Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Non Duality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Mind and Ego (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117028)

weareunity 24-09-2017 07:15 AM

Hello Iamit. Suggestion and support.That to begin to experience oneness we do not have to rely on intellectual thought, something far simpler available to all so inclined is all that is required. Again--good luck and best wishes. petex

7luminaries 24-09-2017 04:34 PM

[quote=God-Like]
Quote:

Originally Posted by 7luminaries

I agree in that the mind=brain relationship if left at that is limiting . All one has to understand in such instances is that an individual that is not of the physical experience continues to self relate (ego) and think for themselves . The brain is just a component of the physical body that allows one to operate / function within the body and within a physical environment (amongst other things) .

Hey God-Like (Daz), agreed. Also, our consciousness, even apart from the body, not only (in our words) thinks but also feels. So, where you say "mind" for consciousness, I say heart-led mind for heart-led consciousness. When the heart, or multidimensional core of our divine spark, is not allowed to lead with mind in service to heart, we remain misaligned with our centre. Because I don't think most will implicitly understand what I mean without this explanation, I have included it...though you've heard it before.

To clarify further, I give this explanation because whilst in a physical experience, we do experience the surrender of physical mind (ego, intellect, snake brain, etc) to heart, when we come to a certain place on our path. The clarity and power of mind (intellect) to heart-led consciousness (which permeates all we are and all that is, including the physical mind.

When we are not tethered to the physical body, or else when have expanded our awareness of consciousness beyond just our physical realm, then we understand that heart-led consciousness is all-present and is experienced in unity. Time spent in lucid awareness in the spirit realm allows for this understanding quite clearly. Here, the distinctions made in the physical realm are no longer necessary, except when referencing the lack of integrity or unity that may still exist in the physical realm.

But the one other thing I can see is that for those who have yet to experience lucid time concretely spent (so to speak) in the spirit realm, it may be difficult for them to understand that the energy of consciousness never dies, that it merely moves on, or (literally) changes form, from a physical one to an ethereal one.

Quote:

l see the mind as the foundation for all experience .

Everything is of the mind and it seems Iamit can't understand what I am saying in this regard .

The brain is of the mind, the people are are the mind in the same way a fish is of the ocean .. The ocean is the environment for fish to experience being a fish ..

The mind is an environment for an individual person to experience a physical person .

As said to Iamit, the mind has no agenda, it is not something that can sway you to remain in ego ..

The purpose of the mind if you are listening Iamit is to be the foundation of your experience .

x daz x

I agree. As long as we describe that a bit more for others :hug3:
I would also say mind, or consciousness, is the foundation for all experience.
But what else can we say about this to clarify it?

We could say that mind, or consciousness, may expand and deepen infinitely.
The awakened consciousness has awareness of all, including his or her own emotional, spiritual, and mental aspects.

Mind in this understanding is not only intellect, nor just the mental aspects of consciousness. It most especially is also heart and spirit -- the unbounded authentic love which is our ground of being. It is this spirit or authentic love in expression which continually manifests and supports all that is, in our infinite diversity. It exists in (or through) our individuated expression, as well as encompassing all that is.

I hope this might add some clarity (?) for some of the other folks, who may be getting thrown off by the word mind, since we are using it in the broadest way possible whilst many are used to thinking of it in the very narrowest possible sense.

Peace & blessings, Daz :hug3:
7L

God-Like 25-09-2017 07:21 AM

[quote=7luminaries]
Quote:

Originally Posted by God-Like

Hey God-Like (Daz), agreed. Also, our consciousness, even apart from the body, not only (in our words) thinks but also feels. So, where you say "mind" for consciousness, I say heart-led mind for heart-led consciousness. When the heart, or multidimensional core of our divine spark, is not allowed to lead with mind in service to heart, we remain misaligned with our centre. Because I don't think most will implicitly understand what I mean without this explanation, I have included it...though you've heard it before.

To clarify further, I give this explanation because whilst in a physical experience, we do experience the surrender of physical mind (ego, intellect, snake brain, etc) to heart, when we come to a certain place on our path. The clarity and power of mind (intellect) to heart-led consciousness (which permeates all we are and all that is, including the physical mind.

When we are not tethered to the physical body, or else when have expanded our awareness of consciousness beyond just our physical realm, then we understand that heart-led consciousness is all-present and is experienced in unity. Time spent in lucid awareness in the spirit realm allows for this understanding quite clearly. Here, the distinctions made in the physical realm are no longer necessary, except when referencing the lack of integrity or unity that may still exist in the physical realm.

But the one other thing I can see is that for those who have yet to experience lucid time concretely spent (so to speak) in the spirit realm, it may be difficult for them to understand that the energy of consciousness never dies, that it merely moves on, or (literally) changes form, from a physical one to an ethereal one.

I agree. As long as we describe that a bit more for others :hug3:
I would also say mind, or consciousness, is the foundation for all experience.
But what else can we say about this to clarify it?

