Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Past Lives & Reincarnation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Highest Birth? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130239)

ketzer 03-07-2019 10:55 AM

Highest Birth?

Some teaching say that when one is reincarnated, the highest and rarest of births is human birth.
Do you agree or disagree?
Why?
What advantages might there be to not being born as a human?

Optional: Assume you did believe in reincarnation.
Just for fun, if not human, and you were forced to pick a birth that is highest, what would you guess it would be?

Colorado 05-07-2019 05:12 AM

I think so...with the knowledge that I currently have. Animals, and mammals...are so innocent and instinctive. Their conscious doesnt question, or eat away at them...like the human conscious does.They are here mainly to survive, breed, live in nature, and keep an equalibrium in the ecosystem.

Humans, are much more complicated....their mental and emotional capacity is very complicated, shrowded in questions, and full of the yang paradox. Maybe we just created that lifestyle...we are at once, highly intelligent....and yet, highly destructive.

Colorado 07-07-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado
I think so...with the knowledge that I currently have. Animals, and mammals...are so innocent and instinctive. Their conscious doesnt question, or eat away at them...like the human conscious does.They are here mainly to survive, breed, live in nature, and keep an equalibrium in the ecosystem.

Humans, are much more complicated....their mental and emotional capacity is very complicated, shrowded in questions, and full of the yang paradox. Maybe we just created that lifestyle...we are at once, highly intelligent....and yet, highly destructive.

And for this reason..
We might be the lowest. I guess it depends on your perspective.
The Bible does say....the meek shall inherit the earth.

ketzer 07-07-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

And for this reason..
We might be the lowest. I guess it depends on your perspective.
The Bible does say....the meek shall inherit the earth.

It does say that, but it doesn't say what will be left of it.

Greenslade 08-07-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Their conscious doesnt question, or eat away at them...like the human conscious does.

Isn't that a state of Nirvana, bliss, just being.... just like so many other states Spiritual masters are trying to attain? Surprisingly enough you wouldn't believe how instinctive being Spiritual is, because psychologically it can be a survival mechanism. Often the choice isn't yours, it's made for you by your survival instincts and your subconscious some 200ms before your conscious mind becomes aware of it.

Lynn 08-07-2019 02:30 PM

Hello

If I am to go with a Past Life Regression I had once where we looked at our first life, I was not human but rodent. Lookin at that life and that death event I had, I do not seem much difference from being a human life.

I lived, I had a family, I sadly got killed and left my babies to perish.

I experienced the same life cycle one does as a human, I live, reproduced and died. Just in a different form is all.

I do not feel that any form we might well come in as is highest, more its experience. Its all one vast Universe yet we do not know what all is out there and maybe what is out there does not know of us. Maybe we can be a part of it all in experience ?

Lynn

Jainarayan 08-07-2019 02:45 PM

The Hindu belief is that human birth is the highest. However, it doesn't mean that if you take a human birth once that you will be born human again, or will attain moksha after this life. A human can fall down again and again based on the karmic balance and new karma created.

Jyotir 08-07-2019 04:39 PM

All life is equal because all life in any form is essentially the Highest.

However, one needs a human incarnation to self-consciously realize this.
Certainly animals cannot do this.
Even the gods have to take human incarnation to have this experience which does lead to the Highest, even surpassing the gods themselves.

Human birth is the rarest and gives the possibility of realizing the Highest.

But it doesn’t end there.

Rarer still is the birth of divinity within a human life - awakening - which begins the life of conscious spiritual aspiration.

Rarer still is then receiving a true teaching which facilitates that spiritual aspiration which leads to realisation.

iamthat 08-07-2019 07:44 PM

Esoteric philosophy states that those in the human kingdom have left the animal kingdom behind and will not incarnate in a lower kingdom.

If we consider the subtle bodies and the kingdoms then:
The mineral kingdom has a physical and etheric body.
The vegetable kingdom has a physical/etheric body and a rudimentary emotional body.
The animal kingdom has a physical/etheric body, a more developed emotional body and a rudimentary mental body.
The human kingdom has physical/etheric, emotional and mental bodies all at varying stages of development, plus higher spiritual bodies which in most cases are undeveloped.

In terms of human development there is no purpose to be served in incarnating in the lower kingdoms.

Peace.

WildHairedWoman 09-07-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

That is exactly why I think humans are not the highest consciousness. Besides, Elephants, Whales and Dolphins have larger brains and language. And we know that Elephants mourn their dead. We know very little of Whlaes and Dolphins because we think of them a "mere animals". They don't have technology that we can discern but maybe technology is not a good measure.

Altair 09-07-2019 03:47 PM

There is no 'higher' or 'lower'. It's only from our point of view that such hierarchies are 'seen'. I'm sure the angels and 'higher' beings are prone to such thinking as well, and they're just as much guessing about the mystery that is existence. They may all have more *knowledge* about the universe, and be incarnated in a nice place for millions of years because of good actions but it doesn't mean they're all-knowing..
OTOH, a lot of humans do seem to have the right amount of suffering overall yet not too much enjoyment either..

But every life form is unique. I do agree human life is very precious spiritually because of the potential, though it doesn't make us higher or better, just lucky. In any case, our 'privileged' position and unimaginable, large impact indicates we have a responsibility.

FairyCrystal 09-07-2019 04:25 PM

I did not vote as I feel the choices aren't correct.
You have to look at the purpose of life on Earth. This place was created for Souls to incarnate in a physical body and to experience duality and to learn to in spite of that create a healthy society.
As such humans are highest as it was created for us. Animals come in for other reasons, basically to assist us. And of course they too learn and evolve as they do so.
Dolphins have a very high consciousness and awareness, possibly higher than people. But they too have come here to help us. Their purpose it to bring joy. Not the conditional joy you may feel when you get a compliment or have a nice moment. The unconditional joy which remains regardless, even when you are going through a rougher time. The joy that will then still be there at your core.
Some animals have a seemingly higher purpose than others, like the dolpins, whales, and lions etc., but that is seemingly. In the whole each and everyone is as important as the other. Just that we may feel more affinity with one type, especially our pets of course. But also the concept of totem/power animals is based on this. Sometimes you need the specific energy of an animal, sometimes for a short time, other times for years.

Like we have our origins on another planet or star, so do animals. Cats, lions (all felines) and rabbits for instance come from Orion. That's what makes it such a nice joke that the cat in MiB 1 was called Orion :) Sharks come from Mars. I believe their role has to do with leadership, but don't quote me on that, haha.
That's why I feel the options of the vote aren't really correct as thinking in the old paradigm of hierarchy of animals and humans on our planet is 3D thinking.

Diana Cooper has written a book about this all, an oracle deck, free to watch YouTube clips and webinar on YouTube and so on.
But I also know this info/wisdom from other sources.

ceidauilyc 09-07-2019 04:42 PM

All births or forms of life experience are equal.
I feel we haven't unlocked the consciousness of other beings, therefore it exists. They do sentient things. They are conscious, so how are we superior. We are just a chance of nature just as the others are.

iamthat 09-07-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceidauilyc
All births or forms of life experience are equal.
I feel we haven't unlocked the consciousness of other beings, therefore it exists. They do sentient things. They are conscious, so how are we superior. We are just a chance of nature just as the others are.

As Altair mentions, it comes down to the potential for human development, although I don't think this is anything to do with being lucky. Some animal species may be highly developed, but their potential for further development is restricted by the limitations of the forms they work through. We humans have barely scratched the surface of what it means to have a human body.

And all this is restricted to life within the Earth scheme. Beyond this particular scheme I suspect there are other lives who would consider human consciousness as being relatively low.

Peace.