Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   To who/m or what does ... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=124557)

Roger Wilco 17-08-2018 07:42 AM

Hi my experience is that the souls in incarnated form seems to exist
out of 3 parts that are distinctly different ,
The male side uses language and more the female side differs again
the High self that has again very different properties and could seen
as not incarnated .
now to separate an Ego from one of these and place values on that you claim
to be negative in certain ways is a thing you can do and make real

though it seems to me the goal to unite them and be one is also there

I see this tread is perhaps more about having a discussion But why not post some thing in it :-)

Joe Mc 17-08-2018 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God-Like
There is talk about I AM this and not that, there is talk about I AM the observer but I AM not the doer .

This could go on and on in this respect, I AM not the thinker of I AM the observer and not the doer lol .

What I can gather in such instances is that there is the comparison had between what you are beyond doing and what you are that does .

Things just don't get done by themselves, there has to be a doer of such things .

Peeps can say, Mr Dazzle it's the ego that does and the ego is illusory so it's not the real I AM that does anything ..

In that same vein one would have to understand and know the ego, but how is the ego separate from what you are ..

The ego doesn't exist on it's own merit, the ego is what you think you are ..

There has to be what you are 'doing' regardless of what you think you are ..

This is borderline mirroring another thread of mine that reflects integration and renouncing .

I AM integrating what I AM as the observer and I AM renouncing what I AM that washes the dishes .

To say there is no doer as explained in a post just made to Starman makes no sense ..

So I put the question/s out there .. is there 'doing' that just happens, Is there no-doer at all, is there a different I AM the that which observers to the I AM that thinks ...

and to the I AM that thinks about I AM the doer or not ..

x daz x

Going back to the original post if I may. The Stronger the sense of I, the less efficacious these pointers are, the doer, the observer, the ego, etc.etc. I mean they don't point to anything except to contradiction and to their Linguistic corollaries or binaries...Doer-observer etc. Just a thought I had in response to the original post.

Another thought i had was how disbelieving we are that we can imagine ourselves out of this dream. No that's cheating isn't it ? How can you imagine yourself out of anything ? But it seems that we are not able to handle that power and yet it is the simplest of things, to be able to recreate your freedom? But that is too easy, too simple, we want complication especially in terms of language etc. if its not complicated then how could it be true ? This type of thinking is going on too with us humans ? Goes without saying that complication is a marvelous thing too, looking inside a car engine or computer or whatever is an awesome experience. So complexity is not a bad thing. hmmm food for thought. lol

God-Like 17-08-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Going back to the original post if I may. The Stronger the sense of I, the less efficacious these pointers are, the doer, the observer, the ego, etc.etc. I mean they don't point to anything except to contradiction and to their Linguistic corollaries or binaries...Doer-observer etc. Just a thought I had in response to the original post.

Another thought i had was how disbelieving we are that we can imagine ourselves out of this dream. No that's cheating isn't it ? How can you imagine yourself out of anything ? But it seems that we are not able to handle that power and yet it is the simplest of things, to be able to recreate your freedom? But that is too easy, too simple, we want complication especially in terms of language etc. if its not complicated then how could it be true ? This type of thinking is going on too with us humans ? Goes without saying that complication is a marvelous thing too, looking inside a car engine or computer or whatever is an awesome experience. So complexity is not a bad thing. hmmm food for thought. lol

I think the strength of one's own sense of I AM does reflect on everything else . The important aspect in my eyes is that the sense of oneself is key no matter how strong that sense is or not ...

We could say that there are those that have a sense of themselves hanging by a thread and are in touching distance of transcending beyond themselves .

Either way this doesn't nullify that this sense relates to what you are that is present as the doer .

The funny thing is that this same sense of oneself that thinks they are not the doer are having the thoughts of not being the doer .

This is what I was trying to understand and converse with starman about .

If you are not the doer, one cannot be the thinker of that .

The doer is the thinker and is the observer .

One can't prise apart one from the other .

Tis the same self that does, thinks and observes .

x daz x

Shivani Devi 17-08-2018 08:34 AM

Quote:

I know about the heart and I know about the mind and I know about yoga .

I don't need to read stuff from the Hindu forum thanks for the advice tho :D

I don't understand why a non dual master peep wants / desires sex? if you don't answer why then I am none the wiser ..

Just trying to make sense of what doesn't make sense ..

No worries if you don't want to explain

x daz x

It is the same part that gets angry if another disagrees with them....but I don't have your problem.

When I wrote about physical relationships, I was pretty much wasted on weed and whiskey, so I doubt I was controlling my ego very well under those circumstances...However, I am back to "normal" now...and that means those things won't even be thought about, let alone mentioned...get it?

So, what do you hope to achieve by trying to convince others there is a "doer"? For them to say "God blimey, you are RIGHT and I fully agree with you"...then go off SF and say to themselves "I hope he is happy hearing what he wanted to, because I still have my own personal truth" and yet, if we agree to disagree and say no more about it, we are "avoiding the issue".

However, you can see that I HAVE made those threads you have ridiculed me for NOT making, but since they are in a forum that you do not wish to visit, that doesn't count...to YOU.

I can lead any member of this forum into Samadhi if they are OPEN to it...but I am still trying to find such a candidate.

God-Like 17-08-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
It is the same part that gets angry if another disagrees with them....but I don't have your problem.

When I wrote about physical relationships, I was pretty much wasted on weed and whiskey, so I doubt I was controlling my ego very well under those circumstances...However, I am back to "normal" now...and that means those things won't even be thought about, let alone mentioned...get it?

