Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Have you ever wondered... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=125503)

Busby 03-10-2018 11:51 AM

Have you ever wondered...

why you came onto the planet Earth as a human?
Maybe you have wondered, as I do, who or what or why you were born right at the top of the league of life - were life a football match you'd have to win all your games to get the pride of place at the end. In other words what have you done to have deserved such a privilege?
Being born into this life as a human is, on balance, quite a rare thing. There are millions of life species on this globe and countless members of some of these species. And yet, here you are, right at the top of the table, so why are you not a Siberian Tiger (an even rarer form to assume than a human) or an elephant (still rarer than a human but not as rare as a duck-billed-platypus). One could under the circumstances even ask why you are not a giant redwood tree or a tulip.
Should I care to ask my neighbour why she is a human she'll say 'because of my mum and dad', if I go further and ask her husband he'll tell me about genes and DNA strings. Richard Dawkins would carry on in the same words but with much more details.
Nevertheless one does wonder. In that void, before you were conceived, where were you? Who 'said' let's make Busby a human being, male, white and keen on tennis. If my mother had quickly changed places with a girl friend seconds before conception would I still be the person writing this?

What are we not seeing?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...begins-when-s/

Obviously there are plenty of ideas about where you were before you were precipitated into life and you should be thankful that things turned out quite well. You do after all (presumably) have walls which surround you, a roof over your head, and food on the table. Some people don't. Had you been born as a polar bear you have nothing and have to fight for every sardine you can get. So, repeating the question, why weren't you born as a polar bear? What made the difference.
You could of course tell us about evolution in the real materialistic sense and make Richard Dawkins happy - although I doubt if he'd want to hear anything about re-incarnating. Maybe you'd tell us about spiritual development/evolution which is just as difficult to explain as this would mean we'd been hanging around in the void waiting for the next bus so to speak.
Personally this quandary, (why am I not an elephant) tends to keep my mind busy early in the mornings. This has puzzle has accompanied me for years. I as well as you must have done something to be on the top rank of things and not have to go sniffing in the sewers for lunch.

How did we manage that?????????

Baile 03-10-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busby
Have you ever wondered why you came onto the planet Earth as a human?

Didn't you watch Flashdance back in the 80s? Pick your passion, and make it happen!" And there's your answer: create the reason why.
Quote:

Personally this quandary, (why am I not an elephant) tends to keep my mind busy early in the mornings.

Instead of spending time wondering why you're not an elephant, why not volunteer at a game reserve or animal shelter? Now there's a truly noble calling and purpose for coming to planet earth as a human: compassionate caring and comforting of the innocent animal world.

LadyMay 03-10-2018 02:15 PM

I think it was just pot luck of the universe :D

inavalan 03-10-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

why you came onto the planet Earth as a human?
Maybe you have wondered, as I do, who or what or why you were born right at the top of the league of life - were life a football match you'd have to win all your games to get the pride of place at the end. In other words what have you done to have deserved such a privilege?
Being born into this life as a human is, on balance, quite a rare thing. There are millions of life species on this globe and countless members of some of these species. And yet, here you are, right at the top of the table, so why are you not a Siberian Tiger (an even rarer form to assume than a human) or an elephant (still rarer than a human but not as rare as a duck-billed-platypus). One could under the circumstances even ask why you are not a giant redwood tree or a tulip.
Should I care to ask my neighbour why she is a human she'll say 'because of my mum and dad', if I go further and ask her husband he'll tell me about genes and DNA strings. Richard Dawkins would carry on in the same words but with much more details.
Nevertheless one does wonder. In that void, before you were conceived, where were you? Who 'said' let's make Busby a human being, male, white and keen on tennis. If my mother had quickly changed places with a girl friend seconds before conception would I still be the person writing this?

