Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   let me know what you think (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33250)

LeanBrahman1 01-04-2012 09:06 PM

let me know what you think

"Every minute you focus on the ugly in life you forget about the beauty of it." Me

amy green 01-04-2012 09:37 PM

To this I would add/modify it as:-

"Every minute you focus on the ugly in life, you will find more of the same to follow", i.e. it's the law of attraction. Simple. True.

There's a lot to be said for cultivating a positive mind! The quality of life improves, becomes more vibrant and more magical.
It's our choice, totally!! I wish more people would realise this - to me it's obvious.

LeanBrahman1 02-04-2012 12:06 AM

I agree with that and i like it. Thats y i try and focus on the positive because if we focus on the negative then it will follow us around like a black cloud on a rainy day. I wish more people would relise that too but not everyone is willing to change in order to better themselves. And it is very sad that its like that but people have to learn the hard way i guess.

Henri77 03-04-2012 07:09 AM

ABSOLUTELY......
I about never.... watch tv news, horror movies, read newspapers.
You are what you think not what you eat.

Lately i've become even more careful what I watch, read, think. As the worlds insanity rises. (at least in the news)

One's mental diet is far more important than being a vegetarian. IMO

ribiq 03-04-2012 07:16 AM

Yeah it's too bad when you see people who honestly expect that even while they are treating themselves like ****, something spectacular is supposed to come along and wipe away all the negativity.

Positivity is the only way to fly.

Mountain-Goat 03-04-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeanBrahman1
"Every minute you focus on the ugly in life you forget about the beauty of it." Me

Focusing on the ugly is a choice.
Focusing on the beauty is a choice.
Forgetting is also a choice.
Focusing on one thing does not automatically cause one to forget other things.
One choose what they focus on, and one chooses what not to focus on.
One can focus on bother the ugly and the beauty(not at the same time of course..unless you are an alien) without forgetting either of them.

Shabby 03-04-2012 07:57 PM

I would say: "Every minute you focus on the ugly in life, you lost a minute of seeing the beauty of it." Me too : )

knightofalbion 04-04-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy green
To this I would add/modify it as:-

"Every minute you focus on the ugly in life, you will find more of the same to follow", i.e. it's the law of attraction. Simple. True.

There's a lot to be said for cultivating a positive mind! The quality of life improves, becomes more vibrant and more magical.
It's our choice, totally!! I wish more people would realise this - to me it's obvious.

Wise words, dear Amy.

When you see beautiful things and read beautiful words, the soul comes alive, you feel inspired, you want to be beautiful (in the spiritual sense) and do beautiful things...

knightofalbion 04-04-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henri77
ABSOLUTELY......
I about never.... watch tv news, horror movies, read newspapers.
You are what you think not what you eat.

Lately i've become even more careful what I watch, read, think. As the worlds insanity rises. (at least in the news)

One's mental diet is far more important than being a vegetarian. IMO

Thinking about beauty creates beauty which impacts on your daily life. You become more compassionate and loving. So I would say it is incorrect to say one is more important than another, but rather one acts as a catalyst for the other and that in turn acts as a catalyst for further soul growth.