Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Wicca (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Born a Witch (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17269)

windwhistle 10-06-2011 01:48 PM

Born a Witch

That's right. I was born a witch. Take away the Wicca religion, the Wiccan mythology, the spiritual training, the entire journey of my life...and what do you have...A Witch.

Witches are not made. Real witches are drawn to Wicca because it is a place that resonates with them...although not always entirely as there is a lot of myth to Wicca.

Real witches try many different spiritual paths...always seeking Truth for the knowing that is already inside of them.

I do not believe witches are made. Either you are or you aren't and no amount of learning will make you one if you aren't. You can call yourself a Priestess but that is just a title and of the ego. The witch's journey is an inward one and often lonely. It is shamanistic...it is not ordinary. Witch's are truly different...they hear colors, feel sounds and intuit what is truly going on. The trick for the witch is to be in the world...though she is never of it.

LightFilledHeart 10-06-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windwhistle
That's right. I was born a witch. Take away the Wicca religion, the Wiccan mythology, the spiritual training, the entire journey of my life...and what do you have...A Witch.

Witches are not made. Real witches are drawn to Wicca because it is a place that resonates with them...although not always entirely as there is a lot of myth to Wicca.

Real witches try many different spiritual paths...always seeking Truth for the knowing that is already inside of them.

I do not believe witches are made. Either you are or you aren't and no amount of learning will make you one if you aren't. You can call yourself a Priestess but that is just a title and of the ego. The witch's journey is an inward one and often lonely. It is shamanistic...it is not ordinary. Witch's are truly different...they hear colors, feel sounds and intuit what is truly going on. The trick for the witch is to be in the world...though she is never of it.

Well said! Even the term "Witch" is just a label used to describe a certain kind of individual... one is is immensely sensitive and empathic and very attuned to the spirit realms.

windwhistle 10-06-2011 02:50 PM

Yes LightFilledHeart. Yes.

norseman 10-06-2011 02:52 PM

Forget "witch", go back to the original Wise Folk. Forget "Magic" and go back to Craft of the Wise.
"an inward one and often lonely" - my journey has been 35+ years so far.

windwhistle 10-06-2011 07:00 PM

Witch, magic, craft, wise.....words. Forget words and go back to pure essence.

norseman 10-06-2011 07:19 PM

Exactly ! The old ways are still as active as they ever were. All the knowledge is still in the Earth, waiting for those who seek it. :smile:

Squatchit 10-06-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windwhistle
Witch, magic, craft, wise.....words. Forget words and go back to pure essence.

Forget words, then you are just you. Why all the witch words?

windwhistle 10-06-2011 08:31 PM

Does the witch word frighten you? Read up on the very word...do a little digging and you will be surprised at just what a witch is...could be You even!
I like the word witch! I like words. I also like no words but not today. Today words are a fun creative treasure!

...however I am now a sleepy witch and quite possibly a soon to be very SILLY sleepy witch... so off for a nap by candlelight...zzzzzzzz

windwhistle 10-06-2011 09:20 PM

Yes Norseman the knowledge is in the earth and is there for all who seek it. Beautiful, true words. Do I detect a kindred spirit in you?!!!

Internal Queries 10-06-2011 09:48 PM

i read a cute Pagan maxim that went like this ...

"All women are witches. Men have to work at it" :wink: