Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   If God is almighty and all-knowing... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130250)

JosephineB 04-07-2019 05:06 PM

I've copy/paste NoOne's post from other thread. No talking snake full stop.

Not sure if somebody else has already mentioned this, but the archetypes in the Fall of Man / Garden of Eden are pre-Christian and are shared across many cultures.

The tree of life is the Human Body's energetic system. This is even acknowledged in Cabbala.

Adam is the Male creative principle (Shiva in Hinduism)
Eve is the female Creative principle (Shakti in Hinduism)

The Serpent is Kundalini. It can give the gift of eternal life and / or infinite knowledge. It is symbolised by the apple, because it is the fruit that is most obviously of a toroid shape, another key to the mysteries of the Universe.

The fruit of the tree of eternal life / infinite knowledge refers to the same substance that is known as Nectar/Ambrosia to the Greeks and Soma/Amrita to the Hindus. Drinking of this is what gives the gods their immortality and unlimited knowledge. It is actually liquid light, which floods the brain upon illumination.

Those that are enlightened, drink of the Soma/Nectar constantly, giving them longevity, but chiefly, intuitive knowledge and a connection the divine. The Halo shown around saints signifies this illumination, resulting from the constant flow of Soma/Nectar into the brain.

The fall of man signifies man's fall from grace, from his previous divine state into that of gross matter. The serpent is shown wrapped around the tree of life facing downwards, which signifies the fall of the Kundalini from its exalted position of contact with the divine to "slithering in the dust".

The Gnostics would agree with this explanation, though the Roman church would vehemently deny it of course.

Sorry, if this was too esoteric, but explaining these concepts properly would require several books, this is a very simplistic attempt at arriving at a synthesis of the various facts available in different cultures and religious/spiritual traditions.

Aknaton 04-07-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Ironically enough God murdered more people throughout the bible than Satan, more than often for questionable motives. Did God share the same kind of 'love' and 'patience' when he ordered a wood chopper to be stoned to death for working during the Sabbath day? Did he show all the infants that were killed by his order 'love' and 'patience'?

The bible says that we are made in his image, but it doesn't say that we are gods. In fact, that was the talking anaconda's idea when it tempted Eve to take a bite out of the cursed apple, that she will be like God herself.

You take an argumentative stance, and so I make a stance also. You aren't looking for the essence behind Christianity, but aim only to discredit it. Try as you might, you won't succeed. As many of them that have tried, have failed and you'll just be piled up with the rest of them.

To understand this properly, you need to be able to access the inner mysteries of the Bible. As you read it, it isn't supposed to make sense because It is a book of Mysteries. If man himself is wise to hide mysteries from common men, what more their Creator? Yeshua says not to cast your pearls before swines or they would trample them down. It's written that Adam and Eve ate an apple and fell... that's a mystery my friend! Its full of Mysteries, and if it were so that all the mysteries were written as is, they'd be edited and people would be deceived.

And then you check the five main religions and they are all old except for Christianity which is only like 2,000 years old... there's gotta be something about this...

The key to understanding the Bible is the Holy Spirit who teaches the student all things and He is the one that unlocks the Bibles mysteries. Edit the Bible; New English Version, English Standard Version the remix featuring Jesus in Blue, Slayer of Light version, but if you got the key, you access the mysteries regardless of how the Bible is edited.

Now to the questions:

Love indeed is kind and patient, but you forgot to read that Love does not delight in evil. And make no mistake Slayer of Light, you try kidnap babies and rape them and the mothers see you on the primetime news as a wanted man, even if some women don't believe in God, they'd still pray to God to rid you off the face of the earth. And Justice must be served!

The common error is to believe that one's own idea of what good and evil should be is correct. Honestly, what do humans know? Prophet Jeremiah said "O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his steps." If we did know the way, we wouldn't need God in the first place. Socrates said, I don't know a thing.

Concerning what people agree to and what contract and covenants they sign, I believe there are consequences to breaking them. I think that if one acts in such a way as to break the law or constitution, they will be punished.

ImthatIm 04-07-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs

Not sure if somebody else has already mentioned this, but the archetypes in the Fall of Man / Garden of Eden are pre-Christian and are shared across many cultures.

The tree of life is the Human Body's energetic system. This is even acknowledged in Cabbala.

The Serpent is Kundalini. It can give the gift of eternal life and / or infinite knowledge. It is symbolised by the apple, because it is the fruit that is most obviously of a toroid shape, another key to the mysteries of the Universe.

The fruit of the tree of eternal life / infinite knowledge refers to the same substance that is known as Nectar/Ambrosia to the Greeks and Soma/Amrita to the Hindus. Drinking of this is what gives the gods their immortality and unlimited knowledge. It is actually liquid light, which floods the brain upon illumination.

Those that are enlightened, drink of the Soma/Nectar constantly, giving them longevity, but chiefly, intuitive knowledge and a connection the divine. The Halo shown around saints signifies this illumination, resulting from the constant flow of Soma/Nectar into the brain.

