined any sort of spiritual group with expectations of ‘higher awareness’ ‘advancement’ or the like, I have fallen back down to earth pretty quickly!

jonesboy 09-10-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

I would have to disagree with this.

If one was to take the time to learn what is meant in the various traditions we would know that it isn't just what anyone thinks it is but a true state of being beyond local mind.

lemex 09-10-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

yes, I'd have to disagree with this to.

As long as it's internalized and not acted out then this is ok, but if it projected outward in some physical act, would this be an an objective standard. So, there is not right and wrong?

MicroMacro 09-10-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

:)

How enlightened is the person who says to another "You think you're WHAT?!"

Enlightenment includes inclusivity - an arena for growth. It's welcoming. Like a hug.

shivatar 09-10-2017 03:23 PM

I'm sorry that you guys have had bad experiences trying to find communities of higher awareness. I've found them before but with limited success and nothing that had a name. It's mostly just a loose net of friends. Everybody knows everybody through a friend or a friend of a friend, and these friend networks are usually 1,000-4,000 people. Before you say it's impossible to know that many people, think about it. It may have been impossible a decade ago but it's very common now.

When I first started looking I had such grand ideas that I totally overlooked the groups that were right in front of me. It was my perspective that was limited and blocking me from being able to realize what was right in front of me.

I used to say "ohhh, if they are enlightened, then ____". But that mentality only kept me from realizing all the kinds of enlightened people I didn't know about. There are more enlightened people than the gurus and monks in caves. In other words the expectation of what enlightenment was or wasn't was blocking me from being able to realize enlightened beings in all their varying degrees.

jonesboy 09-10-2017 03:39 PM

I guess I have been pretty blessed.

Found a group that has moved me along spiritually beyond my wildest dreams. Things I thought were only in books I have found to be normal everyday stuff now.

I tend to think when we are ready an opportunity will arise. Then it is up to us to take it.