Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Everyone eats (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=71727)

somnium 16-07-2014 04:06 AM

Everyone eats

So A long time ago I was in university, and I left when I discovered some secrets about reality, great secrets that are hidden and kept form most. Anyways I denounced money and went on a spiritual quest. I had faith in God and the goodness of mankind and relied solely on this faith. When i was hungry or needed something I would ask for help, or knock on the closest door and ask for some food to eat. i was never rejected once that I can remember. Now i often went to the food banks too, and found that they only give you so much because they only have so much to give. Sadly not everyone goes out of there way to donate food goods despite the need that is there, however when I go door to door collecting food goods people are quite generous. And so now in my life I do not work and my needs are taken care of for the most part. The few indulgences I have are also met and that is all i need really, and so I have a lot of time on my hands. i can think of nothing greater to spend my free time then to create a new charity called 'Everyone eats'. I plan to go door to door and collect as much food as I can to then give to the food banks and the soup kitchens. I am making fliers as well for donations eventually, and get the word around to special programs about this charity so other people can also donate their time to help out in this cause. There is much to consider and plan and I have just started but I am excited to be able to do something great for the world. A step in the right direction without any monetary gain on my part. Everything I get will go to charity or advancing my cause. I hope eventually to start this charity as a nation wide program.

So yeah any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Gem 16-07-2014 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somnium
So A long time ago I was in university, and I left when I discovered some secrets about reality, great secrets that are hidden and kept form most. Anyways I denounced money and went on a spiritual quest. I had faith in God and the goodness of mankind and relied solely on this faith. When i was hungry or needed something I would ask for help, or knock on the closest door and ask for some food to eat. i was never rejected once that I can remember. Now i often went to the food banks too, and found that they only give you so much because they only have so much to give. Sadly not everyone goes out of there way to donate food goods despite the need that is there, however when I go door to door collecting food goods people are quite generous. And so now in my life I do not work and my needs are taken care of for the most part. The few indulgences I have are also met and that is all i need really, and so I have a lot of time on my hands. i can think of nothing greater to spend my free time then to create a new charity called 'Everyone eats'. I plan to go door to door and collect as much food as I can to then give to the food banks and the soup kitchens. I am making fliers as well for donations eventually, and get the word around to special programs about this charity so other people can also donate their time to help out in this cause. There is much to consider and plan and I have just started but I am excited to be able to do something great for the world. A step in the right direction without any monetary gain on my part. Everything I get will go to charity or advancing my cause. I hope eventually to start this charity as a nation wide program.

Awesome!!!

silent whisper 16-07-2014 05:47 AM

Quote:

Now there is the meaning of spirituality....*applauds*

RedEmbers 16-07-2014 06:20 AM

Somnium..
I think you're pretty cool by the sounds of it.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us :D

I know that people often can feel very powerless about the struggling of others in the world and feel that there isn't much we can do as individuals but your story here outlined that we do have power to take even small actions :D

Faith33 16-07-2014 06:45 AM

Congratulations on your cause, somnium...we need more people like yourself in this world.

Your experience hit home.

God-Like 16-07-2014 07:24 AM

Quote:

Good for you .. Good for all :smile:

x daz x

knightofalbion 16-07-2014 08:35 AM

Bravo!

Respect to you...

True faith is a living faith i.e. animated by love, Service and humanity

Lorelyen 16-07-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

i can think of nothing greater to spend my free time then to create a new charity called 'Everyone eats'. I plan to go door to door and collect as much food as I can to then give to the food banks and the soup kitchens. I am making fliers as well for donations eventually, and get the word around to special programs about this charity so other people can also donate their time to help out in this cause. There is much to consider and plan and I have just started but I am excited to be able to do something great for the world. A step in the right direction without any monetary gain on my part. Everything I get will go to charity or advancing my cause. I hope eventually to start this charity as a nation wide program.

Nothing I can really add. I live in a fairly snooty part of the UK where callers aren't appreciated but I do my stint for the local foodbank in the foyers of various supermarkets in the vicinity, usually of a Saturday and a good few people buy extra specifically to donate on their way out. I sometimes volunteer in the foodbank too, not to mention one gets involved with more direct help, like cooking, small home maintenance jobs and so on.

Ecthalion 16-07-2014 03:08 PM

Somnium, you are an example to us all. You have my deepest respect.

elisi 16-07-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

that is so cool. if you can somehow get yourself and your mission on you tube, it will exlode.

when i was a letter carrier, once a year, we would collect food from our patrons and it was tons nationwide. but food banks still run dry. yes, if everyone gave just a little, we could feed the hungry.