Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   The Pure in Heart (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127840)

Morpheus 06-02-2019 07:33 PM

The Pure in Heart

Among the words of our Lord spoken in the sermon of the mount, are these...

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God".

Who do you think are these who are described as the pure in heart?

sky 06-02-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus

Anyone who's organ of spiritual perception ( The heart ) is uncontaminated.....

davidmartin 06-02-2019 10:31 PM

children? would jibe with some other Jesus teachings...

bear in mind this is quite radical of Jesus to say since a common idea in Judaism was 'no-one can see God and live' although i'm not sure how far that idea went
It also hints the heart is the organ of sight
I've been reading up on Jewish conceptions of perception - very, very different from Greek! And Greek ultimately influenced Christianity here...

For example the word for compassion or mercy in Hebrew is the same root as 'womb'. Various other body parts are given meanings like kidneys and heart and so on. Greeks were all about mental conceptions of ideas... only just discovered this

theophilus 07-02-2019 02:17 PM

All of us have impure hearts that are contaminated by sin. The only way we can be pure in heart is to repent of our sins and put our faith in Jesus Christ. He will then give us a new heart that is pure and is able to see God.

jojo50 07-02-2019 03:11 PM

Quote:

Among the words of our Lord spoken in the sermon of the mount, are these..."Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God".Who do you think are these who are described as the pure in heart?

Jesus was referring to Spiritual Cleanliness. Paul spoke on this to the Corithians concerning repentance,(2Cor. 7:1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God). the Scriptures shows that Godly devotion with Spiritual cleanliness goes hand in hand. our minds and hearts must be clean or "Pure" ,having a clean conscience. those "Pure on Heart", will gain eternal life ,(" for they shall see God"). in order for this to happen, "Christians" must try their best to follow in Jesus steps ,(1Pet.2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps).

NOT loving the world or the things in it as MANY do ,(1John 2:15-17 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever).

Jesus said he and his wasn't of the world ,these then and now possess are the "Pure in Heart", (John 17:16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world). because this world is in the power of satan ,(1John 5:19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one). the way many live, their conduct, actions, if it's NOT approved by Jehovah God and Jesus, then it's approved by satan. peace

sky 07-02-2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theophilus
All of us have impure hearts that are contaminated by sin. The only way we can be pure in heart is to repent of our sins and put our faith in Jesus Christ. He will then give us a new heart that is pure and is able to see God.

' All of us have impure hearts that are contaminated by sin.'

That is nonsense as you personally do not know the ' Heart ' of others, it would be more wise to speak for yourself as speaking for others is ridiculous....

davidmartin 07-02-2019 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
' All of us have impure hearts that are contaminated by sin.'

That is nonsense as you personally do not know the ' Heart ' of others, it would be more wise to speak for yourself as speaking for others is ridiculous....

Yes sky I do agree with you, it is
sin is just not knowing God

Morpheus 08-02-2019 07:57 AM

Well, can't say that Theo is wrong, sky, since he is just reiterating scripture. I am aware of what goes on around me in the world also, and every day.
Generally speaking, albeit with a few exeptions, humanity is a cesspool.

For a while now, regarding original sin, I've perceived that everything has it's source in Spirit, and humanity is a fallen situation from the angelic.
Original and inherited sin is about this (evolved) organic and material situation in which we find ourselves. This "animal/mammal" situation, along with ego and the survival instinct.

What is holy involves the Spirit, and involving the timeless. Again which is the greater reality and truth.

I recall there is a verse in scripture talking about how, since the fall, "The whole world awaits, ("groans for"), it's redemption."
That is, "creation" does. Looked up Romans 8. Particularly 8:22. "All of creation eagerly awaits"...

ImthatIm 08-02-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

What is holy involves the Spirit, and involving the timeless. Again which is the greater reality and truth.

I recall there is a verse in scripture talking about how, since the fall, "The whole world awaits, ("groans for"), it's redemption."
That is, "creation" does. Looked up Romans 8. Particularly 8:22. "All of creation eagerly awaits"...

Creation groaning. To be released from this cycle of Life and death.

And the tree of Life only remains. Yes, time will be no more.

What is Holy involves spirit. Yes, and what is this Holy Spirit but Love and Light that is a living Light full of Love.

Sin = being separated from this Love and Light which is called God.

Jesus is redeemer. Showed us the Way and the Truth and the Life.

He resurrected. Time, matter and death was overcome by Him. Even in life he overcame the decay of death and controlled matter. Not by Magic tricks but by radiating Love and Light that are beyond this death and decay world.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

SeaZen 09-02-2019 12:48 AM

Quote:

Those who are compassionate and non-judgmental towards others and themselves, pretty simple really