Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Thanking the deceased (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117750)

Tedmil 18-10-2017 11:16 PM

Thanking the deceased

Recently I found an online obituary for a past coworker named Mike. When I first worked with him I got the impression he was a bully. He was a big, intimidating and I had several issues with him early on. At the time I heard rumors that Mike had been in prison for some awful crimes, little could I have guessed that he would end up giving some of the biggest help that I've ever received.

I never had to chance to thank Mike in life, he took his own life a short time after helping me on two occasions and now has been gone for well over a decade. There were no condolences on his online obituary. I decided to leave a short note of thanks for what he had done. The next morning I got up and walked away from the kitchen table and was startled by a penny falling into my shoe. I thought maybe it was Mike showing he received the message.

Anyone else ever had situation where they've thanked someone who passed away?

Tobi 19-10-2017 12:54 AM

Very often I give out thanks and gratitude to those who have passed on. I sense that they have a better chance of understanding me than they maybe even had when they were physically here!
I think back, and also send my thanks to strangers along my life-path, although I have no way of knowing if they have passed on or not. But there are a number of such people in my life who have been so kind, with nothing to gain from it. Unconditional love and care was what they gave me at the time. Then we were never to meet again.

I was lucky enough to be able to say my thanks to both parents well before they passed, but even now, when I remember something, I send them my thanks for that.

As for a penny dropping in your shoe....that might well have been Mike. Who knows? But days after a friend of mine passed a few years ago, one morning a spoon launched itself off the counter and ended up 6 feet away on the kitchen floor!
And it was at the time he always used to come round to visit for coffee....1pm.
It was a thing with us that I used to nag him about putting a wet spoon in the sugar jar, then stirring his coffee with it, then putting that wet spoon into the powdered milk! Of course that made a clogged-up mess of both the sugar and the milk. He used to forget, and keep doing it, and I always used to roll my eyes about it! haha....
Then that spoon came flying. I am sure they have a sense of humour even though they no longer have a physical body! Also I think he wanted me to know that it was him, and that was his method.

headincloud 11-12-2017 08:33 PM

My first spiritual experiences came as coincidences which leave you wondering was it or wasn't it which causes us to either open to the possibilities or close in fear and denial which shuts the door to development so adopt an open minded attitude and ask for further signs and confirmation.

Their biggest obstacle is our fear, doubt and lack of trust in our connection to the divine which is where our protection lies, we need to explore ourselves, our fears and ideas around death and what's in the dark because these are all obstacles and create blocks for them, ultimately what's being asked of us is we face ourselves and go beyond our own fears.

The signs were subtle at first but once you grow used to the idea they will move in closer and closer eventually giving you absolute proof of their presence as you grow comfortable and once you develop the necessary skills through spiritual work they have more scope to work with.

Tedmil 25-04-2019 03:46 AM

On a follow up. Recently, I was telling some people about how Mike had helped me and how I wished I could've helped him when he needed it. The next day I found a blue star in my pocket. I never seen it before.

little.nation 25-04-2019 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tedmil
On a follow up. Recently, I was telling some people about how Mike had helped me and how I wished I could've helped him when he needed it. The next day I found a blue star in my pocket. I never seen it before.

Utter fascinating. I hope you & Mike continue to work things out.

linen53 28-04-2019 06:09 PM

It's never to late to make amends.

Native spirit 28-04-2019 09:00 PM

Its funny how spirit spring surprises on us.i cant say they have ever given me anything but my friend has things often from them pennies etc, it always makes her feel good

Namaste