So, what do you hope to achieve by trying to convince others there is a "doer"? For them to say "God blimey, you are RIGHT and I fully agree with you"...then go off SF and say to themselves "I hope he is happy hearing what he wanted to, because I still have my own personal truth" and yet, if we agree to disagree and say no more about it, we are "avoiding the issue".

However, you can see that I HAVE made those threads you have ridiculed me for NOT making, but since they are in a forum that you do not wish to visit, that doesn't count...to YOU.

I can lead any member of this forum into Samadhi if they are OPEN to it...but I am still trying to find such a candidate.

Yes, this is the same part that wants sex, whiskey and gets angry .. None of these actions / desires / needs are non dual in nature ..

You have already touched upon nirvana and the sense of doership being absent ..

I am not sure why peeps would try and deny their doership when they are drinking whiskey or typing out replies on the forums .

I am not trying to convince you about YOU being the doer, it really is self evident, there is no-one else drinking whiskey for you is there?

Who/m or what else is there that could be present other than YOU?

The whiskey bottle doesn't pour itself does it .

I don't know why peeps distance themselves from themselves it has to be a mixture of denial and confusion ..

Like said previously who/m or what is the doer, the thinker the observer ..

The doer is not the act of doing the doer is your own sense of self doing .

If you say you are not the doer but you are the observer for examples sake then how can you prise apart that which thinks to that which observes ..

In regards to a post you made about the Bhagavad-Gita, your welcome to draw my attention to it again, I am happy to answer any questions .

For the record I have not ridiculed you for not answering my questions . I have simply pointed out the fact .

How can I understand what you mean if you don't explain yourself?

x daz x

Shivani Devi 17-08-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

The intellectual path I am following is a path where I have opened a thread about who/m or what is the doer .

Can you open a post or start a thread from the heart only? from beyond the mind?

The answer is a big fat juicy No ..

Who/m or what is the doer - doing is not necessarily reflecting separation but quite obviously the very fact that the question is presented reflects duality .

We are in experience of the physical aspect of self / mind there really is no need to compare this experience with beyond duality .

There is no you beyond but there is a you here and now .

Things go pear shaped pretty quickly like it did with starman when there is the idea that there is no you that is doing .

As explained YOU have said YOU are not ME so you are already in a mindful environment that reflects duality and intellect .

It is futile for peeps to suggest that right here and right now they are beyond that .

Wherever there is a sense of oneself there is a doer, what can happen is the sense of oneself changes ..

One minute there is the sense that I AM the person only the next there is the sense that you are much more than that .

A non dual state of Brahman reflects a peep that wants sex?

In a non dual state of Brahman does that peep see their partner as their partner or do they see themselves?

Are they desiring sex with themselves?

Desire is dual in nature ..

Doesn't make sense .

x daz x

I bought a T-shirt yesterday and it said: "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you". I thought it very apt to apply to my life.

Now, of course language needs to get involved in any attempt to describe an experience into words and for that, or even to post on here, cognitive faculties are required or we would all be comatose.

It is also what delineates individual consciousness from a collective consciousness or a superconsciousness...but I will leave that for later because my ego is attached to some severe shoulder pain right now and I can't think clearly anyway.

God-Like 17-08-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I bought a T-shirt yesterday and it said: "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you". I thought it very apt to apply to my life.

Now, of course language needs to get involved in any attempt to describe an experience into words and for that, or even to post on here, cognitive faculties are required or we would all be comatose.

It is also what delineates individual consciousness from a collective consciousness or a superconsciousness...but I will leave that for later because my ego is attached to some severe shoulder pain right now and I can't think clearly anyway.

What I find interesting is that one can find words to say there is no doer or there is a state of non duality attained with the desire for sex and yet one can't find the words to explain how or why?

Take care of your shoulder and perhaps we will speak again at a later date ..

x dazzle x

muffin 17-08-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

In these instances one would have to have all the facts at hand and know one's self potential to multitask . My understanding is that if the spirit has left the body and is astral bound temporarily while washing the dishes, the physical body will not continue to function in such a way . Therefore if there is the actual washing of the dishes continuing you are still the doer .

x daz x

Good afternoon Daz

What if they are not astral bound and they just stepped out of the body while walking. What do you think would happen to the body then, stop or carry on ?

God-Like 17-08-2018 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon Daz

What if they are not astral bound and they just stepped out of the body while walking. What do you think would happen to the body then, stop or carry on ?

Hi Mr Muffin ..

In my experience / understanding when the spirit leaves the body (not physical death) the body maintains itself in the same way a ship continues to function without it's captain at the helm .

There however requires the captain to navigate / change direction and to perform specific tasks .

Our physical body doesn't know how to wash dishes when the spirit has left the body .

The cells in our body don't know the difference between washing and drying lol .

What is apparent however is that there are many levels within being self aware .

I would say as an example it is possible to have your attention elsewhere while washing the dishes continues .

One might for a moment not remember one was washing the dishes ..

My reason for bringing this aspect to the fore was in relation to another's question ..

There is always a doer while of the mind doing .. otherwise nuffin would get done .

x dazzle x

Shivani Devi 17-08-2018 02:51 PM

"Not that which the eye can see, but that whereby the eye can see: know that to be Brahman the eternal and not what (most) people here adore.
Not that which the ear can hear, but that whereby the ear can hear: know that to be Brahman the eternal and not what (most) people here adore.
Not that which speech can illuminate, but that by whereby speech can be illuminated: know that to be Brahman the eternal and not what (most) people here adore.
Not that which the mind can think, but that whereby the mind can think: know that to be Brahman the eternal and not what (most) people here adore". - The Kenopanishad