Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Forum Help (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Server too busy (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116467)

Patrycia-Rose 26-08-2017 07:51 AM

Server too busy

For the last week or so, when trying to log on I get the message the server's too busy. Is this a glitch in the system? It also happens when I'm logged on and trying to move between threads.

Shivani Devi 26-08-2017 08:51 AM

Yeah, I've been noticing it a lot too.

I also mentioned it once...a long time ago now and was told "when the server is busy it's a sign from the universe to take a break from here for a while and go do something else". lol

Apparently it goes through fits and starts and not much can be done but wait for it to right itself again.

Clover 26-08-2017 03:03 PM

I have been noticing this too, unfortunately, I get the boot too. :mad: This specifically is not a glitch. More holding traffic for the type of plan we pay for I think is one reason ( although don't quote me on it :D )

I will tell you one thing, hang in there, we have much exciting things to look forward to in the future. Lynn is doing her best to work on it!

Thank you all for sticking around,
Cloves

Patrycia-Rose 27-08-2017 09:21 AM

Thanks Clover for the explanation. I hope the site doesn't change too much. I always get a bit nervous when something is going to be "new and improved".

I don't think there much wrong with the site. The only thing would be to be able to attach larger files. When I first joined it took a long time for me to put together a word document with all the affirmations from aura soma. I tried to upload it and it was too large. I tried to convert into PDF, smaller word documents, it wouldn't even take one A4 word document.

The other thing I would welcome is a larger message screen, like "go to full page" when putting together a reply.

Other than that, it's perfect (well, for me anyway).

Patrycia

Tobi 30-08-2017 06:22 PM

I have had the same problem for a few days.

Shivani Devi 31-08-2017 08:18 AM

Yeah, pretty much over it all now.

It's like 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off.

So, I go to type up a few paragraphs in reply to a post...go to hit the 'post reply' button and I get 'server is busy...try again later'...go back a page to see if what I typed is still there...nope, it's gone.

Yesterday I went into trance, got a direct channel established...opened up the forum, let the channel through...hit 'reply' and got 'server is busy' and I snapped out of trance in frustration and then asked the channel "please do that again" and I got '"nope, the fact you couldn't post it means you simply weren't meant to"...

So I went 'have it your way...the next time trance hits, I'll open up wordpad and save it on there first". lol

Now I find that I am basically copying everything before I post it just in case the server crashes in the middle of it...annoying.

Meanwhile, I tried to get on here for an hour yesterday and kept on getting this message:

Quote:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.29 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.29 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.spiritualforums.com Port 80

Basically, and for all intents and purposes, the site has crashed...and so, I should find other things to do until it gets fixed.

Lorelyen 31-08-2017 08:19 AM

Does the site need to be any different shape at all?

It functions as it should. It's nice. Shame if it changes for the sake of cosmetics.

Lynn 31-08-2017 06:11 PM

Hello Members

I am well aware of this and trust that I am working to get control of things here. I am just waiting for the authorization now then we can get moving here into the mode we should be in here.

I am working to have the site upgraded to a format that will run smoothly, that me and the other SF TEAM of Staff can run things without issues.

I should have news next week for you.....please accept my apologies here no one knows more than I do how much the site means to others.

The changes will not effect the site in the way Matt set it up trust me I know how much it means still to Matt. We have to sort out more behind the scene things so that we the SF Staff can run things smoothly, fix issues as they come up. Not have the site crashes, or time outs ext.

Lynn
SF Admin

Chrysalis 31-08-2017 08:38 PM

Oh, a new and improved site. Way to tease my curiosity while I wait for the unveiling.

Thank you to all the SF staff for the work you do.

FairyCrystal 01-09-2017 09:47 AM

Glad to know it is temporary, because it happens real often now. And like someone said, when you go back in the browser, what you typed isn't there anymore so you have to start all over again :'(