We could say that mind, or consciousness, may expand and deepen infinitely.
The awakened consciousness has awareness of all, including his or her own emotional, spiritual, and mental aspects.

Mind in this understanding is not only intellect, nor just the mental aspects of consciousness. It most especially is also heart and spirit -- the unbounded authentic love which is our ground of being. It is this spirit or authentic love in expression which continually manifests and supports all that is, in our infinite diversity. It exists in (or through) our individuated expression, as well as encompassing all that is.

I hope this might add some clarity (?) for some of the other folks, who may be getting thrown off by the word mind, since we are using it in the broadest way possible whilst many are used to thinking of it in the very narrowest possible sense.

Peace & blessings, Daz :hug3:
7L

The mind, consciousness, ego and all that jazz will mean different things to different folk and that's okay .

Some might associate consciousness being the mind . I think it's safe enough to say that you can't separate one without the other so to speak .

Referring to the mind with just the brain of the physical as you know is very limiting and when an individual relates to just that then it has a knock on effect to what everything else means .

My understanding derives from the absence of mind / consciousness so then when awareness returns and when perception returns one begins to understand what is present only when all things were absent ..

As soon as one is self aware there is a foundation of ego whether it's led via the heart or the intellect.. I AM LOVE is ego based if we keep inline with the thread . It also depends on what Ego means . It is rare that people see eye to eye on such things, so all one can do is show their method of workings / understandings .

The main point I was making is that the mind is not holding what you are captive in the ego expression .. but what you are can be easily swayed by our senses that are perceiving the mindful world / universe ..

It's like one can be consumed by materialism and one can be self absorbed so much so that one cannot see the needs of others ..

All is experienced in or of the mind but the mind is not an entity that has an agenda or is it something that can be blamed for how you perceive what's of it .

x daz x

7luminaries 25-09-2017 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God-Like
The mind, consciousness, ego and all that jazz will mean different things to different folk and that's okay .

Some might associate consciousness being the mind . I think it's safe enough to say that you can't separate one without the other so to speak .

Referring to the mind with just the brain of the physical as you know is very limiting and when an individual relates to just that then it has a knock on effect to what everything else means .

Hey there Dazzer/GL. I agree you can't separate. Using terms like mind, or what is, or (heart-led) consciousness, or authentic love...ultimately, these are all words we use for the same thing.

The thing is, it's really all on a spectrum and typically we are at the individual end of things in our experiences. Though as we expand our individuated consciousness, these "edges" and positions on the spectrum overlap or co-exist or meld together with one another.

The further down the rabbit hole we go, the more it's possible to perceive the both/and perspective and to live there more and more fully. But for many, it will seem odd or different from their own experiences located firmly in the individual end of the spectrum. The experiential gap is a lot of what this boils down to, I'd say.

Quote:

My understanding derives from the absence of mind / consciousness so then when awareness returns and when perception returns one begins to understand what is present only when all things were absent ..

That's a good point. One thing that is never missing is the love that is what is, or what I call authentic love (in its totality). That is always present. I think that's what we're supposed to remember when perception returns (to the self). The difference is in connecting to what is from our awakened centre (heart-led awareness) versus solely the crown-led awareness (7th versus 10th and beyond...so, not building the crown. Just the crown above the 3rd eye). Authentic love in being and expression is the difference there, IMO.

Quote:

As soon as one is self aware there is a foundation of ego whether it's led via the heart or the intellect.. I AM LOVE is ego based if we keep inline with the thread . It also depends on what Ego means . It is rare that people see eye to eye on such things, so all one can do is show their method of workings / understandings .

The main point I was making is that the mind is not holding what you are captive in the ego expression .. but what you are can be easily swayed by our senses that are perceiving the mindful world / universe ..

Yah :D We are given individuate consciousness for a reason...we have choices to take and they matter. We have growing to do. we can choose to go in any given direction, and if we are wise enough and humble enough (both), then we can continually adjust and re-route our course along the way. To approach our centre more truly.

Like this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prayer for Peace, excerpt
May we see the day when war and bloodshed cease,
when a great peace will embrace the whole world.

Then nation will not threaten nation,
and mankind will not again know war.

For all who live on earth shall realise
we have not come into being to hate or to destroy.

We have come into being
to praise, to labour and to love.
(etc.)

Back to you...
Quote:

It's like one can be consumed by materialism and one can be self absorbed so much so that one cannot see the needs of others ..

All is experienced in or of the mind but the mind is not an entity that has an agenda or is it something that can be blamed for how you perceive what's of it .

x daz x

That is true and well said. It is what is...or, it is what it is. Something along those lines. Forest for the trees. This illusion of separation only exists so that we can realise it exists via growth and challenge and experience -- and in so doing, therefore realise what truly is and who we truly are. Different aspects of source, connected in various ways.

Peace & blessings :hug3:
7L