Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   I learned a secret about God and surrender (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117943)

shivatar 27-10-2017 12:25 AM

I learned a secret about God and surrender

I'm finally ready to admit God is greater than me. I surrender. Treat me right baby, I'm all yours.

naturesflow 27-10-2017 01:07 AM

Good luck.

I remember when I entered this space and my gf said to me, be careful for what you wish for. I panicked a little, then the fireworks started...

The greater is an interesting place to be a part of, but then it seems to me that we are taken care of,when we let go and enter into it in us first... I can say that now of course.

shivatar 27-10-2017 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturesflow
Good luck.

I remember when I entered this space and my gf said to me, be careful for what you wish for. I panicked a little, then the fireworks started...

The greater is an interesting place to be a part of, but then it seems to me that we are taken care of,when we let go and enter into it in us first... I can say that now of course.

Right. God was always trying to comfort me and let me know it's safe enough to let go. Patient enough to give me the time I needed to work through the pride on my own.

Rayden_Greywolf 27-10-2017 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivatar
I'm finally ready to admit God is greater than me. I surrender. Treat me right baby, I'm all yours.

Care to elaborate?

Kerubiel 27-10-2017 02:37 AM

Congrats. I remember when I first gave my life to God. It was a joyous time in my life. Since God knows everything and I know so little it seemed like the right thing to do. Surrender. At first I said I needed to keep some of my choice for me and my freedom but over the years I grew closer to Him and loved Him so much I gave myself completely to Him.

naturesflow 27-10-2017 02:37 AM

Quote:

Right. God was always trying to comfort me and let me know it's safe enough to let go. Patient enough to give me the time I needed to work through the pride on my own.

Pride creates a personal elevation your something special, so the ego will hold on believing that's it... You are special but the deeper realizations of you and the greater (life itself) require you to build deep trust and surrender to build a life as all that. We beat ourselves up in lots of ways. When you enter into a more connected conversation in yourself that you believe is on your side, you can end that inner war and move yourself more connected and aware and then of course its more safe to let go. I know this all too well.

jorddy 27-10-2017 05:03 AM

hehehe. Beautiful :)

Jeremy Bong 27-10-2017 07:54 AM

Quote:

There's a different between your pride is you as your boss or other as your boss. If it's the later then that pride is sadness.

Kioma 28-10-2017 04:15 AM

Quote:

That was my spiritual awakening. The universe is bigger than I am. God, who gives/sustains the universe, is greater than I am.

Once one sees 'through' their own perception - their own conceptions - ones mind is open, IMO.

wstein 28-10-2017 04:36 AM

Quote:

Greater perhaps, but not your nurse maid.