Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Taoism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Naturalness (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=89142)

Hermes 01-08-2015 09:12 PM

Naturalness

Anyone have any advice on how to be natural?

chevron1 11-08-2015 10:17 AM

enter a day-long meditative state which suppresses control by the mind. in other words, you enter a meditative state but don't come out of it. then you are most natural because your mind's predilections don't interfere with your actions. of course, you do have to be careful to avoid situations detrimental to your health. you could prolong the meditative by using acupressure to activate a calming or restful nerve.

TaoSandwich 11-08-2015 07:08 PM

Simply notice what you do that is artificial and refrain from doing it. It may take a long, long time before you see true progress, but the process is often incremental. To Chevron's point, meditation is a helpful practice.

-TaoSandwich

Saggi 27-09-2015 01:17 AM

Wake up, live your day, go to sleep,,,

Surely, 'entering' a meditation is not a natural state, if meditative is natural you would just be in it anyway? :confused:

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

sky 03-10-2015 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saggi
Wake up, live your day, go to sleep,,,

Surely, 'entering' a meditation is not a natural state, if meditative is natural you would just be in it anyway? :confused:

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Meditation is a natural state, similar to sleeping....

Saggi 04-10-2015 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Meditation is a natural state, similar to sleeping....

Yes,,,

Not if you have to 'enter' it tho

If it is as natural as sleeping you would just be in it, just like you don't need to be in a bed to sleep,,,

When you have to 'enter' a meditative state you are merely practicing

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

sky 05-10-2015 01:10 PM

Jo, I think your understanding of meditation is what is stopping you understand that it is a natural state, there are many ways to meditate without having to ' enter '

For example, the space between each thought is nothingness, this is a meditative state without having to ' enter ' it just is, as natural as breathing.

Saggi 05-10-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Jo, I think your understanding of meditation is what is stopping you understand that it is a natural state, there are many ways to meditate without having to ' enter '

For example, the space between each thought is nothingness, this is a meditative state without having to ' enter ' it just is, as natural as breathing.

I also think your understanding of what I mean is stopping you understand what I am saying :smile:

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

sky 05-10-2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saggi
I also think your understanding of what I mean is stopping you understand what I am saying :smile:

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Your lack of response proves that your not ready to understand what meditation is, not a problem. When the times right we all learn :biggrin:

Saggi 05-10-2015 04:31 PM

Quote:

Your lack of response proves that your not ready to understand what meditation is, not a problem. When the times right we all learn :biggrin:

Indeed :smile:

Enjoy your journey :hug:

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx