Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   When You Die, How Do You Want To Be Remembered? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=124632)

linen53 24-08-2018 05:00 PM

Funny Ocean Breeze.

Slayer, how true. The dead are soon forgotten by most but not by those they are close to like a sibling or spouse.

Colorado, my kids are grown and gone and living their lives. But I do understand. It's so very important when you are in the 'mom' phase of your life. Getting them established to succeed no matter what comes their way.

Trin, you are the only one who sees yourself as a loser. I see you as a sensitive, vibrant human being that I like very much.

luke, I agree with you. Maybe I won't take it as far as you would, but I'd like to pay tribute to this body that has served me very well in this lifetime.

dream jo 24-08-2018 05:02 PM

she wz a hiddin ppyickik in watinss she wz

MisterHunter 06-09-2018 12:21 PM

My life is pretty unremarkable but I accept that. I don't get the concept on needing to be remembered but thats just me really.

linen53 06-09-2018 03:04 PM

Other than inspiring others when I'm alive, MisterHunter want to slip away silently.

Amanaki 07-09-2018 09:02 PM

Death is only an transformation, i do not worry about my reputation after i leave this life.

Nature Grows 08-09-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linen53
Slayer, how true. The dead are soon forgotten by most but not by those they are close to like a sibling or spouse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Considering the dead always easily end up forgotten, does it really matter?
I'll probably be remembered as that misanthropic loner, but who cares.

Many people throughout history have been remembered, even stories past down from ancient times. There have also even been movies an tv series's made from people lives (sometimes not so accurate to the history, but still) or how about the music some people made? they have left the earth but there music is still here an you can hear them still and people remember them.

Dargor 08-09-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nature Grows
Many people throughout history have been remembered, even stories past down from ancient times. There have also even been movies an tv series's made from people lives (sometimes not so accurate to the history, but still) or how about the music some people made? they have left the earth but there music is still here an you can hear them still and people remember them.

Yeah maybe because those were regarded as famous and important people of that time. But a common civilian with a boring background like me isn't worth anything, so it seems unlikely that one day in the future some random dude suddenly comes up with the idea of ''Hey, let's make a movie about SlayerOfLight!''. This pretty much counts for anyone who doesn't have an important status in life though. But let me reveal a secret: I don't really care.

linen53 08-09-2018 02:38 PM

You make a valid point Nature. But like Slayer says not the average Joe.

You made me smile Slayer with your revealed secret. I agree.

Altair 08-09-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linen53
After I die I really don't care how I am remembered. I am shaking the dust off of my feet and moving on.

I don't care about it either.. It's the ego that wants to be remembered and have a big name, even if it's based on good qualities. Let other people decide whom you were, how you feel about it yourself can never quite match how someone else feels anyway, so to worry or ponder about it seems a waste of time..

The best thing that can happen is that if we die we meet the new reality with open eyes and shed the old. No point being stuck in the past..

linen53 08-09-2018 04:27 PM

I hadn't thought of that angle Altair. Yes, it's the ego that wants the fame.