Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Virgin Marys death. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130463)

Gracey 22-07-2019 04:19 PM

Virgin Marys death.

Anyone know of any references to the Virgin Marys physical death?

BigJohn 22-07-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracey

I know of no references but there are some of her being reincarnated.

sky 22-07-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracey

Lots of speculation Gracey but nothing concrete. It's strange that someone so important just disappears from Scriptures after the crucifixion. Maybe someday Archeology might find something which refers to her burial or her life after Jesus.

davidmartin 22-07-2019 10:04 PM

There's some letters and writings scholars reject that say she lived until about 100AD, and she was involved with the church. I guess trying to steer it in the right direction
This is from a letter to a late 1st century bishop written it says by Mary
I'm not completely convinced if this is really Mother Mary or could be another Mary but yes i think a prominent female who knew Jesus was active in the church until a time when the priesthood was emerging and actually this information wasn't something they wanted to really remember. but i believe it happened

"The things which you have heard and learned from John concerning Jesus are true. Believe them, cling to them, and hold fast the profession of that Christianity which you have embraced, and conform your habits and life to your profession. Now I will come in company with John to visit you, and those that are with you. Stand fast in the faith, 1 Corinthians 16:13 and show yourself a man; nor let the fierceness of persecution move you, but let your spirit be strong and rejoice in God your Saviour"

Gracey 23-07-2019 12:40 AM

Thanks everyone for the response. I have learned in my own research that there is no definite writing on her death. Some even speculate that she didn't die a physical death cause she is without sin, pure. I did come across the information you posted davidmartin. I also came across some info on the 12 apostles and their deaths. They all had gruesome deaths. Makes me wonder if Mary found the same fate. I would like to think that she was active in a church, but can't say for sure. I did read a lot of different cultures throughout time say that she is buried here and there. I guess it is a mystery for now.

davidmartin 23-07-2019 01:13 AM

Yes Gracey, for me I don't actually want to know because of all those deaths i think i would prefer not to know. i do believe she or another female apostle was very active in the church in the early days and originally leadership was split between male and female. there's hints of that in the shepherd of hermas which is an interesting writing with several first person speaches by a female authority figure

white pegasus 23-07-2019 04:47 AM

Hi Gracey,

How is it that Mary(the mother of Jesus was without sin? I am not of the catholic faith and am wondering how we know Mary was without sin,,respectfully and sincerely I ask

Morpheus 23-07-2019 05:42 AM

The assumption of Mary is a teaching in the Catholic, Orthodox, and Oriental Christian church.

There is, again, precedent in the old testament regarding Enoch, and Elijah.
I don't know that it's so important or integral to Christian Faith, but it is a nice thought.

Gracey 23-07-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmartin
Yes Gracey, for me I don't actually want to know because of all those deaths i think i would prefer not to know. i do believe she or another female apostle was very active in the church in the early days and originally leadership was split between male and female. there's hints of that in the shepherd of hermas which is an interesting writing with several first person speaches by a female authority figure

I haven't read the Shepard of Hermas until last night when I read your post here. Thanks for leading me to it.

Gracey 23-07-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white pegasus
Hi Gracey,

How is it that Mary(the mother of Jesus was without sin? I am not of the catholic faith and am wondering how we know Mary was without sin,,respectfully and sincerely I ask

People who believe that say that the Mother of God would have to pure to give birth to Jesus. Some Roman Catholics believe this. There are no words in old texts written that say this is true with out a doubt.

https://www.catholicculture.org/cult...xVz7HVLNje__0Y