Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   What is Love? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26691)

CuriousSnowflake 03-12-2011 03:05 PM

What is Love?

I decided to take Xan's suggestion on another thread and start this one. Very simple: what is your definition of Love? I think there is no right or wrong answers to this, since Love is personal as well as transpersonal, and therefore will be different for each of us. I mostly just want everyone to share, so that each of us might expand our understanding and experience of Love.

So, whaddayathink? :D

CS

3dnow 03-12-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousSnowflake
I decided to take Xan's suggestion on another thread and start this one. Very simple: what is your definition of Love? I think there is no right or wrong answers to this, since Love is personal as well as transpersonal, and therefore will be different for each of us. I mostly just want everyone to share, so that each of us might expand our understanding and experience of Love.

CS

Not judging. Refusing judgment.

Looking straight in the eye without comment.

Mind only understands this.

Then there is the love that comes from heart for no reason.

3d

TzuJanLi 03-12-2011 11:07 PM

Greetings..

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousSnowflake

CS

"Love" is an Energetic event, a resonance between the experiencer, that which is experienced, and the experience itself.. stripping away the mind-play, Love emerges as a fundamental Energetic resonance, and its relationship with Life shapes the very nature of all other relationships by the degree of resonance and quality of the Energies resonating.. from this perspective, it is difficult to be manipulated by word-play.. and, word/mind-play has used the power of 'Love' to deceive and manipulate people for way too long..

Be well..

Miss Hepburn 03-12-2011 11:20 PM

I kinda stick to what the Bible said - in what, Corinthians?

I'm sure someone will post it for us.

That really sums it up for me.

You know, love is patient...etc.

Moonglow 03-12-2011 11:21 PM

Hello,

In my words.

Love is having the compassion and willingness to understand another.
To have the courage to reach out and help ones fellow being.
To have a passion for life and acceptance for its many manifestations.
Having respect and gratitude for that which is given and hold no resentment for that which is not.

Understanding, compassion, respect, passion, and acceptance seem to sum up the words I would use that play into the emotions, feelings, and desire of love.

Peace

psychoslice 03-12-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I kinda stick to what the Bible said - in what, Corinthians?

I'm sure someone will post it for us.

That really sums it up for me.

You know, love is patient...etc.

But what is love to you, not what someone else has said, be it the bible or whatever, love is not some beautiful words, its who you are, the source.

Miss Hepburn 03-12-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoslice
But what is love to you, not what someone else has said, be it the bible or whatever, love is not some beautiful words, its who you are, the source.

Yes, and how does the Source manifest Love- what does it do or not do - feel like or not feel like, through me---and I agree with all that was said in the Bible about it.
I'm being lazy - is all - not wanting to look it up ---it forgives and is long suffering, it doesn't rejoice in another's misfortune and on and on...

I'm not parroting the Bible I just think it says it all and there's no need for me to elaborate in different words that mean the same thing.
It just seemed to cover all the bases already - why improve on it.
Is what I'm saying.

But, I'm all for talking about Love!!!!!
Keep it up!

psychoslice 03-12-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes, and how does the Source manifest Love- what does it do or not do - feel like or not feel like, through me---and I agree with all that was said in the Bible about it.
I'm being lazy - is all - not wanting to look it up ---it forgives and is long suffering, it doesn't rejoice in another's misfortune and on and on...

I'm not parroting the Bible I just think it says it all and there's no need for me to elaborate in different words that mean the same thing.
It just seemed to cover all the bases already - why improve on it.
Is what I'm saying.

But, I'm all for talking about Love!!!!!
Keep it up!

as long as you are happy with the shadow of love then that's all you will ever know.

Racer X 04-12-2011 12:15 AM

What is Love?

The absence of Fear

sound 04-12-2011 12:22 AM

The OP asks people to share what love is for them... not to tell others that they are only ever going to experience a shadow of love ... why should you impose your idea of love on someone else ps? With every respect, I cant help but comment that both you and Xan have a habit of that ... and then sometimes you even answer for each other hahahaha I'm sure you dont mean any harm by it but it gets tiresome :hug3:

What love is for me is in my signature below ...