What are we not seeing?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...begins-when-s/

Obviously there are plenty of ideas about where you were before you were precipitated into life and you should be thankful that things turned out quite well. You do after all (presumably) have walls which surround you, a roof over your head, and food on the table. Some people don't. Had you been born as a polar bear you have nothing and have to fight for every sardine you can get. So, repeating the question, why weren't you born as a polar bear? What made the difference.
You could of course tell us about evolution in the real materialistic sense and make Richard Dawkins happy - although I doubt if he'd want to hear anything about re-incarnating. Maybe you'd tell us about spiritual development/evolution which is just as difficult to explain as this would mean we'd been hanging around in the void waiting for the next bus so to speak.
Personally this quandary, (why am I not an elephant) tends to keep my mind busy early in the mornings. This has puzzle has accompanied me for years. I as well as you must have done something to be on the top rank of things and not have to go sniffing in the sewers for lunch.

How did we manage that?????????

I could try to be funny ... I could try to be serious ... Which to choose?

Years ago, I also began to wonder: Why am I here? What am I supposed to do? Why do people reincarnate (when I started to believe that we reincarnate)?

In a few words ... I currently believe that souls are on a path of evolvement. We incarnate in Physical because we can't yet "be for long" on a higher plane of existence. We incarnate as humans, because we progressed enough not to incarnate as an animal form of life. Humans aren't all on the same level of evolvement.

More specifically ... Humans almost mastered their instincts, and are currently focused and driven by emotions. We can't be for long on a thought-responsive plane of existence (as the higher planes are) because our emotions (fear especially) push us quickly into a nightmarish scenario. So, we mainly need to learn to master our emotions, before our physical reincarnation cycle could end. At the same time we have to improve our intellect (which human just started to develop), and intuition (which humans barely are aware of).

At the same time, each one of us has our individual lesson / experience for this life, that is caused by karmic balancing of the though forms we created in previous incarnations.

Funny reply ... If you ask why you aren't a lower form of life, maybe somebody "up there" hears you, and grants your wish ... (?) :wink:

Baile 04-10-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inavalan
I could try to be funny ... I could try to be serious ... Which to choose?

In a few words ... I currently believe that souls are on a path of evolvement.

One sentence in and you can stop right there. It's not a popular notion around here that we're here to evolve. Either you are perfect the way you are, or existence is an illusion and none of this matters... take your pick. That's why it's best to just crack a joke, and leave it at that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by inavalan
We incarnate as humans, because we progressed enough not to incarnate as an animal form of life.

Thank you. Yes, spiritual understanding really is this simple and obvious. Would love to hear your views on the origin and purpose of the animal realm, and its connection to the human-soul realm.

Greenslade 04-10-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

And yet, here you are, right at the top of the table, so why are you not a Siberian Tiger (an even rarer form to assume than a human) or an elephant (still rarer than a human but not as rare as a duck-billed-platypus). One could under the circumstances even ask why you are not a giant redwood tree or a tulip.

What makes you think being human is the top of the table? Spiritual hierarchy comes from the ego not Spirit, and whatever form our consciousness is in there is a reason for it being 'there'. We all began in the same place, a puddle of gloop that was sitting around between a couple of rocks in the primordial beginnings of the planet and surprisingly we're the end of a long line of genetic anomalies, some of which can't be explained scientifically.

We as humans are destroying the planet and the habitat of the polar bears et al, perhaps if Doris Stokes is right then our karma is to incarnate as humans to destroy the planet then reincarnate as a polar bear to experience the consequences of that.

Busby 04-10-2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baile
Didn't you watch Flashdance back in the 80s? Pick your passion, and make it happen!" And there's your answer: create the reason why.
Instead of spending time wondering why you're not an elephant, why not volunteer at a game reserve or animal shelter? Now there's a truly noble calling and purpose for coming to planet earth as a human: compassionate caring and comforting of the innocent animal world.

Flashdance is unknown to me in content but not in name.

I don't think I'll go and register as at a game reserve, I'm a bit too old for that. But, just to be said, I think I have done my ration of compassion and care in the human world - judging myself of course.

Busby 04-10-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AraceliCianna
I think it was just pot luck of the universe :D

A short and sweet answer. Gives us all plenty to think about in the future and opens up so many doors any of which could offer a mixture of clues.

