Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Lucid Dreaming (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   How come?? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28230)

Lindsay_1177 01-01-2012 06:53 AM

How come??

when i was about 10-16 or 17 I use to Lucid dream ALL the time. Atleast 3-4 times a week. Now I no longer do. Do you think if I try again it will come a little quicker then some one who has never Lucid dreamed before. Why did it stop?

lucidcreator 02-01-2012 07:53 AM

Hi Linds

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsay_1177
when i was about 10-16 or 17 I use to Lucid dream ALL the time. Atleast 3-4 times a week. Now I no longer do. Do you think if I try again it will come a little quicker then some one who has never Lucid dreamed before. Why did it stop?

My earliest recollection of lucid dreaming was in the 2nd grade. I so looked forward to my dream state that I would actually go to bed early (my parents must have thought that a bit odd for such a precocious child).

With no warning or understanding, the dreaming stopped. I still don't know why it stopped, and there's a good chance you will never know exactly why yours stopped. The subtle art of lucid dreaming can be disrupted by the most benign shift in your routine or situation. Diet, a major change, bad break-up, puberty, any of these things can affect lucid dreaming.

Years later, after getting back into astral projection and lucid dreaming (both of which I was doing as a child and didn't know it), I began to realize that lucid dreaming can begin again just as subtly as it ended... just give it a nudge.

Some tips... I would encourage you to start journaling if you want to lucid dream again. Keep a pad next to your bedside.. When you first wake up, DONT MOVE.

I repeat.. when you first wake up, keep your eyes closed (or close them immediately), don't move your body, if possible, and calmly and mentally recall any and all details of the dreams you had during the night. If you have a spouse or children, and they are prone to interrupt your morning wake up routine, this might be a challenge. Do the best you can. Otherwise, as you are writing, you will forget details. If you can replay as much as possible while still lying down with your eyes closed, you will be surprised how much you retain.. then put it all on paper.

Before going to bed, tell yourself that you plan to lucid dream. Go to sleep with the intention of doing it.. and you will eventually.

I hope this helps. :)

Peace and :hug3:

Lucid

ScientificHippy 18-01-2012 04:56 AM

I agree with Lucidcreator, it is all about training your mind again. Another idea is to have a Dictaphone by your bed so that you don't even have to open your eyes. Just start talking about the dream while still with your eyes closed. The fact that you could do it before shows that it is possible for you, it's just a matter of practicing and teaching your mind to down load it again.
Another thing to do is just before bed, focus and concentrate saying "I will remember my lucid dream". Making it a focus point for your mind.

All these little things can help. Good luck!

Namaste :-)

embrace 04-04-2012 04:36 AM

This also happened to me - I'd love to know why. I used to have lots of LD as a child...Now I need to work hard for them :)

Lindsay_1177 04-04-2012 10:01 PM

Im not a huge fan on Lucid dreaming as I like my dreams to be a surprise lol but I would still like to know why it just stopped.

I was also Clairvoyance all my life not knowing what it was. I turned it off cause it kinda scared me. Now knowing what it was that I was hearing for like 25 years, I cant get it back!! Grrrr I keep trying but its not coming.