Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Science & Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What really is spiritual development? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128122)

pf2222 24-02-2019 01:09 PM

What really is spiritual development?

How do you define it.

John32241 24-02-2019 03:58 PM

Hi,

I would define it as Self Discovery.

John

Ricardo 25-02-2019 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

I would define it as Self Discovery.

John

That's the title of a book I'm reading at the moment
"Self discovery, the spiritual psychology of CJ Jung"

linen53 25-02-2019 11:44 PM

Discovering the Creator/God through your heart, not organized religion.

Unseeking Seeker 26-02-2019 02:03 AM

Continuous contemplative consciousness correction
Leading to
Continuous meditative Oneness connection

ocean breeze 26-02-2019 10:04 AM

Spiritual development is just ego development. Necessary to an extent. Its just too easy to become fixated on insights and experiences. You come to certain realizations or develop certain insights and without knowing you start clinging to it. Then you want to stop, share, express, teach, preach, etc. The more developed the ego, the more smarter it becomes, and the more subtle the deceptions become.

Unless you've examined yourself to the point where you are left utterly confused and afraid. Where it becomes more like a total meltdown. But that would be more along the lines of spiritual dismantlement instead of spiritual development. As your spiritual identity would likely be the first to be dismantled before many other things.

Rawnrr 26-02-2019 11:13 AM

A growth in awareness

iamthat 26-02-2019 07:30 PM

I consider spiritual development as the journey from identification with personality to identification with Consciousness. We then function through a Soul-infused personality.

The next stage is identification with Being, where the Soul-infused personality becomes an expression of Spirit.

Peace.

janielee 26-02-2019 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
I consider spiritual development as the journey from identification with personality to identification with Consciousness. We then function through a Soul-infused personality.

The next stage is identification with Being, where the Soul-infused personality becomes an expression of Spirit.

Peace.

I admit that I really hate all these different words - Soul! Spirit! Consciousness! Being!

Who knows who means what? Right? :biggrin:

Regardless of that, can you talk a bit more about how you see the difference between these two stages you mention?

A soul infused personality VERSUS Spirit?

How does that come into being, and how is that really different in your mind?

Thank you

JL

IndigoGeminiWolf 04-03-2019 12:25 PM

The sense of no-self. Free from thought. But can still think if you want to.