The fall of man signifies man's fall from grace, from his previous divine state into that of gross matter. The serpent is shown wrapped around the tree of life facing downwards, which signifies the fall of the Kundalini from its exalted position of contact with the divine to "slithering in the dust".

The Gnostics would agree with this explanation, though the Roman church would vehemently deny it of course.

Sorry, if this was too esoteric, but explaining these concepts properly would require several books, this is a very simplistic attempt at arriving at a synthesis of the various facts available in different cultures and religious/spiritual traditions.

The Tree of Life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil are 2 different trees.

Lets get the serpent out of The Tree Of Life please.

Serpent in the Hebrew=Nachash (from it's snake like hiss)
It's root word meaning is ("Hiss" to whisper a magic spell).

Serpent in the Greek= Ophis (sly, cunning like a snake)
Root word optanomai ( voice)

At least lets start from what the words in Genesis are.
Which they are talking about a voice of enchantment that was casting a spell by cunning.

I can see No One wants to align things to represent the kundalini, but you have to be careful
when doing so.
Unless your saying and agree that kundalini is a enchanting voice that casts a spell.

Dargor 04-07-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Thing is, we'll never know how to perfectly interpret the bible. What NoOne wrote here reasonates more than a literal interpretation though. But as I said, I was questioning the fundamentalist's perspective on their horrifying version of the biblical god.

lomax 04-07-2019 06:30 PM

I suggest to read Lobsang Rampa books about the 'gardeners' and the garden of Eden.

Aknaton 04-07-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Acts 13:8
But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.

lomax 04-07-2019 06:44 PM

For me a 'god' who asks from a human to sacrifice his son in order to prove his faith,is nothing more than a psychopathic alien.
[common sense]

Dargor 04-07-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aknaton
You take an argumentative stance, and so I make a stance also. You aren't looking for the essence behind Christianity, but aim only to discredit it. Try as you might, you won't succeed. As many of them that have tried, have failed and you'll just be piled up with the rest of them.

Watch me.

Quote:

To understand this properly, you need to be able to access the inner mysteries of the Bible. As you read it, it isn't supposed to make sense because It is a book of Mysteries. If man himself is wise to hide mysteries from common men, what more their Creator? Yeshua says not to cast your pearls before swines or they would trample them down. It's written that Adam and Eve ate an apple and fell... that's a mystery my friend! Its full of Mysteries, and if it were so that all the mysteries were written as is, they'd be edited and people would be deceived.

Okay, so I take that you aren't a fundamentalistic Christian then? Because they don't believe in mysteries. They claim to know it all, and everyone who disagrees with them is simply possessed by the devil himself, spreading lies. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Quote:

The common error is to believe that one's own idea of what good and evil should be is correct. Honestly, what do humans know? Prophet Jeremiah said "O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his steps." If we did know the way, we wouldn't need God in the first place. Socrates said, I don't know a thing.

Concerning what people agree to and what contract and covenants they sign, I believe there are consequences to breaking them. I think that if one acts in such a way as to break the law or constitution, they will be punished.

I don't need a god to tell me what's good and evil. Any decent person knows how to be good without reading an ancient book with a strict set of rules. God may say homosexuality is evil, and even though the sight of it disgusts me as a heterosexual, I don't see it as evil as long nobody gets harmed and if there's at least respect. If God's self esteem is under fire by some victimless crimes which the bible condemns, then the problem lies with God, not with men.

And if I am breaking this so-called contract by having my own opinion and deserve to be tortured over it for the rest of eternity, then God is not loving and patient, but rather a dominant and totalitarian tyrant. It's as simple as that.

davidmartin 04-07-2019 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Watch me.

Okay, so I take that you aren't a fundamentalistic Christian then? Because they don't believe in mysteries. They claim to know it all, and everyone who disagrees with them is simply possessed by the devil himself, spreading lies. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I don't need a god to tell me what's good and evil. Any decent person knows how to be good without reading an ancient book with a strict set of rules. God may say homosexuality is evil, and even though the sight of it disgusts me as a heterosexual, I don't see it as evil as long nobody gets harmed and if there's at least respect. If God's self esteem is under fire by some victimless crimes which the bible condemns, then the problem lies with God, not with men.

And if I am breaking this so-called contract by having my own opinion and deserve to be tortured over it for the rest of eternity, then God is not loving and patient, but rather a dominant and totalitarian tyrant. It's as simple as that.

Slayer you seem to think every Christian is a fundamentalist of extreme proportions, the views you describe are in the minority today because its obvious they do not reflect God's nature. Why not join in the re-evaluation of God's nature instead of opposing something that was never true?

Dargor 04-07-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmartin
Slayer you seem to think every Christian is a fundamentalist of extreme proportions, the views you describe are in the minority today because its obvious they do not reflect God's nature. Why not join in the re-evaluation of God's nature instead of opposing something that was never true?

Hate to inform you, but they are far from a minority. At least, from my own personal experience. Perhaps you didn't had a lot of dealings with them.