Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ayurveda (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Eat for you dosha.. I'm telling you! (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107833)

jorddy 17-11-2016 03:56 AM

Eat for you dosha.. I'm telling you!

Just wanna say..

After finding out my dosha and fully integrating my diet and eating that diet for the past 2 months or so, I:

Lost all burning sensations within my stomach - something I dealt with EVERY DAY for the past 5 years or so.

Have been able to go outside in the 50 degree weather again with a t shirt on feeling great... When I was younger I was able to do this and I loved the cold.. But then as I got older I felt cold all the time. But now I can do it again.

linen53 17-11-2016 04:51 PM

Interesting thought. I didn't know what a Dosha was so I researched it. It's origins are from India and it determines what body type we each have.

Dr Oz has a quiz on his website for those who want to determine what body type they have.

For me I have the Pitta body type, and as such, I shouldn't eat spicy or hot foods which I dearly love so I won't be following this discipline.

Here's the quiz: http://www.doctoroz.com/quiz/ayurved...osha?quiz=true

jorddy 18-11-2016 03:31 AM

Hehe. I'm a pitta type body too!

In the beginning it was really hard for me to switch.. But I got used to the flavors now and grew to love them..
Before, I was eating all the stuff I should have been.. Literally, and none of the stuff I should have been!

It was a tough swap, but not that tough.. Especially for the wicked health it brought over me!

faithy 24-11-2016 04:27 PM

Hello :) this is very interesting, never heard of it before, I will be trying to do this for myself, going to try a soup recipe they recommended :) thank you for sharing :)

jorddy 02-12-2016 01:24 AM

Tell me how it works out!

blackraven 05-01-2017 08:49 PM

I'm a vatta and it's true that vattas do better eating warm food. A cold salad as a meal itself, just doesn't cut it for me. Leaves me feeling unsatisfied. Nonetheless, I eat a lot of them anyway.

Podshell 06-01-2017 11:43 PM

I hope the people who try this diet stick with it- I did it for a about six months years back and felt great health improvements even though I didn't do it properly

Aquamarine 01-05-2018 07:37 AM

My dosha is Vata and I've stuck to it for the most part nearly every day for about 4 months now-with the exception of some "cheat days". I quit taking medication for my stomach right away because I didn't need it any longer and I have taken it for over 10 years daily. I was even on nausea medication daily for almost a year. Thats how bad it was and that is how quickly my stomach reacted to the right foods.

I will say that I also immediately quit wheat products and gluten because I suspected they were also a problem. I substituted rice as a staple.

I eat no sugar other than I use honey in moderation and fruit in moderation. Vata dosha can be really susceptible to blood sugar changes. However, I do cheat about as much as sometimes once a week and eat usually ice cream but I think I'm going to stop that because it doesn't make me feel very well the next day. And I do have a bit of a problem wanting to overeat nuts.

So I haven't figured it all out yet. I am also not able to use many spices yet, as not a lot of time has gone by and I am still fearful of using them. I'm still getting used to eating vegetables (they used to be such a problem, now I'm learning what I can eat comfortably).

I was also able to nearly completely go off the pain medication I was taking regularly. I think because the swelling in my body has gone down and I'm not in pain like I was. I only ever take it if I lift something that I shouldn't have or somehow over-stress my back and need it. Otherwise, I don't seem to need it any longer.

So, those are only a few of the changes that have happened since I changed my diet-I went off 3 medications (2 stomach acid pills and a pain pill)-I seem to have lost body fat as well-I look more physically toned, there are other changes too, things that I've noticed that I wouldn't have otherwise. I'm amazed at how drastically my life has changed because I changed my diet. I never would have believed it.

Alice_1 28-06-2018 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorddy
Just wanna say..

After finding out my dosha and fully integrating my diet and eating that diet for the past 2 months or so, I:

Lost all burning sensations within my stomach - something I dealt with EVERY DAY for the past 5 years or so.

Have been able to go outside in the 50 degree weather again with a t shirt on feeling great... When I was younger I was able to do this and I loved the cold.. But then as I got older I felt cold all the time. But now I can do it again.

Share your observations. What are the recommendations for your doshas?:confused: