Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Paranormal (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ouija board.. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11521)

sruthy 22-02-2011 11:23 AM

ouija board..

has anybody tried ouija board? i've heard it works like an open door to the spiritual realm..

earthprowler 22-02-2011 12:59 PM

yup, grew up "playing" it starting with my mom and dad as far back as the 4th grade. i have tons of stories, but word to the wise......it's not a toy and you never know what you are opening up or letting come through when you play.

WikiPedia says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija

Uhmar 22-02-2011 02:38 PM

I have a board that is my personal board. It has been blessed and treated with holy water.It is my personal personalized with my markings and characters on it . As with all things spiritual and metaphysical INTENTION is related. If you believe you will be contacting dark spirits you very well may. If you believe you will contact dead people you may get what you wish or believe.
Here is some info you should read
------------------------------------
The Safe Way To Use A Ouija Board
By Sandy Cristel

(Personal note: I do not necessarily advocate using Ouija boards. I have used them in the past and have on occasion had terrifying results(a few stories are in my book…in one my Mother threw a board away and it returned to my closet). I have not personally used one in almost 20 years but if you choose to below is some excellent advice for doing so more safely—Best Wishes, Dr. Ryles)

You will need:
• 1 Ouija Board
• 1 Candle (preferably white)
• Incense ingredients for burning, incense sticks or aromatic oil for burners (optional)
• Always have 2 or more people present for best results (it is not recommended for beginners to use the board alone)
• Pen and paper
Conditions for a successful séance:
• Only have people present who are serious and respectful. If the board is used without care or in a joking manner, this can attract unwanted and potentially dangerous negative energies and spirits.
• Do NOT drink alcohol or use any mind altering drugs including marijuana!
• Clear your mind of all negative thoughts or distractions. Your mind must be clean and clear.
• Anybody having any psychosis or psychological disorders or persons who are nervous, anxious or have addictive tendencies must not use the board.
• Never ask questions relating to your own death or death of another person.
• Keep your posture straight and do not cross your legs under the table.
• Make sure you visually protect yourself and have faith that you are protected. Imagine a white light surrounding you and your friends. It is always a good idea to make an affirmation before you begin.

For example, “With the power of the elements, spirit guides, angels and higher self, I and the users of this board are protected from all negative spirits, entities, energies and influences.” This is what I personally use, but you should say something that resonates personally to yourself.

At first, keep to easy questions that require just a YES or NO answer. It is helpful if one person has a pen and paper and writes down what is being “said”. The best time for a séance is in the evening between 9.00pm and midnight. Ideally it should be dark and quiet outside. If there are more than 2 people then place the board in the middle of the table so that everyone can reach it. If only 2 people are using the board, it is better to place the board on both your knees and sit opposite each other - this allows the energy to flow better.

One person should be the main person to ask any spirits to come forward and talk. This same person should be the one to close the board down at the end too (see “closing down the board”). Everyone should lightly place their fingertips on the planchette. The main person should start by asking for protection against any negative influences (by visualizing a light around you and the participants and asking your spirit guides and higher self or angels to protect you and that you are only willing to communicate with spirits for your/our highest good).

Then ask if there are any spirits that would like to come forward and speak. Something along the lines of “Are there any spirits in the room that would like to speak to us. Please communicate with us by using the board only. When you are ready please move the planchette to YES or move it in circles”. It is safer if you ensure that the spirits only communicate through the board - make it certain that you are in control of the board and either ignore any other spiritual activity in the room (knocks, bangs, tapping, lights etc) or ask the spirit to either use the board or leave.

When you receive contact through the board ensure that you thank the spirit that has come forward (it is very important that you remain at all times with utmost respect and gratitude). When receiving an answer to your question, each letter must be clearly visible in the hole of the planchette - if it is between letters, ask the spirit to reconfirm the letter and it should move to the correct one. ALL fingers (2-4 fingers per person) must remain on the planchette at all times.

It can take up to 15-20 minutes before any spirit will come forward to talk. Remain calm, keep your fingers on the planchette and clear your minds apart from focusing on the planchette. If nothing happens then slowly move the planchette yourselves in large circles around the board a few times, then pause and wait - usually the spirit will take over from here. If you still have no luck after about 45 minutes then close down the board and try it another evening.

