Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Why do I see colors? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=47315)

Latinxassassin 12-02-2013 11:13 PM

Why do I see colors?

Whenever I am meditating or not, I see colors.

Most of the colors I see are high frequency colors. I mostly see Indigo/Violet that usually fade out to purple, then blue. I rarely see green sometimes, but it doesn't go along with the other colors. It's weird that these colors fade out in order.

When I am not meditating, these colors usually come out of no where, and they sometimes come from people/objects.

Do you guys know what this means?

BabeRuthless 13-02-2013 09:20 PM

This happens to me as well, I asked my eye doctor about it once. He said it is a common neurological phenomenon. Although I didn't tell him, I believe there is a spiritual meaning too! I would really like to know what it means :)

seeatom 13-02-2013 09:34 PM

I used to see colours, visions of random stuff when I began meditating.
Eventually your mind learns to quiet down and stop these things over time and practicing.

Lynn 14-02-2013 03:33 AM

Hello

The colours could be related to the opening and closing of the Third Eye Chakra.

I have always seen colours, and I too asked the Dr was told it was nothing to worry on. Its how the light hits the back of the eye and then how the brain works to percieive that. Like how some see in pictures and others need words to learn.

Lynn

Elina 20-02-2013 02:24 PM

Hi
I agree with Lynn this is to do with being in tune with this chakra, enjoy, say thank you to the experience and let it be... Just don't be disappointed if it goes because it isn't really gone.

Elina

Anandini.Devotee 20-02-2013 11:21 PM

It's the chakras this is very common

IsleWalker 20-02-2013 11:31 PM

I think it has more to do with the vibration of what you're thinking about.

I can either consciously make myself think of specific colors, can concentrate on a different body part and get different colors after a while or just get colored cloud formations floating out.

Do some experiments thinking about different things--like peaceful things, healing things. Try concentrating on different organs in your body and see if you perceive different colors.

I don't believe it is just light hitting receptors in the eye. It can be in the first minute or so, but, especially if you've blocked all light, I think it is the interaction of the vibrations of your brain with those receptors. Light waves are not present then. Just my opinion.

Lora

Anandini.Devotee 21-02-2013 03:15 AM

If u meditate enough it will turn into a porthole called the kutesta chitanya or Christ center, yogananda and Babaji and even Jesus spoke about it, :) Om Nama shivaya

cMarie 27-02-2013 03:41 AM

I have these lights too, usually violet/indigo glowing almost neon looking. They tend to originate at my brow or forehead and then they travel away from me. One after another. I think it could be thought forms, or possibly just energy. If I focus I can change the color and then I direct it to others for healing, even at long distances. It is something I am learning, it is amazing!

And I agree it is not just light receptors, because I often meditate in darkness, and once they start I can see them with my eyes open too!

IsleWalker 27-02-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cMarie
I have these lights too, usually violet/indigo glowing almost neon looking. They tend to originate at my brow or forehead and then they travel away from me. One after another. I think it could be thought forms, or possibly just energy. If I focus I can change the color and then I direct it to others for healing, even at long distances. It is something I am learning, it is amazing!

And I agree it is not just light receptors, because I often meditate in darkness, and once they start I can see them with my eyes open too!

Here you are again, cMarie! For me the "thoughtforms" are different from the orbs. But I have noted that they move clockwise when the energy is moving out and counterclockwise if energy is moving in to me. There is a Universal spiritual "law" describing this--the name of which I forget. Since then I've been observing that it seems true for me.

Lora

P.S. I looked it up. It's called "torsion energy". It came up regarding this "device"--but the ideas were interesting to me. At the time I posted this:

"For instance, this captures "torsion energy"--which can be explained as a vortex with both a clockwise and counterclockwise spin. I had a dream about a vortex just recently (that I posted). I realized torsion energy is the basis of the Merkahbah, that form made of two oppositely spinning pyramids. Supposedly if you can get your own body energy to spin like that--simultaneously in different directions, you can time travel --with your body, not just consciousness. (I didn't get that far but it was kind of trippy to try it.)

The vortex idea made me realize that when I see what I call "thought forms" circling out of my third eye, they are going clockwise. And at that time I am either having too many thoughts, or there is too much energy in my head. I often see the too-much-energy clouds as red or orange (high energy). I don't recall ever seeing thing coming counterclockwise IN though.

All those Gridpower videos have so much information in them--just packed. Talking about the energy spirals out of pyramids, out of obelisks, domes. It makes me want to experiment with making them --like a mini pyramid with the right proportions. But I don't know if the obelisk goes inside or outside, but I have this small bronze one my parents got in Egypt when they were young. I've tried holding it before to see if I can get any psychometic stuff from it. But now I'd like to incorporate it for little mini-experiments on forms."

*I was referring to youtube videos on Gridpower, I think. I forget what they were really. Just a side, side-note!