Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How to get over the fear (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=56523)

Wolf Heart 09-09-2013 06:03 PM

How to get over the fear

How do you get over the fear of death? I am absolutely TERRIFIED that there is nothing after this life. It literally paralyzes me with fear. I can't live a normal happy life. I have trouble functioning at my job, with my family. I try to talk about it with other people around me but no one seems to understand my fear. They get so confused.

Can someone talk to me about this? Give me some insight, help me understand, help me to overcome my fear.

I believe in God, I do. But at the same time my mind goes "but what if he's not real" and then I spiral downwards.

I just want someone to discuss things with. A kindred spirit I guess.

Native spirit 09-09-2013 09:40 PM

:smile: Hey Wolf Heart,

you are not alone in feeling like you do many other people have the same fear,but believe me when i say there is life after death,in fact there is no death only eternal life,the body your soul resides in stays behind when you pass away,but your soul lives on,in spirit,i am a medium and i have given many messages from lost loved ones to prove it,there is nothing to fear about death only fear itself, you live on in spirit, live your life without fear because there is life after death. if you live near a spiritulist church go along there and see for yourself what i say ,

Namaste

Wolf Heart 09-09-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
:smile: Hey Wolf Heart,

you are not alone in feeling like you do many other people have the same fear,but believe me when i say there is life after death,in fact there is no death only eternal life,the body your soul resides in stays behind when you pass away,but your soul lives on,in spirit,i am a medium and i have given many messages from lost loved ones to prove it,there is nothing to fear about death only fear itself, you live on in spirit, live your life without fear because there is life after death. if you live near a spiritulist church go along there and see for yourself what i say ,

Namaste

I'm not even sure how to find a church like that. I have been trying to kind of look around but I have trouble finding a church that fits my beliefs. I'm very open-minded and do not like churches that preach any kind of hate.

LadyImpreza1111 09-09-2013 09:54 PM

I haven't been to a spiritualist church yet, but the website I checked out a while back seemed pretty awesome. It doesn't seem to be the same as religiously-based churches that you are probably thinking of, and you can probably find one in your area with google by just putting in the city/state.

I was like you. I used to fear death. It prevented me from wanting to live my life to the fullest. Then I began talking to spirits and the fear I had regarding death was completely alleviated. The soul really is eternal and the people we know/love that pass on still live on. I think its for that reason alone that I won't grieve those who pass on as much as someone who might not be in touch with the spirit world.

I also have a theory that maybe in several of your past incarnations, you had violent or painful deaths that might have triggered cell memory in this lifetime so now you naturally fear death because its been so horrific in the past. Past life regression might not be a bad idea.

Spiritmessenger 09-09-2013 10:12 PM

Hi Wolf Heart
Quote:

How do you get over the fear of death? I am absolutely TERRIFIED that there is nothing after this life. It literally paralyzes me with fear. I can't live a normal happy life. I have trouble functioning at my job, with my family. I try to talk about it with other people around me but no one seems to understand my fear. They get so confused.

Can someone talk to me about this? Give me some insight, help me understand, help me to overcome my fear.

I believe in God, I do. But at the same time my mind goes "but what if he's not real" and then I spiral downwards.

I just want someone to discuss things with. A kindred spirit I guess.

You are not alone in your fear of death, so many people are, that is why they don't talk about it, which leads to a lot of ignorance about the truth. This is what Jesus came to teach the people.
There is no death, just a continuation of life, when the physical body is dropped we move into another dimention which vibrates faster than this dimention that we live in now.
How do you get over the fear? Learn as much as you can about the subject, there is a wealth of good books, look in the recomended book section on this site, also YouTube has much to offer, here you go, listen to Dannion Brinkley "Saved by the Light" his books are excellent I have them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=jtt5ji7b9ig
I hope this helps

Wolf Heart 10-09-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
I haven't been to a spiritualist church yet, but the website I checked out a while back seemed pretty awesome. It doesn't seem to be the same as religiously-based churches that you are probably thinking of, and you can probably find one in your area with google by just putting in the city/state.

I was like you. I used to fear death. It prevented me from wanting to live my life to the fullest. Then I began talking to spirits and the fear I had regarding death was completely alleviated. The soul really is eternal and the people we know/love that pass on still live on. I think its for that reason alone that I won't grieve those who pass on as much as someone who might not be in touch with the spirit world.

I also have a theory that maybe in several of your past incarnations, you had violent or painful deaths that might have triggered cell memory in this lifetime so now you naturally fear death because its been so horrific in the past. Past life regression might not be a bad idea.

A few years ago I was a little more in touch with my spiritual side and I tried doing some past life regression. I ended up having a...dream, vision, something along those lines.
Anyways, in it I was on a ship crossing the ocean with my husband and young child. A storm hit and my child went running to the edge of the deck. I ran to grab him and shoved him back to his father before I was plummeted over the edge and drowned. Before I had this experience I had (and still do) have a fear of large bodies of water. They send me into a panic and nothing in this life would lead to that.
I've also had a friend who did past life readings and she sad she saw a lot of anguish and suffering in my past.

Wolf Heart 10-09-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritmessenger
Hi Wolf Heart

You are not alone in your fear of death, so many people are, that is why they don't talk about it, which leads to a lot of ignorance about the truth. This is what Jesus came to teach the people.
There is no death, just a continuation of life, when the physical body is dropped we move into another dimention which vibrates faster than this dimention that we live in now.
How do you get over the fear? Learn as much as you can about the subject, there is a wealth of good books, look in the recomended book section on this site, also YouTube has much to offer, here you go, listen to Dannion Brinkley "Saved by the Light" his books are excellent I have them.
I hope this helps

Thank you. I have always been kind of rebellious against the teachings of Christ until recently. I realized how much of what he came to teach was all about love, forgiveness, and being one with each other.
I will deffinetly look into more information. I have studied different religious paths over the years and I do find it all fascinating.

Tobi 10-09-2013 01:48 AM

My dog showed me the reality of the continuum of consciousness, last year.
There is no death.

I hope that one day an experience will come to you also, to show you for certain.

It is natural to be afraid of something we are unsure about, like death. But try not to be afraid any more.

Miss Hepburn 10-09-2013 01:51 AM

You are someone that would loooove to read many NDEs...near death exps...
Www.nderf.org

Nde research foundation...such wonderful stories.

mogenblue 10-09-2013 09:29 PM

I agree with LadyImpreza that past life regression might not be a bad idea. You have to face your fears, relive them consciously. Because once you have relived them in full conscious they cannot overwhelm you anymore.
You should do that preferably with professional guidance. If it works it can get very real, but since it is all past experience you will always return to your present situation. Help of a loving and understanding professional is very important when you return to your present situation. Because you must be sure to return in a safe situation. Otherwise things would only get worse.

Books about the afterlife are also very important. I would recommend to read books that are not older then 100 or 150 years. The conscious of people has emerged very much since the days in which the Bible was written. Spirits of Light know this and have brought much wisdom to Earth over the past 100 or 200 years.

Personally I would recommend to read the books of Jozef Rulof. He was an instrument for the Masters of Light. The Masters have written a total of 27 books through him.
His introductory books are free available on the internet in PDF format. :icon_study:

His first book is called A View into the Hereafter. That book gives you a great insight in life after death and many other things related to the afterlife.
You can't miss it if you search for it on the internetz.

Take care,
Mogenblue