Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Is there a society for enlightened people? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110353)

shivatar 06-10-2017 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstein
Coming to the sad conclusion that none exists yet. My friend is wanting to start such a thing but is not quite enlightened yet. ;(

I think if such a community ever does start it will include many who are almost enlightened, and many who are, and maybe a few who have potential but still need a lot of help. It would probably be founded by someone who is not yet enlightened. Maybe those who are already enlightened don't have the ambition despite having the ability.

Kioma 07-10-2017 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivatar
I think if such a community ever does start it will include many who are almost enlightened, and many who are, and maybe a few who have potential but still need a lot of help. It would probably be founded by someone who is not yet enlightened. Maybe those who are already enlightened don't have the ambition despite having the ability.

Maybe those who are enlightened figure everyone already has themselves sorted out just perfectly?

In an eternal sense, of course.

MicroMacro 07-10-2017 05:14 AM

Quote:

I think if such a community ever does start it will include many who are almost enlightened, and many who are, and maybe a few who have potential but still need a lot of help.

What makes you think an enlightened person would care about being part of such a community when they've got the entire planet? And universe.

Emm 07-10-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

because I really want to be a part of that!!

I'll settle for some websites that are of questionable validity as a place to start though.

Well I'm not sure there is such a thing but here is a guy who wants to change the world through his teachings and bring about an enlightened society by 2035 http://www.bentinhomassaro.com/

Still_Waters 07-10-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

With a name like "Shivatar", you are probably familiar with Ramana Maharshi. Ramana never intended to start a "community". It just happened around him.

There are other forms of "community" that are not localized, as another member here suggested. :smile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MicroMacro
What makes you think an enlightened person would care about being part of such a community when they've got the entire planet? And universe.

shivatar 07-10-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MicroMacro

The entire planet isn't enlightened, for one.

muffin 07-10-2017 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstein
Coming to the sad conclusion that none exists yet.(

Good afternoon wstein :smile:

There has always been one. One catch, it's just beyond the light :wink:

blossomingtree 07-10-2017 10:20 PM

Quote:

because I really want to be a part of that!!

I'll settle for some websites that are of questionable validity as a place to start though.

If you attach to the sacred and avert the secular,
you are bobbing around in the sea of birth and death.
-Dogen-zenji

froebellian 07-10-2017 10:30 PM

Enlightened folks don't need a society.

Greenslade 08-10-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froebellian
Enlightened folks don't need a society.

They also know why they'd never sign up for one and why others would.