Suggestions to ask:

• Asking the name of the spirit is always a good question to start with.
• Occasionally spirits cannot or do not wish to answer certain questions so respect their silence and do not ask the same question over and over again. Ask once, once again to confirm and that is all.
• Ask if the spirit is a good spirit. If the planchette goes to NO, it is advisable to close down the board and wait at least half an hour before attempting to make contact again.

• You can ask any general questions about your own life, for example:
How can I live better? What am I doing wrong? Am I in the right job? What can I do to improve my life/situation etc?

• Note: Take the answers like you would anything else that somebody tells you (alive or dead). Do not revolve your life around answers you may receive as they may be inaccurate.

Closing down the board:

This is extremely important! The board MUST be closed down properly at the end of each and every séance. Start by thanking the spirits for coming forward and talking with you. Wish them peace and say Goodbye. The spirit should move the planchette to GOODBYE and you may pack up the board.
If the spirit does not move the planchette to GOODBYE, then tell the spirit that you are saying goodbye and that you ask they do the same. If the spirit STILL refuses to leave, then you must move the planchette to GOODBYE and in a stern strong voice say GOODBYE and LEAVE out loud. Remove your fingers from the planchette. If you feel that is not enough you can also slam the planchette down on a hard surface (obviously take care not to break it!) or pass it through a candle flame if it is not made of flammable material.

Safety Note:

Do not use the board for longer than an hour and a half. This is exhausting for both yourself and the spirits, and can be harmful.
It is always advisable to “ground” yourself afterwards by eating and drinking something.

The more you use the board the more spirit activity it will create (similar to a magnet). The board can become addictive to some people and this is harmful, not only to your well being but this can also attract unwanted negative energies and bad spirits. It is advisable to not use the board more than twice a week.

Be safe, be successful - but most of all enjoy!

If anybody would like to know even more about using an Ouija board, please feel free to contact me, Sandy Cristel, directly via my website

http://www.sandycristel.com

Lazarus72 22-02-2011 02:50 PM

A group of us did one when we were teenagers and it said I was going to die in a car crash on a certain date.

Everyone was talking about it and my sister told my mum, and when the date eventually came round a few months later it was decided that I shouldn't go to school that day..... which was great.

The kids were joking about the possibility of a truck crashing through my house and taking me out in my bedroom!!!

Thing is it never actually said the year it was to happen.....

I can't even remember the date all these years later, indeed I'd forgotten about it till I read this.

Probably a good job I'm not superstitious really. My gut tells me it'll be a heart attack that gets me anyway.

Spiritlite 22-02-2011 04:21 PM

Personally I would never use a ouji board it's like you can open up to ANY energies and they will then not go away.
Spiritlite.

Mind's Eye 22-02-2011 05:04 PM

Ouija Boards were first known as talking boards.. They were a device that was made so that one could communicate with their own deeper mind. They were much the same thing as an oracle deck or using a pendulum for answers from the subconscious.

Where we ever got the notion that they were doorways for the dead is beyond me. I have personally expermented with a Ouija Board in graveyards and in very haunted places in my home town... and nothing ever happened.

The only spirits we contact through the Ouija Board are those that manifest out of our own minds.

Spiritlite 22-02-2011 05:08 PM

Sphinx I think that if you use them with the right set of mind and know how to protect yourself you're fine. But I remember I used one with my mother and we both backed off because we both heard a growl, so we burnt it. Funny thing is same thing happened to my husband when he was a kid with his mother.
Spiritlite.

sruthy 22-02-2011 07:58 PM

voooo.... some of the stories are really scary... i would personally NEVER try an ouija board... coz i wouldnt want any entities ruling over my life..!

Spiritlite 22-02-2011 08:10 PM

sruthy I'm with you my friend I would never ever suggest using those things. I had many friends in high school who had BAD experiences and also ended up burning those things.
Spiritlite.

astralsuzy 22-02-2011 08:38 PM

Even if nothing bad happens, I would never use one. It is scary and creepy.