Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Mandela Effect (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=104221)

keokutah 04-08-2016 06:25 PM

Mandela Effect

Sorry if there's already been a thread about this.
A normally skeptical friend of mine is the one who introduced me to the Mandela Effect theory, asking me if I believed in alternate realities.

The Mandela Effect is a strange phenomenon where masses of people notice a change in reality.

My friend is a movie buff and claims certain things about movies have changed, even on his old VHS tapes where the videos have been untouched and couldn't have been manipulated or changed with new editions. Even old die hard star wars fans remember it being, "Luke, I am your father", but that's not what the line is anymore. Even I remember it being that way, but when I was watching star wars recently, it was completely different and I had a really weird feeling while watching it. Also, in Forest Gump, it was always "Life IS like a box of chocolates" and now it's not. There's a lot of well known changes. I also remember it being spelled Berenstien Bears but somehow, it's now Berenstain bears. I remember sitting in a doctors office and saw a book and thought to myself how weird it was that they changed the name, but apparently there is no proof or evidence that they did change it, and even the old books are spelled "Berenstain" now. I rememember clearly it was spelled Berenstien, because at the time I was a kid and had a tough time spelling it, so I had to spend a lot of time memorizing it.

Anyway, I started researching more about the Mandela effect, and apparently there are groups of people who notice all sorts of reality changes, even geographical changes, in songs, in all sorts of things.
What do you think about it all?

keokutah 05-08-2016 06:40 PM

No one here is interested in the mandela effect? I thought it was really interesting.

7luminaries 05-08-2016 11:09 PM

Hey there I'm pretty certain there's at least one thread on this topic of not more. Try the time travel section. I remember Nelson Mandela dying and Winnie was a widow. The other stuff as well. Many do...you are most certainly not alone!

peace & blessings,
7L

skygazer 06-08-2016 12:25 AM

The Mandela effect you're speaking about is most likely a psyop...movies, commercials, books, etc. can change their material and not inform the public.
The same goes for maps, imo. It does make for an interesting discussion; people have a way of remembering events very differently, this has been proven over time. Five people witnessing an event do not observe the same thing.

There is an element of the Mandela effect that is reality for some folks, but that falls under real fringe subjects, that is where a timeline or dimension that is quite like our own merges with this one for seconds or minutes.

7luminaries 07-08-2016 02:26 PM

It's a permanent merging or transformation of timelines. And it continues. A minority can recall events existing or occurring differently to now. Nelson Mandela was dead for quite some time. Here Winnie is still on her own but now she is divorced.

It's not a fringe aspect but rather a fundamental aspect of reality which may only be apparent to those who have "moved" across timelines. It seems when timelines merge that an "update" occurs to overlay the chosen timelines's reality onto the other one.

However this seems less than effective for many of us and the overlay doesn't take. As other mergings occur going forward, many or at least some of those from the alternate timelines often seem resistant to the overlay. In fact, it comes to a point where you begin to become aware of the mergings as they are occurring.

Peace and blessings,
7L

Brucely 14-05-2017 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keokutah
Sorry if there's already been a thread about this.
A normally skeptical friend of mine is the one who introduced me to the Mandela Effect theory, asking me if I believed in alternate realities.

The Mandela Effect is a strange phenomenon where masses of people notice a change in reality.

My friend is a movie buff and claims certain things about movies have changed, even on his old VHS tapes where the videos have been untouched and couldn't have been manipulated or changed with new editions. Even old die hard star wars fans remember it being, "Luke, I am your father", but that's not what the line is anymore. Even I remember it being that way, but when I was watching star wars recently, it was completely different and I had a really weird feeling while watching it. Also, in Forest Gump, it was always "Life IS like a box of chocolates" and now it's not. There's a lot of well known changes. I also remember it being spelled Berenstien Bears but somehow, it's now Berenstain bears. I remember sitting in a doctors office and saw a book and thought to myself how weird it was that they changed the name, but apparently there is no proof or evidence that they did change it, and even the old books are spelled "Berenstain" now. I rememember clearly it was spelled Berenstien, because at the time I was a kid and had a tough time spelling it, so I had to spend a lot of time memorizing it.

Anyway, I started researching more about the Mandela effect, and apparently there are groups of people who notice all sorts of reality changes, even geographical changes, in songs, in all sorts of things.
What do you think about it all?

George lucas made changes with each rerelease of the movies. All famous movies do this. I havnt looked much into mandella effect but hearing it a lot layely its the next on my list

Light Warrior 15-05-2017 07:25 AM

I didn't think about it until I heard it. That's really strange.

Goddessa 15-05-2017 07:26 AM

I remember reading about the Mandela Effect a few years ago. I also remember thinking that it could explain a lot of the disillusionment that many South Africans (me included) feel about Nelson Mandela. Nelson Mandela is definitely no hero to me. He is the opposite. I've always felt a particular repulsion towards the woman he married when he got out of prison too. Someone who for me clearly radiates pure evil.

Interesting theory. Does this mean that both worlds exist at the same time?

7luminaries 15-05-2017 01:29 PM

Yes...I definitely think it may explain it...And your take is very interesting, because you were much closer to the event and its "reversal".

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...29#post1584929

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7luminaries
More and more, I feel that many if not most of us here right now are "walk-ins" into our own lives. Meaning, we are now in a different timeline...which means a different "parallel" reality which is almost identical but which has some historic anomalies around and since the juncture.

Most of the rarified theoreticians point to the Hadron particle supercollider (not the official name, just describing) research which has been ongoing, and they have always said that the work could theoretically (and actually) result in the collapse of our original universe...leaving our consciousness energy to merge into the nearest and most similar alternative universe....but which still contains some small amount of difference or non-overlap. As energy cannot be destroyed but only moved or transformed. Because it would be momentary or instantaneous, we cannot know for certain by any conventional means whether or not we are no longer in the place we started, but rather in one that seems nearly but not quite indentical. The most fascinating thing is that something like the supercollider can fundamentally impact everything and everyone in our universe all at once...and that's why we shifted all together, rather than just one person here or there doing their own thing.

Because we walked in to ourselves, there was no real (or relatively little) issue with syncronisation...which as Bartholomew says is by far the biggest issue.

In common parlance, this has been colloquially termed the Mandela effect. But I think there is much, much more to it. Now that we have walked in, so many of us...what does it mean? We're still us, but with another level of awareness and awakening. And BTW...over the last 15 to 20 but especially over the last 5 to 10 years...I have been able to come to terms with some very problematic past lives too, where I was repeatedly murdered and betrayed (as a man) by those I loved most, as well as coming to a sad end in an oppressive last lifetime as a woman where I was unable to make the most basic choices about my life -- all really fairly typical stuff actually. But still quite painful to me or to any of us. Forgiveness was the easier part...understanding was the more difficult, and also coping with the reality of knowing, which has its own weight.

A lot of the healing involves perspective and knowledge and understanding the situation from the vantage of those others who did me in. And I strongly feel that much of the wave of awakening, rising consciousness, and past life healing and integration is tied to the timeline "shift" or shifts that have been ongoing since at least 2008. When we were (many, many of us) given a boost in awakening by walking in and finding ourselves with a new awareness at hand...in essence, in breadth, in depth...just different to before in some foundational way.

Any thoughts on this?

Another related threat of late...where I posted similar but more on the likely unintentional but potentially tremendous impact of the "Mandela effect" on raising consciousness and on awakening.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...34#post1586434

Peace & blessings,
7L

Seawolf 15-05-2017 04:06 PM

I thought it was an interesting concept but as I looked into it alittle more about a year ago it seemed to lack evidence and was based on a lack of understanding human memory. Memory is extremely unreliable, yet the brain is very powerful and can make things be true that it wants to be true.

This happens all the the time, especially in 'conspiracy' or spiritual world. It's a distraction from difficult things the brain doesn't want to deal with. But if there's some new evidence of madella effect that's more convincing I'd be interested in looking at it.

Armadodecadron 15-05-2017 05:44 PM

I don't buy it. It's incompatible with a much more plausible phenomenon, namely chaos theory.

Let's take the titular Berenstain bears. In the -stein bears universe, the authors of the books would have been named Berenstein, as they named the bears after themselves.

That means in the -stein universe, every document, every utterance and thought related to their name, would have been different. Everyone who ever printed or wrote their name would have used a slightly different amount of ink to do it. They would have had to replace the ink slightly earlier or slightly later, which would have affected the supply and demand for ink, which would ever so slightly change shipping schedules, trade agreements, prices, and so on. Then somebody gets fired or hired because business was better or worse depending on what world you were on. They go on to lead a completely different kind of life, and meet different people at different times, and they go on to lead altered lives from that, and pretty soon your proverbial butterfly caused a hurricane.

