Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Loving Tributes & Remembrance (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Remembering my dad on father day. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17728)

Free Bird 19-06-2011 05:03 PM

Remembering my dad on father day.

Today is fathers day in the UK and I want to say a special thanks to my dad who is sadly no longer with us. He was a wonderful man with a huge heart. He would have given me the moon if he could have :smile:

Not a day goes past where I don't say goodnight to you, not a day goes past where I don't know how blessed and how lucky I was to have you as my dad. If I could anything, it would be to hug you one last time, to tell you how much I love you.

So here's to you dad :love2: The best and most wonderful dad any girl could have asked for. :smile: xxx

Here is one of your favourite songs, and the one we played at your funeral. The title is so fitting "Thank you for the days" :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwnPU...eature=related

Medium_Laura 19-06-2011 05:30 PM

What a sweet post! :) Here is to all of our dad's in spirit <3

we love you!

Free Bird 19-06-2011 06:06 PM

Thank you Laura :smile:

Soul Searching 19-06-2011 07:11 PM

Lovely sentiments Free Bird ........... :color:

God Bless all our Dads .................... :hug3:

LightFilledHeart 19-06-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Free Bird
Today is fathers day in the UK and I want to say a special thanks to my dad who is sadly no longer with us. He was a wonderful man with a huge heart. He would have given me the moon if he could have :smile:

Not a day goes past where I don't say goodnight to you, not a day goes past where I don't know how blessed and how lucky I was to have you as my dad. If I could anything, it would be to hug you one last time, to tell you how much I love you.

So here's to you dad :love2: The best and most wonderful dad any girl could have asked for. :smile: xxx

Here is one of your favourite songs, and the one we played at your funeral. The title is so fitting "Thank you for the days" :smile:

I have tears streaming down my face after reading your post. I still have my dad, but he will be 95 next month, and none of us knows for how long. I'm so sorry your dad is no longer here, but I know he sees you and is proud of the beautiful spirit that is the daughter he raised. I too send him love, and to you I send comfort.....

tragblack 19-06-2011 08:40 PM

Same feelings go out to my Papa, wherever he is! <3

Free Bird 19-06-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
I have tears streaming down my face after reading your post. I still have my dad, but he will be 95 next month, and none of us knows for how long. I'm so sorry your dad is no longer here, but I know he sees you and is proud of the beautiful spirit that is the daughter he raised. I too send him love, and to you I send comfort.....

Thank you so much for your kind words :smile: It has made me cherish my mum all the more and I find myself asking her all about her life now, from when before I was born, as I just want to know everything about her, as she too is a wonderful person.

I hope you have many more happy years spent with your dad :)

SS Thank you :)

tragblack My thoughts go out to you too today :hug:

LightFilledHeart 20-06-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Thank you so much for your kind words :smile: It has made me cherish my mum all the more and I find myself asking her all about her life now, from when before I was born, as I just want to know everything about her, as she too is a wonderful person.

I hope you have many more happy years spent with your dad :)

SS Thank you :)

tragblack My thoughts go out to you too today :hug:

Thank you, Free Bird. We lost my Mom just after Christmas on Dec. 28th. Although she had a condition that could and would eventually take her life, there was no crisis to warn us of her sudden demise. It was unexpected and hit us all very hard, most especially Dad. Imagine having been coupled from the time they were teenage boyfriend and girlfriend (he 16, she 14) and being life-mates all those years! They'd had 68 wedding anniversaries.. did not quite make it to 70. For Dad, this was a blow we feared he could not recover from, and it was touch and go there for awhile, but his faith pulled him through and though we all miss mom intensely and recognize that there's a part of Dad that longs to join her in eternity, still we love and adore him and are loath to lose our last parent. We too pray we have several more good years with him, but we're very aware of the ephemeral nature of life here in 3-D physicality, so we're not taking any chances! We spend as much quality time with him as possible, and we're grateful for every second! I don't know how I'll bare it when he leaves.....

BlueSky 20-06-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Beautiful post!

Spiritlite 20-06-2011 03:59 PM

(((((((((((Freebird))))))))))))) what a beautiful way to honor your father.
Spiritlite.