Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Love & Relationships -Friends and Family (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Being an empath (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=134679)

kays. 07-04-2020 12:31 AM

Being an empath

Hello everyone,

I am an empath and am highly sensitive. Over the years, I realized that I can feel/sense when people are thinking about me or of me. I cannot hear the concrete thoughts or feelings, but I can sense the general vibe they have about me.

It happens to me regularly that I happen to think about someone, entirely out of the blue, and they write to me on the same day or a few days later, telling me they were thinking of me. It happens often with people I don't speak to regularly or people who are not close friends or relatives.

The thing is that gives me a bit of anxiety, because I also sense more negative vibes that some people may have towards me.

How do you take a break from it all from time to time?

Lucky 07-04-2020 07:37 PM

Hi kays and welcome! I’m not sure we can take a break from having these abilities, but we can choose where to put our focus. Many different people have used many different techniques to not be so tuned in all the time. I have been envisioning a vacuum above my head sucking up any lingering energy that’s not mine. This is only one way to clear your energy and space. There are other ways to not be so open. If you’re in the presence of someone who you feel is negative then you can either walk away, turn your body away from them or to the side so you’re not facing them head on, and shine your own light brighter so nothing can penetrate your field. There’s going to be yucky energy anywhere we go and it can only affect us if we let it...that’s the bottom line in my opinion.

Native spirit 08-04-2020 04:33 PM

You need to use protection just visualise yourself surrounded by pure white light, it can be easier to visualise yourself standing in a bubble of pure white light. this should help you

Namaste

FairyCrystal 08-04-2020 04:47 PM

Learn to ground and shield yourself and fine-tune your gifts by making clear you don't want to pick up stuff that's of no use to you. I wrote elsewhere in the forums how to do that, just last week I think. Maybe you can find it.

Lynn 08-04-2020 07:57 PM

Hello

Yes I so agree you learn to ground. You learn to also push that energy that is negative back away from you. We might well feel someone is not thinking about us in a nice way but at times the brain is filling in the blanks with at times what we have in yourself a lack of self image or confidence.

I am open to it all 24 / 7 the living and non living and there is no down time, I have learned to just have it as "back ground noise" like now the TV is on I process what I want to hear from the TV but not following it fully.

Lynn

FairyCrystal 08-04-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Yes I so agree you learn to ground. You learn to also push that energy that is negative back away from you. We might well feel someone is not thinking about us in a nice way but at times the brain is filling in the blanks with at times what we have in yourself a lack of self image or confidence.

I am open to it all 24 / 7 the living and non living and there is no down time, I have learned to just have it as "back ground noise" like now the TV is on I process what I want to hear from the TV but not following it fully.

Lynn

Yes, and shield. I don't think pushing back as then you are still busy with it.
I've learnt to fine-tune and basically only pick up what I can and should do something with. In the beginning I picked up everything which could be very confusing, leading to question "What am I to do with that info???"
Often it was, nothing.
Then why am I picking it up? Don't send me info I cannot use or shouldn't receive, hihi. So I fine-tuned.

aimtobe 10-04-2020 01:40 PM

I once had a profound experience of learning how to appropriately be an empath that I will never forget. However, it was a more psychological approach than spiritual.
Spiritual approach would be calling and utilizing the white light or other spiritual sources for help. Not a bad idea at all.
The light bulb for me was when I questioned my own feelings. I realized I had no need to feel the way I did, leading to my realization that I did in fact NOT feel that way after all. I refused to claim the feeling and re-founded my own identity, which made me pretty happy and secure actually. This learning experience turned out to be a blessing.

Never lose touch with who you are.

Elfin 14-04-2020 05:56 AM

Hi Kay's, some good advice on here. You will find your own way of coping , as we all do, because it really is very difficult sometimes being highly sensitive/empath. And I also agree that we cannot choose to be different , it's how we are born, so we have to learn to adapt and find a way that suits us best to be able to live the balanced life that we need. For me personally I reach a point in the day where I just need to get away from it all. Some time alone in a quiet room, or a walk in the country etc to allow my mind and my central nervous system settle. That said, it's not always easy to find that time in today's busy society. But I do think it's important to try to find time. As you are aware, we go out of our way to avoid conflict or argument, for the very reason you described, so that people don't think badly of us, because picking up on that will upset our system. Also, even if they don't think badly of us ,we are still picking up everyone else's emotion around us in abundance...gosh, can be very tiring, very draining...who would be us?!!!!!! You will find a way that best suits you.

SilentDrum 20-04-2020 12:48 PM

Hi Kays,

If you try to shield yourself, you will only block your evolution.

The real problem is not people's thoughts or feelings about you but something within you that resonates with them. So the best way to find peace while doing justice to this beautiful sensitivity of yours is to request being rid of what is being mirrored to you or of what within you is being triggered.

In your case, it seems appropriate to start with requesting being relieved from the fear of being judged. Your anxiety might also be an invitation to judge less.

Tomma 20-04-2020 09:02 PM

I'm also an empath and super sensitive. The negativity some people exude is often difficult to endure, I have given it the name "spiritual stink". One way I cope with it that sometimes helps is when I remind myself, it has nothing to do with me, just forget about it, not my problem, etc.

This does not help though if the other person has triggered an emotional response in me with their words or actions. In that case, as Silent Drum said above, I need to look at why they made me angry, sad, anxious, tense etc.

Hope this helps!