So these people claiming to be transplants from the -stein universe wouldn't just notice a simple name change. They'd be causally incompatible with a hell of a lot more in this universe. They'd remember enough things differently for us to see them as completely insane, or at least afflicted with what we perceived as entirely faulty memories.

Maybe such people do exist, and such transplants have happened. But it ain't the people yakking about it on the internet and being excited about children's book bears, that's for goddamn sure.

This whole thing is little more than pop-culture, and it only exists because the people involved aren't taking the time to deconstruct the idea in the big picture. And when you're talking about universes, ignoring the big picture is kind of an unforgivable offense.

Goddessa 16-05-2017 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadodecadron

Maybe such people do exist, and such transplants have happened. But it ain't the people yakking about it on the internet and being excited about children's book bears, that's for goddamn sure.

This whole thing is little more than pop-culture, and it only exists because the people involved aren't taking the time to deconstruct the idea in the big picture. And when you're talking about universes, ignoring the big picture is kind of an unforgivable offense.

How can you do you know what these kind of people would do though? Especially after you said you aren't buying this and that "maybe" these people exist? Honest question here.

Anyway this theory, especially in relation to Nelson Mandela, is very intriguing. If Nelson Mandela had died in prison there really would have been some rough times in South Africa. The guy they released from prison has always seemed like a stooge to me. Someone who was released to hold the country together during the transition and to do the bidding of whoever is really in charge, probably for the sake of the economy. It is interesting that people here are strongly divided about the legacy of Nelson Mandela, some see him as some kind of saint and others see him as a sellout and someone who stifled real reconciliation.

Another interesting thing about the Mandela story specifically is that I haven't found anyone here who remembers his funeral in the 80s likes lot of people specifically in the US do. According to them, it was a televised funeral and for weeks or months after they also remember some legal wrangling a over a book (about Mandela). They also remember a speech his wife Winnie made at the funeral and it is interesting to note how completely marginalized and treated with disdain Winnie was after his release.

Armadodecadron 16-05-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goddessa
How can you do you know what these kind of people would do though? Especially after you said you aren't buying this and that "maybe" these people exist? Honest question here.

You... I... Whaaaaa? Did I just jump into an alternate earth where my previous post didn't contain a lengthy rant about the impossibility of small individual changes without massive ripple effects overwriting all of history? OH NO ITS HAPPENING WHY DID I DOUBT YOU ALL

No, wait. It's still there. That leaves you either not completely reading my post or not understanding it well enough to apply it on the personal scale. The idea is that these hypothetical people would be utterly transformed by a single, small change. They would recall substantially different worlds, not tiny individual alterations. That is what I mean when I say the people yakking about tiny changes on the internet are clearly not representative of hypothetical world jumping. They can't be because the accounts they give are functionally impossible.

Goddessa 16-05-2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadodecadron
You... I... Whaaaaa? Did I just jump into an alternate earth where my previous post didn't contain a lengthy rant about the impossibility of small individual changes without massive ripple effects overwriting all of history? OH NO ITS HAPPENING WHY DID I DOUBT YOU ALL

No, wait. It's still there. That leaves you either not completely reading my post or not understanding it well enough to apply it on the personal scale. The idea is that these hypothetical people would be utterly transformed by a single, small change. They would recall substantially different worlds, not tiny individual alterations. That is what I mean when I say the people yakking about tiny changes on the internet are clearly not representative of hypothetical world jumping. They can't be because the accounts they give are functionally impossible.

Oh ok, so you think the whole thing is "hypothetically impossible". Fine. Thanks for responding to my question ;)

Armadodecadron 16-05-2017 05:17 PM

No, I think anyone who believes this happened to them and recalls one or two small details has either a severely defective memory or poor judgment, and, apparently, crippling issues with reading comprehension.

7luminaries 16-05-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

I remember reading about the Mandela Effect a few years ago. I also remember thinking that it could explain a lot of the disillusionment that many South Africans (me included) feel about Nelson Mandela. Nelson Mandela is definitely no hero to me. He is the opposite. I've always felt a particular repulsion towards the woman he married when he got out of prison too. Someone who for me clearly radiates pure evil.

