Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Signs & Synchronicities (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   what is going to happen on December 21 ? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=43747)

girlsearching 04-12-2012 03:12 PM

what is going to happen on December 21 ?

i was just carious because i'm kind of interested in the mayan calender predictions. i know i should not belive in that but i have always wonderd about the apocolyspe. i know that no one really knows what might happen cause only god knows when it's judgement day. but do you ever woner how come the dates that were supposed to be the end of the world were always false.

hannah 04-12-2012 08:44 PM

From what I have gathered, it is supposed to be more of a mass spiritual awakening, that we will transcend to a higher state or new dimension, far beyond what we can imagine, rather than we simply all die in a massive meteor impact or something.
It is supposedly linked to star alignments- earth will directly line up to the galactic centre, which will cause it, whatever IT is.
As far as I know, all the supposed ends of the world we have passed were either superstition and hysteria, eg Y2K, or fanatical cult leaders power crazy on unbridled devotion of rapt followers.
2012 is the final date of a calendar dating back 5000 years.
But it is an almost universal belief, in all cultures around the world that the world was nearly destroyed at some time in the past- the Biblical Deluge is just one of these stories, and at sometime in the future it will happen again. Maybe this is it.
In two weeks time, we shall find out, one way or another.

amy green 04-12-2012 09:46 PM

girlsearching - here is the latest situation - from the elder mayans...

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=42578

Reverend Keith 04-12-2012 09:47 PM

I believe the astronomical basis of the date is that on this date, the sun, as seen from the earth would (if you could see the milky way in the daytime) point directly to a particular part of the dark cloud at the center of the galaxy, which the Mayans identified in their mythology with the entrance to the underworld. The idea of the sun descending into the underworld would naturally have a lot of mythological significance to the Mayans. It doesn't, however, have any intrinsic objective significance in the material world. No catastrophes, earthquakes, asteroids crashing to earth, etc. If anything DOES happen, I'm convinced it will be because of all the human spiritual intention from everyone EXPECTING something to happen.

Or it could happen like this...

girlsearching 05-12-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hannah
From what I have gathered, it is supposed to be more of a mass spiritual awakening, that we will transcend to a higher state or new dimension, far beyond what we can imagine, rather than we simply all die in a massive meteor impact or something.
It is supposedly linked to star alignments- earth will directly line up to the galactic centre, which will cause it, whatever IT is.
As far as I know, all the supposed ends of the world we have passed were either superstition and hysteria, eg Y2K, or fanatical cult leaders power crazy on unbridled devotion of rapt followers.
2012 is the final date of a calendar dating back 5000 years.
But it is an almost universal belief, in all cultures around the world that the world was nearly destroyed at some time in the past- the Biblical Deluge is just one of these stories, and at sometime in the future it will happen again. Maybe this is it.
In two weeks time, we shall find out, one way or another.

maybe a life changing event is going to occur and people are going to be awake with thier higher selfs of being.

girlsearching 05-12-2012 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reverend Keith
I believe the astronomical basis of the date is that on this date, the sun, as seen from the earth would (if you could see the milky way in the daytime) point directly to a particular part of the dark cloud at the center of the galaxy, which the Mayans identified in their mythology with the entrance to the underworld. The idea of the sun descending into the underworld would naturally have a lot of mythological significance to the Mayans. It doesn't, however, have any intrinsic objective significance in the material world. No catastrophes, earthquakes, asteroids crashing to earth, etc. If anything DOES happen, I'm convinced it will be because of all the human spiritual intention from everyone EXPECTING something to happen.

Or it could happen like this...

i hope astroids do not hit the earth to soon i gusse some people are expecting something to happen and others are not.

girlsearching 05-12-2012 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy green
girlsearching - here is the latest situation - from the elder mayans...

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=42578

thank you AmyGreen for the link i will check out the website. i might find some interesting facts.

Reverend Keith 05-12-2012 07:44 PM

hannah 06-12-2012 11:01 AM

It is known that increased levels of electromagnetic energy can cause states of euphoria, a sense of the spiritual, visions of other worlds, angels, etc, most likely through the pineal gland in the brain, which is in the same place as the third eye is traditionally said to be.
People placed in a chamber where EM energy is blocked experience completely the opposite- as if their souls are being ripped from their bodies.
Maybe some galactic alignment/solar flare or something which our position in the universe on 21/12 will mean we get the full brunt of, a burst of EM energy, will cause a mass spiritual evolution.

samantha 13-12-2012 12:12 AM

I agree with hannah, its a cosmic allignment between the sun, earth and the galactic centre which they say has not happened in 26,000 yrs. They say we are living in a time of darkness and this event will change our spiritual awareness. From what i have read the Mayans didnt predict the end of the world, there calendar ends on 21/12/2012 and people have put this and bible prophesies together and came up with the end of the world, but i believe the prophesies were fullfilled long time ago.