Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Uprising (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24625)

Deusdrum 28-10-2011 03:05 PM

Uprising

I like to make connections with this word to different things that may have some common thread of symbolic meaning between them.

Uprising, as in the people against an oppressive government.
Uprising, as in the Sun in the morning, and people after waking up from sleep.
Uprising, as in Christ in the ressurrection, or the Phoenix from the ashes.
Uprising, as in kundalini energy, or flames & smoke from a forest fire.
Uprising, as in lava from a volcano searching to escape beneath the surface to re-establish a state of natural equilibrium or whatever.
Smoke rises. High rises. The hair on the back of your neck rises. Sea level rises. You rise through the ranks. You rise to power. All rise in court when the judge enters, or to pay respects to someone, or before the national anthem. Something rises in your awareness. Guys have their member 'rise'/become erect when sexually aroused. Plants rise from the ground towards the sun. Rise to the heavens. The ho-riz-on. To give rise to, to get a rise out of.

Word origin from Dictionary.com - riseO.E. risan (usually arisan; class I strong verb; past tense ras, pp. risen), from P.Gmc. *us-risanan "to go up" (cf. O.N. risa, Goth. urreisan "to rise," O.H.G. risan "to rise, flow," Ger. reisen "to travel," originally "to rise for a journey"). Related to raise (q.v.). The noun meaning "upward movement"

I'm not sure what i'm asking, or getting at. Just wondering what anyone's thoughts are on this, the Spiritual connotations or whathaveyou. It is interesting also that God is 'on high' and the heavens are above us, etc. rising through dimensions, the 'ascension' of the new age folk, all that. How important is this concept or rising? of upwards movement? The natural cycles etc.

Silver 28-10-2011 03:11 PM

Is it any wonder that in ancient days they had Sun Gods. Everything has the seeming innate ambition to move upwards, towards the sun, sky and the heavens. And when we die, so many of us imagine that whatever vestige ~ that invisible part of one's essence goes upwards, to who knows where. All this, in spite of the existence of 'gravity'. It is interesting~*

Deusdrum 28-10-2011 03:30 PM

..... Surprise!

Silver 28-10-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deusdrum
..... Surprise!

...Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet ~ but what was that for?! *shrug* for fun?
:tongue: :D

Deusdrum 28-10-2011 05:34 PM

no reason, just that it has -rise in the end of the word. I'm just brainstorming and drawing any connection that comes to mind.

Silver 28-10-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deusdrum
no reason, just that it has -rise in the end of the word. I'm just brainstorming and drawing any connection that comes to mind.

Oh! you should've hyphenated it ~ That was funny!:tongue: :D

Deusdrum 28-10-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Is it any wonder that in ancient days they had Sun Gods. Everything has the seeming innate ambition to move upwards, towards the sun, sky and the heavens. And when we die, so many of us imagine that whatever vestige ~ that invisible part of one's essence goes upwards, to who knows where. All this, in spite of the existence of 'gravity'. It is interesting~*

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense that the Sun was so worshipped. Some tribe, i can't remember which, i remember this from reading Jung i think, would breath into their hand at the first sight of dawn and then offer their breath to the sun as a morning prayer/ritual king of thing. Alot of the mythology was based around the Sun as the hero, night as the enemy kind of thing, Osiris & Set, for example, so far as i have understood it.

Rise to the occasion. Enterprise.

Humm 28-10-2011 07:35 PM

Ch-rise-t

:confused:

:tongue:

Silver 28-10-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humm
Ch-rise-t

:confused:

:tongue:

Oh, you're sharp!