Interesting theory. Does this mean that both worlds exist at the same time?

Many worlds -- or timelines (which must exist in some sort of separate space) -- exist.

But your currently embodied consciousness is only physically local to any one timeline at any one time. Your current embodied consciousness is most resonant with the timeline (place/time or "world") that either 1) is your place of origin or 2) is very similar to your place of origin...identical out to many decimal places but containing various very small differences in its history, where some things have always existed with small differences to what you remember. No huge ripple effects noticeable, except very possibly for the growing momentum of effects on consciousness raising from the point(s) of conversion, and going forward.

There are cutting edge quantum theory "many worlds" discussions going on right now which exactly describe this...whereby if for any reason (like the Hadron super particle collider) something were to cause one universe to collapse on itself...your consciousness and all others currently extant on the timeline/universe of origin would immediately shift into the next closest timeline/universe(in similarity).

The theory is, it would be seamless and instantaneous to your perception...with the only residual being the iota of difference that naturally existed between the two very, very, very similar -- but not identical -- universes.

Don't expect most to get this. Don't rely on every memory even if your recollection tends to be visual and precise.
But do trust your strongest memories and perceptions. And don't worry about the naysayers.

The reality is, most memories in most folks are easily overwritten or adjusted, often consciously by they themselves in order to align with their current reality. The most pervasive reason for faulty memories that pertains to this topic is this tendency to override our own experiences in order to fit in with the mainstream narrative...it's just that powerful and most do it blindly and unthinkingly whenever they may happen to run up against something that oddly no longer seems to be here, or to have happened, or to have happened a certain way.

Additionally, some folks' memories are rather porous, that's true -- it's not their strong point. Fair enough. And moreover, there are some folks who only exist in this reality and never existed in the next most similar thread or bubble of reality. So Arma and many others will only ever remember the one past they know.

The experiences of others cannot and do not discount your reality, and that's the end of it :wink:

Peace & blessings :hug3:
7L

7luminaries 16-05-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Anyway this theory, especially in relation to Nelson Mandela, is very intriguing. If Nelson Mandela had died in prison there really would have been some rough times in South Africa. The guy they released from prison has always seemed like a stooge to me. Someone who was released to hold the country together during the transition and to do the bidding of whoever is really in charge, probably for the sake of the economy. It is interesting that people here are strongly divided about the legacy of Nelson Mandela, some see him as some kind of saint and others see him as a sellout and someone who stifled real reconciliation.

Another interesting thing about the Mandela story specifically is that I haven't found anyone here who remembers his funeral in the 80s likes lot of people specifically in the US do. According to them, it was a televised funeral and for weeks or months after they also remember some legal wrangling a over a book (about Mandela). They also remember a speech his wife Winnie made at the funeral and it is interesting to note how completely marginalized and treated with disdain Winnie was after his release.

Yes this is spot on and I know there are many here in the UK and in other countries worldwide who remember his televised funeral and Winnie's presence there. He was seen as a hero. Then instead...years later he was released from prison (???) and they divorced and his legacy was not as clear-cut, though still respected. Very, very odd. Among so many other things.

Peace & blessings,
7L

rodan 17-08-2017 01:37 PM

It's an interesting subject. How can so many people, millions, in some cases, believe a false memory? Collective false memories is a term thrown around now. I could understand a few people with a false memory of an event, but, millions?

Would be interesting if history would show this happening to previous generations, and articles or books even written about it, ( it wouldn't be referred to as " mandela effect ", would have been termed something else).

In my own reality, many of the subjects attributed to the Mandela Effect, I have debunked. There, are a handful, that I can't. I remember these specific events, well, falsely.

Raziel 17-08-2017 07:15 PM

Hi there,

As the great Tim White used to say "no mystery is closed, to an open mind"!

There will be lots of fakes (why I don't know) & some mis-remembering for sure but I am 100% of one thing - the movie Terminator 2.

Years ago a movie hit the cinema then about 3 years later it came to the video stores, then another 2 years later home video. When T2 arrived in video rental stores I had it reserved to collect after school. My dad knew the guy who owned it so I used to get posters or promotional stuff here & there.

At the end of the movie Sarah Connor watched her son John & grandchild in a playground talking about how the future was theirs now thanks to the Teminator (Ahnuld). Any copy I have seen after the home video release had a different ending.

On the DVD extras it is referred to as the future coda ending. But it was never released before then yet I have a clear memory of it. The logical possibility is that somehow I got the alternate ending on my copy as a mistake but way back in VHS times it was very complicated to change an ending & costly.

I saw the intended ending - for sure.

Another thing that horrified me was seeing JFK's car. I know as I know my own name that it was a 4 seat car. Every video & picture ever was 4 seats. Now however there are 6 seats. Front & passenger, Connely & his wife, John & Jackie. I have always seen Front (driver) Connely then John & Jackie.

The amount of documentaries on it I saw as a child is crazy, plus books & even photos of the car at Bethesda hospital - all showing 4 seats not 6.

It could all just be coincidences but I am also willing to listen to others as I can relate massively.

rodan 20-08-2017 04:18 PM

"Another thing that horrified me was seeing JFK's car. I know as I know my own name that it was a 4 seat car. Every video & picture ever was 4 seats. Now however there are 6 seats. Front & passenger, Connely & his wife, John & Jackie. I have always seen Front (driver) Connely then John & Jackie." end quote

Gov. Connally was sitting directly in fron of Pres. Kennedy. He was also hit with a bullet(s), supposely from one round that went through Kennedy's throat and into Gov. Connally.
Gov. Connally's wife was sitting next to the Governor. She was sitting directly in front of Jackie Kennedy.
If this was a four seat limo, that would mean Mrs. Connally would have to have been driving, and, this is not the case.
It is a six seat limo, in the front seat were two men, two secret service agents, one of them driving.
This is what I've always believed, anyway.

Raziel 20-08-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodan
in the front seat were two men, two secret service agents, one of them driving.
This is what I've always believed, anyway.

My memory:

4 seats,
front left driver - front right Connely
back left Jackie, back right JFK

:iroc:

I realise what is said now is how you describe it Rodan - hence the Mandela effect here & it's not just me.

Silver 20-08-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

It's an interesting subject. How can so many people, millions, in some cases, believe a false memory? Collective false memories is a term thrown around now. I could understand a few people with a false memory of an event, but, millions?

Would be interesting if history would show this happening to previous generations, and articles or books even written about it, ( it wouldn't be referred to as " mandela effect ", would have been termed something else).

In my own reality, many of the subjects attributed to the Mandela Effect, I have debunked. There, are a handful, that I can't. I remember these specific events, well, falsely.

Very good. It's a little hard to do a double- and sometimes triple-take and simultaneously doubt one's memory/sanity/whatev. Akin to the black cat glitch in the movie, The Matrix. I've had odd experiences that really threw me, but they weren't earth-shattering - just really super-odd.

rodan 22-08-2017 12:47 PM

I've seen reenactment videos made of the JFK assassination, one in particular, that was made for the purpose of showing the shooter's perspective from the book depository window.

In it, they use a four seater with four people sitting in it.

If you watch the Zapruder film of the actual event, you can see it's a six seater, and see two men in the front seat, Gov. Connally and wife in middle, John and Jackie in rear.

Because of all the attention on the actual shooting of Pres. Kennedy and Jackie, on the rear seat, I, personally, never really ever wondered if the limo was a four or six seater.

Because of this Mandela Effect subject, and mention of this JFK assassination event, I really didn't know, and had to think this out. I know John, Jackie, and the governor were definitely there, then, without yet looking, assumed the governor's wife was along. The thought that she wouldn't have been driving, then thought there would have to had been a limo driver.

From there, I went to youtube and watched a couple of the many films of the actual event.

My point, it wasn't until I saw this film, ( and, in my life, I've seen it many, many times ), I was not absolutely sure if it was a four or six seater. I had to check. I just wasn't absolutely sure it was a six seater.

BTW, I'm one that believes there was more than one shooter. I think Pres. Kennedy's head shot came from the front, not the depository window.

Raziel 22-08-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

If you watch the Zapruder film of the actual event, you can see it's a six seater, and see two men in the front seat, Gov. Connally and wife in middle, John and Jackie in rear.

My point, it wasn't until I saw this film, ( and, in my life, I've seen it many, many times ), I was not absolutely sure if it was a four or six seater. I had to check. I just wasn't absolutely sure it was a six seater.

BTW, I'm one that believes there was more than one shooter. I think Pres. Kennedy's head shot came from the front, not the depository window.

Thanks,

When I saw the subject of the Mandela effect I immediately thought of my Terminator two experience (please read the thread), when I dug further I saw that it is now FACT that there were 6 seats & it blew my mind.

Just like I know that I saw the future coda ending of T2 first time round - no question & it always confused me seeing different endings I also know as FACT that it was four seats in JFK's car.

Obviously both of these instances are now considered incorrect however the whole point is that theoretically the timeline changed. I remember A but you remember B. JFK alone "could" be a mistake on my part apart from me just like you having reviewed the Zapruder film and always seeing 4 seats.

If you haven't see Back to the Future 2 diverging timelines will likely be a little less simple to you than how Doc lays it out on the black board.

What makes JFK worse is that the "magic bullet" & the rest of the inconsistencies mean that it is just a mess anyway but my mind boggles at 6 people in the car just like you me telling that Ron Paul is president & you laughing until you saw the next address confirming your memory to be incorrect ... it's just weird.

There is the whole life was like/ life IS like a box of chocolates quote from Forest Gump too. That also blows my mind as it is simply insane to me that is now "life was like a box of chocolates".

My Terminator two experience is mine - waaay before the internet & the term Mandela effect & it isn't something I have heard either.

The theory is that we from timeline A have shifted consciousness to timeline B.

Clover 22-08-2017 02:21 PM

I could have sworn Jerry Lewis died almost a decade ago.. anyone else get that weird feeling with this person? I swear when I heard the news I was like, didn't this already happen?

Major woah moment here for me!

Raziel 22-08-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clover
I could have sworn Jerry Lewis died almost a decade ago.. anyone else get that weird feeling with this person?

Jerry Lee Lewis died ages ago - Jerry Lewis I'd never heard of.

EDIT: Ah just fact checked & your point is even more relevant - Jerry Lee Lewis apparently alive! *** he was deffo dead in my mind ... ?

Clover 22-08-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightoflenity
Jerry Lee Lewis died ages ago - Jerry Lewis I'd never heard of.

Jerry Lewis was a comedian icon in the United States, he would run popular telethons on TV for decades. Article . He was more my parents generation of the 50's-60's. Maybe earlier 'stroke' news in past decades tricked my mind into thinking he died..... or did I not trick myself... *twilight music*

Jerry Lee Lewis the musician was cool too. Great balls of fire! :D

Edit: I am very surprised Jerry Lee Lewis is alive actually, but I was not referring to him.

Goddessa 22-08-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clover
I could have sworn Jerry Lewis died almost a decade ago.. anyone else get that weird feeling with this person? I swear when I heard the news I was like, didn't this already happen?

Major woah moment here for me!

About a month ago I was surprised to see a recent movie where Jerry Lewis played Nicholas Cage's father. I also thought he had died many years ago.

rodan 24-08-2017 12:48 PM

We seem to all have events we remember a way and others remember another way.

Guess you could say this supports the parallel universe or many worlds theories.

I've noticed " mandela effect " in events around family and friends. In the past, I've referred to them as " glitch in the matrix ". I think I posted some of them here at this forum.

Regardless, it's a very interesting subject.

Raziel 24-08-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

We seem to all have events we remember a way and others remember another way.

Guess you could say this supports the parallel universe or many worlds theories.

I've noticed " mandela effect " in events around family and friends. In the past, I've referred to them as " glitch in the matrix ". I think I posted some of them here at this forum.

Regardless, it's a very interesting subject.

It's very easy for someone to dismiss as bad memory or information but when you know that "this" version is wrong it's jarring.

It would be like your parents names changing over night & everyone just accepting it. It is a great description "glitch" as people understand that concept & hopefully it is a window into this phenomena.

:cool:

Flameseeker 04-09-2017 02:30 PM

When I first came across the Mandela effect, many believed it was GOD showing us that something is going on, there is more than we know.

However after asking my guides, this is what I have come to conclude.
The mandela effect is not parallel universes.

It is caused by the illuminati, they have built time travel equipment at cern & they go back in history & alter things.

It is gaslightling. manipulation of humanity on a mass scale.

They seek to confuse & subdue humanity by suggesting that they do not remember correctly.

They have changed MANY bible quotes in the recent few years. All of the text to do with vaccination has been removed.

But we still remember "& I will strike down upon thee, with great vengeance & furious anger those who attempt, to poison & destroy my brothers & you will know I am the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Many may ask why GOD allows it, The earth was an experiment & as such it is a reality of free will. But the ascension of lifting the earth to a higher vibration will help humanity to see the deceptions.

7luminaries 05-09-2017 03:00 PM

As to the extent of intentional manipulation in the timeline, it's hard to say.
There is much speculation.

But it still supports the multiple timeline theory.
Remember that time and space are bound in our material realm.

So whether accidental via research or intentional via direction manipulation, the theories posit that the science alone (via CERN etc) could cause a collapse of the entire universe.

That is, if quantum tunneling effects attach to the Higgs Boson "God Particle", the chain reaction could destroy the entire universe instantly...and the theory is that we fall into the closest alternate timeline at hand, one that will be similar to but not identical to our old one. Most would never know the difference...but an increasing number do see the gaps. Hence the Mandela effects.

I will add though that since the quantum realm is also the realm of consciousness, we can and do insulate ourselves from the mad brainwashing that would occur when we are moved without our knowledge...and we do so by being present in the moment, by reflection and by conscious centreing.

Here's the joke.....
http://www.theonion.com/article/cern...arallel--55780

But here's the reality...which is that we just don't know about the quantum effects, despite how it's played down here, LOL...

http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...erse-17192502/

7L

Brucely 07-09-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flameseeker
When I first came across the Mandela effect, many believed it was GOD showing us that something is going on, there is more than we know.

However after asking my guides, this is what I have come to conclude.
The mandela effect is not parallel universes.

It is caused by the illuminati, they have built time travel equipment at cern & they go back in history & alter things.

It is gaslightling. manipulation of humanity on a mass scale.

They seek to confuse & subdue humanity by suggesting that they do not remember correctly.

They have changed MANY bible quotes in the recent few years. All of the text to do with vaccination has been removed.

But we still remember "& I will strike down upon thee, with great vengeance & furious anger those who attempt, to poison & destroy my brothers & you will know I am the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Many may ask why GOD allows it, The earth was an experiment & as such it is a reality of free will. But the ascension of lifting the earth to a higher vibration will help humanity to see the deceptions.

Thats some heavy stuff

marshmallow10 16-09-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keokutah
Also, in Forest Gump, it was always "Life IS like a box of chocolates" and now it's not.

It is "life is like a box of chocolates". Isn't it? That's something I am sure of, I've heard it so many times.

Raziel 16-09-2017 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshmallow10
It is "life is like a box of chocolates". Isn't it? That's something I am sure of, I've heard it so many times.

Nope .. but I agree with you 100% - it's not quite as strong a feeling for me as T2 or JFK but I know everything said "life is like" ... adverts & posters..

0.35 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJh59vZ8ccc
1.20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqOnkiQRCUU

They never say the famous quote... ?

It's possible some editing room rejigging happened after the movie run but I have seen this at home many times too.

7luminaries 16-09-2017 07:21 PM

I was visiting a german friend in the US many yrs ago when I was travelling during and after uni. She got a couple bottles of this beer out and said how glad she was to find a good pilsner in a mainstream US beer. It was Miller Draft, not the light beer. It had a beautiful label with medium and dark blues and red and some design or picture. No white or or light colours. I remember at the time there were really no good craft beers there or very few outside big cities, so it was pretty easy to remember.

Recently, years later when I went back, I was in a spirit shop and happened to take a look, I only saw one kind of bottle and label on display for Miller Draft and it was totally alien and weird looking. It was totally, 100% different.

Being gluten free, I have not had a beer for many years, but recently after recalling how weird that seemed, I did a quick online search and I have not found this label anywhere under any brand, although online I found pics of a totally diff black label that was a little bit more similar in bottle shape but otherwise totally different. And now it supposedly no longer existed during the time I last saw it, a few years back.

This is not a life changing thing, of course.
But it is weird. Especially because it was unexpected.

Peace & blessings,
7L

marshmallow10 17-09-2017 01:59 AM

Quote:

Nope .. but I agree with you 100% - it's not quite as strong a feeling for me as T2 or JFK but I know everything said "life is like" ... adverts & posters..

