Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Angels & Guides (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Trouble working with guides (projection, anger towards them) (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=118062)

astrologerbrian 01-11-2017 04:13 AM

Trouble working with guides (projection, anger towards them)

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone else has ever experienced a challenging relational dynamic with their spirit guides?

I sadly often find myself quite angry at them and disheartened by our relationship.

One thing I struggle with is sometimes I will get messages about how I spend a lot of time worrying or stressing out (not remembering the exact wording right now). I find this extremely aggravating as I am fully aware of this issue, but they don't really offer much advice on what to do about it.

So sometimes I'll just say I don't even want to hear form them or receive any help. I think about how Doreen Virtue and others say you have to ask your angels (I used to call my guides angels but don't anymore - long story) for help.

Well, for me that is not the case at all and I get messages whether I want them or not. This to me feels very sad and like a violation of my boundaries.

But the guides don't adjust of course, or explain why they say certain things, or even how I can improve their relationship with them.

So I end up feeling like there is this terrible imbalance of power where I am very affected by them but they not the slightest by me.

This all ties in with a lot of issues from my life of others (mom, former therapist) more or less wanting me to be/behave as they wished and it wasn't really about me being myself at all. So I have a lot of projections/stored up feelings about that that come into play working with guides.

I post all this cause really want to know if others experience this and am hoping maybe for some insights. It makes me angry to think someone like Doreen Virtue doesn't mention any of this type of stuff at all, just makes it all seem like everything will be great with your guides. Definitely not my experience. :-/

thanks.

John32241 01-11-2017 08:10 AM

Hello,

It sure can be frustrating dealing with spiritual guidance which does not seem to understand your circumstances. When you do spend a lot of time worrying you are indeed out alignment with your best potentials. Those messages you get about this are intended to be helpful. Have you ever considered that they are and reflected on ways to get around this obsession with life's concerns?

In my view, human life is a mind game. How we focus our attention will attract energies which support that focus. So once you set your mind and heart on misery, that is what you will get. It takes great effort to shift your attention and your reflective habits away from life's negatives and more towards your blessings. You can improve your relationship with your guides by seeing them as a blessing. If you do then your guides will sense that energy from you. Then proceed to ask what I call useful questions. Those being what you need to do to improve your outlook on life.

Now if you choose to stay angry, the guidance you get will not be useful. You may even be conversing with some darker aspects of your self. If you want to receive high vibrational wisdom, you need to first use that when you seek those insights. Be wise and circumspect as you examine the information you are bringing in. Discern from their content if that material has integraty.

You may or may not resonate with my thinking on these things. I hope I have need helpful.

John

SaturninePluto 01-11-2017 12:54 PM

astrologerbrian,

I will be honest with you here, this doesn't sound like the type of spirit guide we all hear and read about. There is some reading material I have found more useful than some, if I can find it here while writing I will post a link for you, you may not find it helpful, but realize I post it only in hopes of helping.

What I think is truly going on here by the way this advice that is giving to you sounds- You worry too much. This does not sound like advice from a spirit guide here, this sounds like the comments of your logical mind, your own internal dialogue.

I deal with this as well. I get- "You're not very patient are you"? I answer "No. Why should I be"? Or "Why should I have patience for swine like this"? And on and on throughout the days and nights. This sounds like your own internal critic. But relax please would you? We all have this. It doesn't make you crazy. I suspect it is indeed your own internal dialogue/ logical mind as well due to you have said- you are not even asking this guidance anything!! It offers it up quite willingly it sounds, almost as if it is interrupting you throughout your day. There really is nothing to worry about, or to be angry about you see? It is your own internal dialogue. You are not angry with a spirit guide, you are angry with your own mental chatter. And do not feel bad or upset about it- because you shouldn't. My own chatter angers the heck out of me often as well.

Though you may not find this helpful, I ask you try and relax. You are thinking I believe about guides too much here. Spend some time enjoying silence. Do something you enjoy doing, truly. And forget about guide communication for now. It doesn't need to be forever. But, give yourself a break. I believe you are being too hard on yourself. That's all. Try to enjoy learning about guides, and realize too if you don't enjoy it, and want to give it up or put it on the back burner that is alright too. No one is going to blame you for it.

Go easy on yourself. :smile:

Let me look for that link I was speaking of for you, maybe it will help.

https://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/200...spirit-guides/

Shinsoo 13-11-2017 02:06 AM

All the time. They’re pushy.

Mostly it’s due to my severe disconnection from my soul. They follow its will—not the ego’s and the ego’s predominantly how I live. They’re constantly doing things, even if it scares or hurts me, to try and get me to follow my soul’s path.

Perhaps you too might feel disconnected from your soul’s desires?

So for the most part now I ignore them. And I’m saner for it. My advice is to tune them out if they seem to be pushing you too fast or too painfully for your liking.

jenriggs 14-11-2017 10:46 PM

Read this for your answer:

http://staciespielman.com/SpiritGuides.html

RobinoftheMoor 19-11-2017 06:28 PM

Another view

What is the purpose of a Guide other than teaching one how to function? With this help, we develop our own set of observations and (we believe) laws about how things operate. At some point, we must take the training wheels off and test those things. It may be possible that Guides are intentionally staying in the background while you do this.
There is no "crash and burn" scenario in that there is no "right" or "wrong". There are only the emotional states, which are our indicators of whether we are on the "right path" or not....feeling bad today--maybe you've taken a wrong turn somewhere--feeling great?....maybe you've taken a cosmically great turn.
Using the dictum that "whenever one is ready for a teacher, one will appear"...someone in this existence may appear to you, or something from the other side may communicate to you if you are going to a negative extreme...and the same may happen when you are ready to move on to another higher level.
A side observation to this is: This is VERY complicated, and we must be careful about what filters we use to receive (or not) these things, and what interpretations we put on them. Let joy be your guide in this; although the body we are in now dies, or spirits do not, so we've got plenty of opportunities to learn.

Peace be with you,
Rob