Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Past Lives & Reincarnation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Past Life Talents and skills. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2474)

angelicious 22-02-2007 02:20 AM

Past Life Talents and skills.

I have a theory and it goes like this....

Every single talent or skill is inherited from past lives, and manifest in this life (some at birth, some throughout life) when the opportunity arises and when it is needed to teach us something about ourselves that will help us fulfill our Lifes Purpose.

I'm unable to verify if there's any truth to my theory, it's just a strong sense of knowing.

Here are a few of the (many) living examples that support this theory in my life:

I was born to be creative artistically, hence, I brought it with me into this life (speaking of which, check my art out http://angelicious-art.zoomshare.com). I realize the importance of it in fulfilling my Lifes Purpose & to remind me that I have the same creative power of God (we all do I might add).

Another talent I never new I had but do is sing and perform in front of crowds. The opportunity came along in my mid-twenties, just in time too, as I had just started to really develope myself spiritually, and give my life an overhaul, yet faith in myself, my abilities and my self esteem were very low, and something inside me said, "Don't let another opportunity pass you by."

So I think my Soul remembered it learnt to sing & perform in previous incarnations and to teach me to have faith in myself, my abilities, and strengthen my confidence and self esteem, it manifested the opportunity here now in this life.

This thread is open to all and everything, What are your theories or views in this topic?

Mandi Neill 25-02-2007 06:01 AM

theory

Hello Angelicious,

I totally get where you are comming from.

This explaination came from a Wayne Dyer cd, and I really like the way he sums it up.

If you have an apple pie, and take a slice of that apple pie and put it on a dish. Then ask that slice of apple pie "What are you like?" The slice MUST be like what it came from. It cannot be a peach pie, or a chocolate cake, or anything other than like what it came from. If what we came from is unlimited souce, then we must be like what we came from, unlimited source.

So my theory is that I look for the experts, the masters in the field, and by doing so, I am a conduit to the world...???

Seems to fit the pattern of my life. I am connected to people from every walk of life. So whatever somebody else needs, I am the person that everybody goes to for help in finding someone or someway to make whatever it is happen.

Would you consider that a talent? As an example, I checked out your web site, and my girlfriend in Washington state, just north of California, really likes beautiful things like that so I sent her a link... and the only thing I would get from that is that she would reply to my e-mail, about your link, and say "Wow, aren't those beautiful sculptures, or paintings, or isn't that a pretty purple, ..." What she likes isn't as valuable to me as much as the fact that she will get those warm fuzzies. Make sense?

Enlightener 25-02-2007 06:54 AM

That's beautiful Mandi

angelicious 25-02-2007 09:05 AM

Oh, Mandi,

I love Dr Wayne Dyer!!!!
His book 'You'll believe it when you see it' is totally OFF THE HOOK!!!

"You are it all already" - Dr Wayne Dyer

Dariel 25-02-2007 09:37 AM

Hi,
I believe that we have all we have learned in our use. It may be dormant but can easily be learned again. Or, when evolving, I am pretty sure we can just activate the past life skills as happened to me.

If thinking about normal things, I started to ride a horse when I was small girl. I knew immediately how it goes and I never took a basic course but directly to advanced level. I just knew the thing and became really good without too much effort. So I just used skills I already had from past life experiences. But what brought this up, I think it was passion what did that. Passion for doing it, and it evoke the skills. This is just an example but there are many others as well. Normal things of daily life which I just somehow know.

Other things was the way I started to do healing. I knew without any courses the certain principles I used. I was also very much familiar with tibetan buddhism even though I have never read about it. Once I went to pranic healing courses, I understood that the method I had used was very similar to pranic healing, which is actually moderated from tibetan ways of healing and spiritual practises. I knew them already from my past lives.

Many of us have lives on Atlantis, and just forgotten the ways of teleportation, levitation, master healing etc advanced stuff. So all these are on our use when we evolve enought and can store more light to our bodies and cleanse old stuff away. Most of the advanced stuff can be done when stored energy into certain place in a body called "dan tien". It is below the navel.

But, not only our own past life stuff, later we are able to connect totally to the mass bank of skills and download needed skills from there, no matter have we known them before or not. So when evolving to the level that we do not separate ourselves from other anymore, we will be able to access this "bank of knowledge" and use it, as we are One.

Lots of light
Dariel

angelicious 25-02-2007 11:04 AM

Oh, awesome replies people!!!!

Yeah, imagine tapping into a mass storage facility full of talents, awesome.

I was just thinking, I hope I learnt to be an excellent writer who had published work in a previous life. It would make writing an amazing story now, with an original cast of characters, with an adventurous, fantasy backdrop really easy (Like that Jk Rowling & her Harry Potter books. To come up with such an elaborate tale...what an imagination. She rocks!). lol.

My theory is that the things I do, that come easily & effortlessly when learning them were perhaps already known to me like, cooking, drawing, painting, dancing, rowing, running, just to name a few.

And just thinking about what else I could be good at that's easy and effortless just blows my mind in awe.

So far I've stumbled onto the many things I'm easily and effortlessly good at. I wonder what I'll stumble on to next, hmmm? Oh, the mystery :rolleyes: ...hope its writing a really awesome, original, series of books for kids, lol.

spiritalk 26-02-2007 05:56 PM

We all have the capacity for creativity. The talent lies in the methods we use to unfold this creativity. Each of us has many talents, skills, abilities and the more we attune to the spirit to find them, the more they unfold in the material vibration.

We are born to enhance the spirit existence (from Pierre Teilhard de Chardin: We are not a human being having a spiritual experience. We are a spirit being having a human experience) and the more the talents unfold, the more we are attuning to the spirit.

God bless, J

angelicious 26-02-2007 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiritalk
We all have the capacity for creativity. The talent lies in the methods we use to unfold this creativity. Each of us has many talents, skills, abilities and the more we attune to the spirit to find them, the more they unfold in the material vibration.

We are born to enhance the spirit existence (from Pierre Teilhard de Chardin: We are not a human being having a spiritual experience. We are a spirit being having a human experience) and the more the talents unfold, the more we are attuning to the spirit.

God bless, J

Tehehe,

Cool Spiritalk, I use that quote too, so true, so true. And yes, I think it's true that talent is in the method (how we express our creativity). I like to think that Creativity begins in thought, talent & skills are the tools in which we can express this creativity and manifest the creative thought.

Mandi Neill 27-02-2007 12:57 PM

spiritalk, that was beautiful. Reminds me of the Abraham-Hicks books, written by Ester and Jerry Hicks, on the teachings of Abraham. Here is a quote excerpted from the workshop in Kansas City, KS on Sunday, September 27th, 1998

Is it possible to be the visionary and the actionary of your own life? Not only possible, it's the way most of you intended it to be. It's the best of all worlds. What can be more exhilarating than to find a dream from the contrast, to fixate on the dream and let it give you pleasure as it grows, and then to watch Law of Attraction bring it into manifestation while you help with your action? Does it get any better than that? You didn't think so as you made the decision to come forth into these physical bodies. You said, "This is the best time in all eternity for a Creator to Create." --- Abraham

spiritalk 27-02-2007 04:33 PM

I loved the DVD the Secret (on the law of attraction) that is enjoying a measure of popularity right now. And Esther Hicks is a part of the presentation.

I have heard many people say it is an old message. But maybe this new twist (so to speak) is needed right now? Or maybe there are people who have yet to hear the message that will find it in this form?

God bless, J