Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Non Duality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Is duality and polarity the same? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=125648)

SapphireBlue 10-10-2018 10:51 PM

Is duality and polarity the same?

For example light/dark, good/evil, love/hate, ego/spirit, night/day. If so, how is non-duality relevant to us if we live in a world of polarity?

_dagmar_ 11-10-2018 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SapphireBlue
Is duality and polarity the same?

No, duality simply means two while polarity specifies the furthest away points within a universe. If there are more than one dimensions then the number of poles is infinite. The number of poles is always even because for ever pole exists an opposite one.
Quote:

For example light/dark, good/evil, love/hate, ego/spirit, night/day. If so, how is non-duality relevant to us if we live in a world of polarity?

Non-duality is everything in a universe that is not a multiple of 2. In everyday use people mean the addition of all poles with their opposites and the result is always 0, the central or neutral point. A world without polarity light/dark, good/evil, love/hate, ego/spirit, night/day is a world that cannot exist.

How non-duality is relevant to you is subjective and has no right/wrong, better/worse and conclusive answer.

davidsun 11-10-2018 12:16 AM

Quote:

Be-cause :smile: the 'world' you speak of exists/lives 'in'side and serves the porposes of a singular positive (with no real 'negatives) monistic Being - as figuratively referenced in:

"This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all." (I John ch.1)

"God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. (Acts Ch.17)

In that superdimension, 'darkness' is not really 'darkness' but merely the absence of 'light'; 'hate' is not really 'hate' but simply disappointed and/or upset 'love'; 'ego' is not really 'ego' by merely deluded 'spirit', i.e. 'spirit' with 'blinders' 'on'; etc.

I submit for your consideration the fact (IMO it is a fact) that 'seeing' things in such perspective enables one to 'navigate' the 'world' of duality positively (in absolute terms), without 'zeroing' out, becoming 'negative', etc.

:smile:

Rah nam 11-10-2018 12:31 AM

Quote:

Great question, even so I wouldn't see ego/spirit as polarity but rather as a symbiotic relationship. One can not exist without the other within this reality.
Yin and yang seam to express best the nature of this reality and beyond.
Even if we move to a higher density, we still find the polarisation, even so to a lesser degree.

One simple indicator is, highly evolved beings still like to express themselves as masculine or feminine.

SapphireBlue 11-10-2018 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _dagmar_
How non-duality is relevant to you is subjective and has no right/wrong, better/worse and conclusive answer.

So non duality refers to a state of enlightenment, is that what you're saying?

SapphireBlue 11-10-2018 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidsun

In that superdimension, 'darkness' is not really 'darkness' but merely the absence of 'light'; 'hate' is not really 'hate' but simply disappointed and/or upset 'love'; 'ego' is not really 'ego' by merely deluded 'spirit', i.e. 'spirit' with 'blinders' 'on'; etc.

I submit for your consideration the fact (IMO it is a fact) that 'seeing' things in such perspective enables one to 'navigate' the 'world' of duality positively (in absolute terms), without 'zeroing' out, becoming 'negative', etc.

:smile:

Praise the light rather than curse the darkness in other words.

SapphireBlue 11-10-2018 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rah nam
Great question, even so I wouldn't see ego/spirit as polarity but rather as a symbiotic relationship. One can not exist without the other within this reality.
Yin and yang seam to express best the nature of this reality and beyond.
Even if we move to a higher density, we still find the polarisation, even so to a lesser degree.

One simple indicator is, highly evolved beings still like to express themselves as masculine or feminine.

Thank you for your perspective Rah nam :)

Chanine 11-10-2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Non duality is relevant as it is the truth, duality doesn't actually exist it's like an illusionist using a trick, creation is watched by the self and the self is reflected in it like a mirror everything comes from the self and is witnessed continually. Doubt is used by the mind and will put the illusionist into play by the mind causing personality beliefs hence thinking we are people separate from the enlightened being

LadyMay 11-10-2018 11:34 AM

I think that polarity is a fancy word for duality.... there are only opposites in this world. Name three or more things that are all opposite from each other then I might reconsider.

davidsun 11-10-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AraceliCianna
I think that polarity is a fancy word for duality.... there are only opposites in this world. Name three or more things that are all opposite from each other then I might reconsider.

"Only 'opposites'" implies there's only two-dimensions to the being of something or other.

Here are at least three thangs which exist in relation to and dynamically interact with one another:

There's (1) the wind that blows, (2) the thang (the sail of the 'boat') that is blown by the wind, (3) the 'intelligent' presence ('in' the boat) which hoists (or not) the 'sail', keeps the 'boat' from tipping by inventing and using (4) a 'keel', and steers to wherever it wants to go by manipulating (5) the boat's 'rudder'.

Have fun reconsidering. :cool: