Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Crystals & Gemstones (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   does size matter? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28194)

sups 31-12-2011 03:06 PM

does size matter?

Does the size/quantity of th e crystal enhance the vibrations or the effect of the crystal?
I own a little wrist band having a few tiny little moonstones. I love moonstones and was wondering if i could wear it during meditations since i is supposed to enhance spiritual connections...ut the question is it is very tiny and secondly has been polished into beads.
thanks
sups

vicky3619 31-12-2011 03:26 PM

I was asking me the same question, because ( I hope) I will soon buy a moonstone and was wondering if the size of the crystal affect the effect of the crystal.

Miss Hepburn 31-12-2011 03:31 PM

It depends - a small rose quartz crystal as a necklace is very powerful.

However, try being tipsy or full-on drunk with the room spinning
and hold a small smokey quartz.

Then, hold a 4-5 pound smokey quartz ---you'd see a huge difference...
I was young and stupid once.

Kristin050585 31-12-2011 10:08 PM

the size of the stones really dont matter. I prefer sizes I can hold easily like an inch to 4 inches. But its really a personal preference. Another preference is polished or raw. Its the same energy, however I find rough or raw stones easier to access this energy. Polished ones do work too, I just find the energy takes longer to work.

nightowl 31-12-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristin050585
the size of the stones really dont matter. I prefer sizes I can hold easily like an inch to 4 inches. But its really a personal preference. Another preference is polished or raw. Its the same energy, however I find rough or raw stones easier to access this energy. Polished ones do work too, I just find the energy takes longer to work.

I agree with the use of rough cuts I find the energy much more accessible. I think one needs to consider the type of energy the stone itself has and how you connect with it. For instance some fire element stones can be overpowering in large quantities to some but not to others. My power element is Air, blue calcite is my main practice stone, I have a rough cut one about 3 inches by 2 inches and it is very powerful to me at that size, it is perfect for me at the size it is at. So I am not sure the size matters so much on its own but how it works in combination with its energy, your energy and the intent of its purpose.

Kristin050585 31-12-2011 10:57 PM

I believe mine is earth so most of the stones work fairly easily around me. The only one I seem to have trouble with is aventurine and sometimes moldavite. Selenite is probably the strongest for me. The energy is extremely strong.

psychoslice 31-12-2011 11:05 PM

Oh sorry, I thought this was the Spirituality & Sexuality thread lol.:hiding:

Sarian 31-12-2011 11:09 PM

Lol...robert....

A peaceful mind. 04-02-2012 09:54 AM

Size doesn’t matter but there is a difference (my opinion) in how the energy pulses due to the crystal being polished or being rough. It’s not all crystals that I feel this difference, and I haven’t heard any other people saying this so this is maybe just me experiencing this.

Yours

A Peaceful Mind

PEACE 04-02-2012 10:36 AM

I have a tiny piece of phenacite and omg its powerful xxxx