0.35 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJh59vZ8ccc
1.20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqOnkiQRCUU

They never say the famous quote... ?

It's possible some editing room rejigging happened after the movie run but I have seen this at home many times too.

I only recently heard about the Mandela effect and I'm pretty sure it's Berenstein Bears and "Luke, I am your father". But I started to doubt myself, maybe I made a mistake. But this is something I am very very sure of and it's creeping me out! This is how I remember it.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XQm60JQKps

It's a different camera angle as well. Maybe it was changed recently for the DVD release? If not, this is very strange. Was just sounds wrong, I've never heard "like was a box like a box of chocolates" until today.

Raziel 18-09-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshmallow10
I only recently heard about the Mandela effect and I'm pretty sure it's Berenstein Bears and "Luke, I am your father". But I started to doubt myself, maybe I made a mistake. But this is something I am very very sure of and it's creeping me out! This is how I remember it.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XQm60JQKps

It's a different camera angle as well. Maybe it was changed recently for the DVD release? If not, this is very strange. Was just sounds wrong, I've never heard "like was a box like a box of chocolates" until today.

YES!

Wow I wonder why it was changed - you actually have proof there.

Just goes to show that anything can disappear down the memory hole. Lucas was an obsessive for tinkering with star wars so I would guess that at the cinema it was "Luke, I am your father" but maybe VHS used a dubbed line.

I only saw them on VHS but remember the "Luke, I am your father" so it could have been the special edition which was much later, but still VHS.

Lucas has never been consistent - I remember him saying that the movies were really the story of the droids - hence them being in everything - he then said it was Anakins story.

marshmallow10 20-09-2017 01:05 AM

Quote:

YES!

Wow I wonder why it was changed - you actually have proof there.

Just goes to show that anything can disappear down the memory hole. Lucas was an obsessive for tinkering with star wars so I would guess that at the cinema it was "Luke, I am your father" but maybe VHS used a dubbed line.

I only saw them on VHS but remember the "Luke, I am your father" so it could have been the special edition which was much later, but still VHS.

Lucas has never been consistent - I remember him saying that the movies were really the story of the droids - hence them being in everything - he then said it was Anakins story.

You can also see it's filmed from a different angle as well. That's how I remember that scene. When I clicked on your links the first though I had was how strange it looked, I didn't remember seeing that scene filmed from the front, I remember it from the side.

7luminaries 22-04-2018 06:08 PM

I had another personal Mandela moment last night.

My brother and his fam came up to mum's to help with some spring cleaning.
After din the adults were in the kitchen over coffee and talk got onto pets.
They were talking about a stray kitten in their neighborhood that bit my brother last year and then ran off.
With woods nearby and no way to track it, he and my sister in law mentioned he had to get "a rabies shot".

I said oh that's too bad, you already had to get that done before.
He said, no that's the time from last year I already told you about.
(I had never heard this story before, so I assumed he'd forgotten he'd never mentioned it to me).

Then I said but you already had to get the shots before when you were little and that kitten bit you.
Then he said no, that had never happened (or he didn't remember, maybe...strange though -- he was 5 or 6).
And then mum -- who should have remembered and is still quite youthful and sharp -- said no you're confused, that was tetanus. (??? that is 1 shot and normally in the arm)

I said, no I recall he got bit at the church out in the yard by a stray kitten which then disappeared and he had to get a series of rabies shots in his stomach and I felt so bad for him at the time (as he hated shots then).

They repeated no it didn't happen. He only recalled getting rabies shots last year involving a different kitten.

So apparently, unless dad recalls (his memory is not always on for details) -- I have to assume that as of right now, what I remember happening to my brother no longer happened as I remember it. And that it now occurred many years later. Yet I can still recall the event and when and where it happened.

How weird is that? Yet, for me, it's common enough that I just accept that this phenomenon occurs.

What this means is...something has shifted again, and also that deeper change is possible and in fact constantly occuring...even when we cannot always see, feel, touch, or otherwise perceive it as concretely as we'd lile.

And so...though I don't have all the information, I still think, hope, and choose to believe this change or shift is, like all the rest, ultimately all to the good :smile:

Has anyone else noticed anything different of late, perhaps in the last few days or week or so?

7L