Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Past Lives & Reincarnation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What era/historical period do you gravitate to? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=80123)

dashofgold 15-01-2015 03:36 AM

What era/historical period do you gravitate to?

They say when you are fascinated by a particular historical period, it is usually because you have lived back then.

I'm curious to learn what periods some of you are interested in/gravitate to.

For me it's always been ancient egypt and ancient greece. What about you?

PrincessSerena 15-01-2015 04:38 AM

For me, it's mostly the Victorian and the Medieval/Renaissance period.

Jenny Crow 15-01-2015 04:44 AM

To that time, around AD 50 - AD 100 when the Celts occupied the area in England where I'm from.

Gryneos 17-01-2015 06:46 AM

Ancient Greece, as well as Ancient Arabia and Persia. Though I will admit the latter is likely more of the fictional places of the folk tales than the actual times. So, alternate realities where a more magical Ancient Persia existed :wink:

ZenSar 20-01-2015 06:26 AM

A few, WW1-WW2, Age of Muskets, Medieval Times-European, Mid-Dark Ages-Islamic Empire, Middle Roman Empire, Ancient China and Japan.

serenebluehills 01-02-2015 05:44 AM

I am particularly drawn to and interested in the time of slavery in America and World War II though it is not as strong as it used to be in the beginning. As for places and people, I find myself very drawn to India and its people.

More than 10 years back, I saw this short video clip taken during WW2 and on the video was this very handsome Jewish boy around the age of 5 along with other children lined up on the street. I could not take my eyes off his sad innocent face (and his tattoed arm) and had to replay the clip many times over. It was heartbreaking and I felt I wanted to take him in my arms. I must have wondered that time if I might have been his mother back then.

Blessings,
Serene

durgaa 01-02-2015 06:56 PM

Quote:

For me it's always been ancient egypt and ancient greece

Funny, before l read your post l was going to say exactly those two places - especially around the time of Nefertiti and Akhenaton in Egypt (after meeting my twinsoul a lot of this egyptian stuff came out)..
Also, l feel a connection with ancient rome and china - but if we are old souls, we've probably had hundred's of incarnations. The one's we remember were most likely the happiest, or possibly the most Spiritually rewarding..

Fleur de Frost 02-02-2015 03:37 AM

No time period for me! Only countries. Japan and Norway, specifically :)

Just a quick note - you don't need to be drawn to an era to have lived in it. Have you ever experienced intense hatred towards a certain country, time period, etc. for no reason? Maybe you lived there and just despised that lifetime. Some terrible event occured, it was incredibly boring, the lesson your soul undertook was just too challenging: whatever's possible. But I think it's also worth noting the historical eras/locations you feel yourself pulling away from, and exploring that (dis)connection further.

Food for thought. :)

yumi14 02-02-2015 05:32 AM

No period for me either, but I've always been drawn to farming as well as the Asian countries... either Japan or south Korea.

DoctorStrange 02-02-2015 01:50 PM

Atlantis for me