Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Science & Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Which came first? Light or Sound? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14036)

ZeroPointField 09-04-2011 09:31 PM

Which came first? Light or Sound?

Any thoughts?

psychoslice 09-04-2011 09:37 PM

Logically thinking I would have to say light, where as sound would be a lower vibration ?.

Squatchit 09-04-2011 09:42 PM

Does it matter? :smile:

psychoslice 09-04-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squatchit
Does it matter? :smile:

What came first, does it matter or yes it does matter lol.:smile:

innerlight 09-04-2011 10:58 PM

I would say neither came first.. I would say vibration was first. Sound is vibration that reverberates through an ear. So without an ear to decipher or translate that vibration it's just a vibration.

ZeroPointField 09-04-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Logically thinking I would have to say light, where as sound would be a lower vibration ?.

Maybe it needed a lower vibration first to reach the higher vibration. Who knows? Just a thought.

Quote:

Does it matter?

Yes. There are men here holding me hostage who will kill me if I don't find the answer. (sarcasm, don't call the cops)

It matters to my curiosity. You're never curious about things? Or was this a pun on "matter"?

Quote:

What came first, does it matter or yes it does matter lol

I think that made my brain hurt more than the original question. Heh.

Quote:

I would say neither came first.. I would say vibration was first. Sound is vibration that reverberates through an ear. So without an ear to decipher or translate that vibration it's just a vibration.

Definitely a good call, but if there was already an awareness to see or hear, and you had to choose, which do you think came first?

blackraven 09-04-2011 11:17 PM

ZeroPointField - I don't know a whole lot about science but the little bit that I do know about the "Big Bang Theory" I would surmise that light and sound occurred simultaneously. :)

Blackraven

innerlight 09-04-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroPointField
Definitely a good call, but if there was already an awareness to see or hear, and you had to choose, which do you think came first?

You still have another variable with regards to light. That would be what is the source of light? Now if both conditions exist as true their being the vibrations, and frequency of sound and also a source of light also existing. It could then be said that sound was there first. As sound travels faster that light. You would be aware of sound before you would be aware of light.

Gracey 09-04-2011 11:59 PM

sound came first.

psychoslice 10-04-2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innerlight

I like what you said innerlight, but that vibration that we call sound must have been there still before the hearing apparatus to convert it to what we call sound ?.