Thanks.

inavalan 04-10-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baile
... Would love to hear your views on the origin and purpose of the animal realm, and its connection to the human-soul realm.

Animals are focused on, and dominated by, their instincts. They started to develop emotions, and are scratching at the gates of intellect. Animals progressed enough not to incarnate as plants ... :smile:

davidsun 04-10-2018 10:14 PM

This is taken from the opening paragraphs of Ch.12, titled Life Selection, of Michael Newton, Ph.D.'s book Journey of Souls. (There is much more including case history hypnotic regression session transcripts, in there):
The rejuvenation of our energy and personal assessment of one's Self [after death] takes longer for some souls than others, but eventually the soul is motivated to start the process of incarnation. While our spiritual environment is hard to leave, as souls we also remember the physical pleasures of life on Earth with fondness and even nostalgia.

When the wounds of a past life are healed and we are again totally at one with ourselves, we feel the pull of having a physical expression for our identity. Training sessions with our counselors and peer groups have provided a collaborative spiritual effort to prepare us for the next life. Our karma of past deeds towards humanity and our mistakes and achievements have all been evaluated with an eye toward the best course of future endeavors. The soul must now assimilate all this information and take purposeful action based upon three primary decisions:

* Am I ready for a new physical life?

* What specific lessons do I want to undertake to advance my learning and development?

* Where should I go, and who shall I be in my next life for the best opportunity to work on my goals?

Older souls incarnate less, regardless of the population demands of their assigned planets. When a world dies, those entities with unfinished business move on to another world which has a suitable life form for the kind of work they have been doing. Cycles of incarnation for the eternal soul seem to be regulated more by the internal desires of a particular soul, than by the urgency of host bodies evolving in a universe of planets.

Nevertheless, Earth certainly has an increasing need for souls. Today, we have over five billion people. Demographers vary in their calculations on how many individuals have lived on Earth in the last 200,000 years. The average estimate is some 50 billion people. This figure, which I think is low, does not signify the number of visitations by different souls. Bear in mind the same souls continue to reincarnate, and there are those who occupy more than one body at a time. There are reincarnationists who believe the number of people living on Earth today is close to the total number of souls who ever lived here.

The frequency of incarnation on Earth by souls is uneven. Earth clearly has more need for souls today than in the past. Population estimates in 1 AD are around 200 million. By 1800, humans had quadrupled, and after only 170 more years, quadrupled again. Between 1970 and 2010, the world's population is expected to double once more.

When I study the incarnation chronology of a client, I find there is usually a long span of hundreds, even thousands, of years between their lives in Paleolithic nomadic cultures. With the introduction of agriculture and domesticated animals in the Neolithic Age, from 7,000 to 5,000 years ago, my subjects report living more frequent lives. Still, their lives are often spaced as much as 500 years apart. With the rise of cities, trade, and more available food, I see the incarnation schedules of souls increasing with a growing population. Between 1000 and 1500 AD, my clients live an average of once in two centuries. After 1700, this changes to once in a century. By the 1900s, living more than one life in a century is common among my cases.

It has been argued these increases in soul incarnations only appear to be so because past life recall improves as people in hypnosis get closer to their current lives. This may be true to some extent, but if a life is important it will be vividly remembered at any age in time. Without doubt, the enormous population increase on Earth is the basic cause for souls coming here more often. Is there a possibility that the inventory of souls slated for Earth could be strained by this surge in human reproduction?

When I ask clients about the inventory of available souls, they tell me I should worry more about our planet dying from over-population than exhausting the reserve of souls. There is the conviction that new souls are always available to fill any expanding population requirements. If our planet is just one example among all other intelligent populations which exist in this universe, the inventory of souls must truly be astronomical.

I have said souls do have the freedom to choose when, where, and who they want to be in their physical lives. Certain souls spend less time in the spirit world in order to accelerate development, while others are very reluctant to leave. There is no question but what our guides exert great influence in this matter. Just as we were given an intake interview in the orientation phase right after death, there are preparatory exit interviews by spiritual advisors to determine our readiness for rebirth. The case which follows illustrates a typical spiritual scene with a lower-level soul.