Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   A Riddle from Spirit (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127921)

Sojourner2013 11-02-2019 04:43 PM

A Riddle from Spirit

Hello All,

I am asking for input regarding a riddle I received from Spirit during meditation. It was in regards to a family member that is displaying all the symptoms of NPD and there is concern with him.

THe problem with NPD (narcissistic pers. disorder) is that the person can't bring themselves to believe they have a problem. In order to get professional help, they would have to admit there is something wrong/unhealthy about their behavior--which goes completely against the whole NPD situation. People with NPD typically will not seek help unless it is somehow court-ordered or mandated. Even then, they go through the motions because their mentality won't admit an issue.

Anyways, I asked Spirit about the situation. Sometimes Spirit gives me a riddle which I can usually figure out, but this one has me somewhat stumped. I'm asking you if you have any idea how the riddle could be answered.

Here it is: How do you make a tiger aware of its lethalness?

I appreciate any input you can offer.:D

noyan 11-02-2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Hello All,

Anyways, I asked Spirit about the situation. Sometimes Spirit gives me a riddle which I can usually figure out, but this one has me somewhat stumped. I'm asking you if you have any idea how the riddle could be answered.

Give/show it a mirror to look at

sky 11-02-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

Hello All,

I am asking for input regarding a riddle I received from Spirit during meditation. It was in regards to a family member that is displaying all the symptoms of NPD and there is concern with him.

THe problem with NPD (narcissistic pers. disorder) is that the person can't bring themselves to believe they have a problem. In order to get professional help, they would have to admit there is something wrong/unhealthy about their behavior--which goes completely against the whole NPD situation. People with NPD typically will not seek help unless it is somehow court-ordered or mandated. Even then, they go through the motions because their mentality won't admit an issue.

Is it lethal? If a Tiger could speak it would tell you it's just following it's natural behavior :smile:

SaraTherase 12-02-2019 11:37 AM

Hello :smile:

I feel this is a rhetorical question as oppose to a riddle as you simply can not make a tiger aware of its lethal ness.

I think the real question here is why are you focusing your energy upon someone's else's problem which can only be fixed or at the very least recognized by them when you should be focusing your energy on your own problems.

Often when one wants to fix, heal or rescue someone, that desire is mearly a reflection of a unmet or unseen need within us to fix something within ourselves. Its similar to projection and as those around us and in our lives are often reflections of ourselves it can be a really constructive and helpful indication that we need to look more greatly within ourselves at our defects especially when our perceptions are coming from a place of unintentional judgement.

You could choose to ask this person if they are ok and let them know that your there for them if they ever want someone to talk to. You can choose to tell this person your concerns about them and voice your care. You can choose to accept that its there life and up to them how they choose to behave and treat others. You can choose to distance yourself or put space in between you and this person if there choices and behaviour is effecting you adversely. You can choose to place your energy and attention elsewhere. The choice is yours..

I speak from a place of love from personal experience and hope that you understand what I'm saying.

John32241 12-02-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Hi,

For things like this which are not Self Evident, I suggest do nothing. You can be careful when dealing with the tiger. If asked why than be clear in your answer. Awarness must be discovered, not taught to some one.

We all have some thing called free choice. The creator designed us that way. A wise person will understand this and emulate that principal.

John

Ciona 12-02-2019 04:58 PM

A tiger is already quite aware of his lethalness, that's you're answer.

He might be majestic, lazy, and cool while sunning himself on a rock. But he knows what he can do at any moment he feels like it because he's a cat.

This being the case, I agree with others here. The answer is acceptance, in the sense of and embracing of the facts and leave off.

Ordnael 12-02-2019 08:26 PM

If you're the only creature of the forest annoyed by the tiger's behavior then you will have to deal with it on your own. But if others are also in agreement then you all should go together talk with the tiger, and if he values your opinions he will have to listen and change the attitude.

Sojourner2013 12-02-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Hello All,

Thank you all for your input.

I was seeking a spiritual answer to a spiritual riddle. I provided the backdrop only to give texture to the riddle for better understanding. I know there is a spiritual answer to this riddle, as that is how my spiritual posse works sometimes.

My background, prior to becoming a mother, is in mental health. During graduate school, I worked with at-risk youth. One client, a 16-y-o young man, suffered with NPD and narcissistic rage. If you have ever seen someone experiencing narcissistic rage, it is a very dangerous place to be. This client, during a rage, attacked a school security officer and put him in a coma.

This young man, who was in great psychological pain, was looking at some serious charges and prison if the officer didn’t survive. People who go into narcissistic rage typically get triggered suddenly, unexpectedly and usually do not remember what happened during the episode. They basically check out.

Thus, my concern for this individual. But I’m not seeking an intervention, a group therapy session, etc. I am simply seeking a spiritual answer to a spiritual riddle that I was given.

I would just like to add that angry replies to other people’s posts speaks to something else that has nothing to do with me.

I have learned this lesson: Anger is a GIFT. Anger is a symptom of feeling powerless. Angry replies allow some release from that feeling, but certainly not remedy. Anger is a gift because it is a GPS as to where the issue of powerlessness hides. Objectivity gets compromised when we don’t know where our wounds lay.

Thank you again for any spiritual answers to the riddle that you can provide.
:hug3:

JustBe 14-02-2019 04:58 AM

Quote:

Hello All,

You don’t make a tiger aware of its true nature. It learns itself through the nature of what is. It’s nature knows as it only knows. Everyone else looking in can determine what it needs, but as a seed of life it functions as itself, within the space of life it’s connected too. In the wild it’s about survival and it learns how to survive up against life around it. We are a part of nature. Each of us unique living and surviving as we are, one with life around us. Sometimes it’s not about the other but you the one aware to live and learn about those who may not be able like you. An inclusive awareness understands the deeper relationship of all life connected.

Sojourner2013 14-02-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustBe
You don’t make a tiger aware of its true nature. It learns itself through the nature of what is. It’s nature knows as it only knows. Everyone else looking in can determine what it needs, but as a seed of life it functions as itself, within the space of life it’s connected too. In the wild it’s about survival and it learns how to survive up against life around it. We are a part of nature. