Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Reiki (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Performing Reiki (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32180)

special-k 15-03-2012 04:05 AM

Performing Reiki

How do I perfrm Reiki? I am quite a newbie. I have had a friend do Reiki on me and it was quite supurb. What do I need to accomplish in order to perform Reiki?

rubyred79 15-03-2012 09:45 AM

I agree Reiki is wonderful. To practice Reiki you need firstly be attuned by a Reiki Master (level3). You will be given/taught all the information during the course. It would be a great idea to do some self learning on Reiki prior to it though. I remember one of my friends did Reiki on me too & from that moment on I was hooked. Goodluck on your Journey x

special-k 15-03-2012 10:01 AM

thank-you!

shifty123 15-03-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-k
How do I perfrm Reiki? I am quite a newbie. I have had a friend do Reiki on me and it was quite supurb. What do I need to accomplish in order to perform Reiki?

There are a lot of good info online about reiki. I'll pm you a site that i use regularly.

Akaalis 26-03-2012 05:51 AM

I personally know a few people whom formally practiced Reiki and I myself have examined this system as well.

There is nothing wrong with the practice of Reiki, but I WILL say to all of you whom are interested in Reiki, that its a quite a low level practice and the energies involved don't penetrate or reach that high in terms of levels or realms. I say this for only the modern form and practitioners of Reiki, but not for the first Reiki Master, Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui, who was a well accomplished Spiritual Master whom devoted his entire life to being so.

I know some of you here MAY be offended by my post, but a good number of the Reiki so-called "Master Teachers" or "Practitioners" nowadays are very commercially driven, and if one is materialistically driven then that in turn has an hampering effect on the spiritual aspect itself. Which is why the energies I seen emitted from alot of these Master Attuners aren't very strong or substantial to begin with.

shifty123 27-03-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akaalis
I personally know a few people whom formally practiced Reiki and I myself have examined this system as well.

There is nothing wrong with the practice of Reiki, but I WILL say to all of you whom are interested in Reiki, that its a quite a low level practice and the energies involved don't penetrate or reach that high in terms of levels or realms. I say this for only the modern form and practitioners of Reiki, but not for the first Reiki Master, Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui, who was a well accomplished Spiritual Master whom devoted his entire life to being so.

I know some of you here MAY be offended by my post, but a good number of the Reiki so-called "Master Teachers" or "Practitioners" nowadays are very commercially driven, and if one is materialistically driven then that in turn has an hampering effect on the spiritual aspect itself. Which is why the energies I seen emitted from alot of these Master Attuners aren't very strong or substantial to begin with.

Didnt Usi take donations? No matter how small.

Akaalis 27-03-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stogey
Didnt Usi take donations? No matter how small.

He took donations, but did he charge to make a living?

Enya 27-03-2012 09:11 PM

I will say that while I agree that many teach Reiki on a 'lower' level, there are also those who develop it as a spiritual path. I've always found Reiki to be a catalyst for my self awareness and it's never functioned as a 'therapy' for me. I am fortunate enough to have met some wonderful students who take it much further than I ever have. :smile:

Akaalis 28-03-2012 12:23 AM

Well the thing is Reiki is based on Ki(or Chi) energy, which is basically only "life force" energy. Such energy(from what I understand) doesn't really possess any penetrative power to begin with, its merely energy to sustain ones health. Its not "evolved" into higher forms of energy, and thus any dormant supernormal abilities inherent within the human body cannot be activated within the practice of Reiki. Thats why beyond the level of healing and fitness, Reiki is of very little use.

As I said, I know personally former practitioners of Reiki and even they themselves told me that the energies developed in Reiki aren't very substantial and are quite limited.

Rin 28-03-2012 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akaalis
Well the thing is Reiki is based on Ki(or Chi) energy, which is basically only "life force" energy. Such energy(from what I understand) doesn't really possess any penetrative power to begin with, its merely energy to sustain ones health. Its not "evolved" into higher forms of energy, and thus any dormant supernormal abilities inherent within the human body cannot be activated within the practice of Reiki. Thats why beyond the level of healing and fitness, Reiki is of very little use.

As I said, I know personally former practitioners of Reiki and even they themselves told me that the energies developed in Reiki aren't very substantial and are quite limited.

It is not that the Ki is not strong, but many Reiki practitioners have little knowledge to transform Ki into Jing or Shen. This has really nothing to do with Reiki itself but is a reflection on the interests and training of Reki.