Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Forum Help (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Server too busy (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116467)

Novas 01-10-2017 06:13 PM

Take care Lynn, I hope you feel better soon

Silver 01-10-2017 07:56 PM

Last couple of days, this problem caused such headaches!
Twice, I was typing longish posts, when I went to post them, got the 'server too busy' and lost it all because it's been so long that I've had to save what I'm typing (and I forgot how to save as I'm typing - some sites do that for you automatically). That was rough! I look forward to the improvements.

dream jo 01-10-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver
Last couple of days, this problem caused such headaches!
Twice, I was typing longish posts, when I went to post them, got the 'server too busy' and lost it all because it's been so long that I've had to save what I'm typing (and I forgot how to save as I'm typing - some sites do that for you automatically). That was rough! I look forward to the improvements.

me 2 or pastin im getin servr bizu bizy i am so i wait baot 2 or 5mins im still getin it i am
or i go 2 advns i still hav 2 wate id o
it 1st i thrt it wz my falt i did but ohtrs hav probs 2 coz of it
i try 2 prev u bef i pots i still get serv bizy lk u sum tims i lzoe it thn i fogt owt of i hav typt i do iv not fond my mik on ths 1 or nartr wish hlps me on ths hp lt not lk my batd 1 dnw stirs wear cats hav nokt ovr bena watr logd dnt evn no hw its still stdnin be honst i dnt
but serv is drivn me nuts a bit sorry 2 say it 1st i trht i did sothng wong i did thn now i fond othrs hav simler prob i do
sorry 2 go on

Tobi 02-10-2017 11:09 PM

It's so frustrating when you have opened your heart and typed a post or something and then it gets wiped by some technical glitch!

I almost always now write on notepad first, so if my internet goes down (happens regularly!) or some other glitch happens, I haven't lost it

dream jo 03-10-2017 02:29 PM

plsd its not my falt faolt i am

Clover 05-10-2017 02:12 PM

Something we noticed as well is that the disconnection of the server can cause people with a slow connection to make double/ triple posts and threads. Especially if your on a mobile device.

If you have not so great internet chances, the greater chances of being bumped out. Sorry. Lynn is trying very hard to work with the owners of the sight, they are not the easiest to get in touch with,

Cloves

Chrysalis 05-10-2017 06:34 PM

Thanks for the update, Clover

dream jo 05-10-2017 08:24 PM

i no my wififs bean weid i no i need 2 get a new 1 i do

SaturninePluto 10-10-2017 02:37 AM

Yes I have noticed this to be happening.

For quite awhile now I have gotten used to hitting Ctrl on the keyboard and c to copy if I write up a post before hitting submit in case something happens. If the server becomes busy or the internet has a bit of trouble- LibreOffice it is then, I save it there for later posting.

It is difficult for someone who feels they can not speak with people- I am often mis-understood- taken out of context- my words- or outright told to shut up, to have the message-server too busy. My response- I feel like I am not able/allowed to speak-communicate- then copy, paste, save for later date.

But if anything I feel we are getting a lesson in patience and understanding.

Dreamjo- It is not your fault honey, :). It really isn't anyones.

Lynn, please recover quickly in good health, love, and joy. Be well.

Lynn 10-10-2017 04:53 AM

Hello

The issues should be behind us very soon, we have had an upgrade done and we are putting the finishing on it now.

This should make the site run smoothly without a huge change in the look of what was created.

I know its not easy but we have to remember that we are working in the dark at times as Matt is not with us to tell us how things were set up.

Its amazing we are still here so that is a blessing on a blessing.

Lynn
SF Admin