Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Signs & Synchronicities (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Opinions Please – what are the signs here? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=101767)

Akira 31-05-2016 12:39 PM

Opinions Please – what are the signs here?

Hi All
I have my theory on this, but I would love another perspective.

Scenario: My other half and I had booked tickets for an event on Saturday. I was excited about it I'd bought my outfit and everything was good. Then on Friday night he called me up he started saying (as we had tickets for the day and an after party) that he wanted to go to the day, lets blow out the evening. I got a bit irritated 'look we've got tickets lets just go, if we don't like it we can leave'. He kept putting a dampener on it though . Too be honest it just sounded like he did not want to go. So I said 'I am happy to go on my own'. He said 'no, no I'm coming we're meant to go together'...
Conversation ended and I enjoyed my evening.

Saturday: I went to pick him up, as usual he wasn't ready he needed to tumble dry his trousers, then pack his bag and we left his place later than I would have liked :rolleyes: . After lunch we left mine and we were half an hour later than I would have liked because he changed his clothes at the last minute. We got to the station, we missed the train because he had to go and get money out. Eventually we arrived after taking a later train. The venue wasn't very well sign posted and we went to the wrong entrance, they were like you need to go round the other side. We went to the entrance and they said you're too late we are not letting anyone in. The deadline to get in was 5pm and it was 5pm, we would have been on time if it was signposted better. I was upset that they would not let us in :confused: . Other half was lets just go I am sick of this. I reasoned with him, we've got tickets for later it should be cool. We got some dinner, then at 7.45 queued for the next bit. An hour and a half later we had still not been admitted due to technical problems. He was getting irritated and he wanted to go. In the end we did leave because we had to get a train home. The whole day was the two of us not doing anything really and not using the tickets we paid for!! ...

So, what do you think the lesson was here?
:hug3:

**Please note I was irritated at the time, but the whole thing did not really bother me all that much in the end as I got to dress up and have some nice dinner. However other half was clearly upset/annoyed ... He really did want to attend the event!!

froebellian 31-05-2016 03:17 PM

It sounds as if you weren't destined to attend either during the day or night.

Even though you say he really wanted to go, he wasn't ready or prepared; sorry but people who are excited plan their clothes, draw out money before you get there, and get to the train station early.

Perhaps you avoided something that happened inside the event that may have harmed you both, and that's why Fate was keeping you away?

Maybe there was no lesson to be learned...

Somnia 31-05-2016 03:19 PM

Did your significant other enjoy your company even though all these things kept preventing you guys from seeing this show? If he did, then I believe that could be a possible lesson...Being able to enjoy each other's company even when things don't go as planned when you go out...Sometimes weird stuff happens that throws hitches in our plans and you just have to breath and roll with it...even if it may be annoying/upsetting at the time enjoying each other's company when things don't go as planned shows good compatibility in the relationship...

Akira 31-05-2016 03:37 PM

To Froe: Yes I think that there was a lesson and I never actually thought about the fact that we may have avoided something bigger... That's a really good point. As you say we were not destined to be at the event no matter what we did. As for my other half, he's never ready for anything.. I am surprised when we leave the house :icon_rolleyes: (In fact I am surprised that we ever go to any event lol!! :wink: )
Also it may have been his lesson not mine.. or as you say no lesson at all..
It was a weird and crazy day though :confused:

To Somnia: Yes we did have a good time despite all that, you are right. We had a lovely dinner. I sang, then we caught a few trains and had a laugh while he took photo’s of me in an empty bar!! My past had always involved blows ups when things went wrong.. :hug3:

froebellian 31-05-2016 04:01 PM

I feel ( and I find when the Universe stops you doing things) there is a good reason. Maybe you would have bumped into an ex, or a fight would have broken out, or an accident occurred and one of you may have been injured.

I find this is often Fate pushing you away from a path that is not right for you to avoid pain and suffering.

Baile 31-05-2016 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akira
Saturday: I went to pick him up, as usual he wasn't ready he needed to tumble dry his trousers, then pack his bag and we left his place later than I would have liked
After lunch we left mine and we were half an hour later than I would have liked because he changed his clothes at the last minute.
We got to the station, we missed the train because he had to go and get money out.

The signs here are pointing to your partner having an organization and time-management issue. And I'm not even psychic!

O 31-05-2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baile
The signs here are pointing to your partner having an organization and time-management issue. And I'm not even psychic!

lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by Somnia
Sometimes weird stuff happens that throws hitches in our plans and you just have to breath and roll with it...

I agree with Somnia.

And thanks for the "he had to tumble dry his trousers" comment. Hilarious! I dont know why, it just is.:D

Akira 31-05-2016 04:43 PM

Froe: yes I completely agree, there were definitely forces at work stopping us going ...

I find this is often Fate pushing you away from a path that is not right for you to avoid pain and suffering.[/quote]

Originally Posted by Baile

Yes Baile: he does lol: you had me in stitches. I can't get mad at him though because it really is funny he stands in the way of himself having a good time!! :wink:

Olivia: I dunno what it is with the tumble dry comment either, but once you pointed it out I fell about in a fit of giggles!!

... Maybe this all points to the fact that he really is his own worst enemy. He really wanted to go to the event he has wanted to attend one for years and well look what happened...!! oooops :smile:

Baile 31-05-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

He kept putting a dampener on it though . Too be honest it just sounded like he did not want to go.

If he didn't want to go, that explains the events... he unconsciously made sure he didn't go, by going and making sure it didn't happen. Also, if you were projecting that he didn't want to go, then that "doesn't want" energy could have played into things as well. Are these signs? Or are they the events that naturally unfold as a result of our unspoken thoughts, intentions and assumptions?

Baile 31-05-2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Yes Baile: he does lol: you had me in stitches. I can't get mad at him though because it really is funny he stands in the way of himself having a good time!! :wink:

I picked up you love him and accept him as is. Nothing wrong with that, that's admirable in fact. If he gets in his way, and you don't mind that, that's a match!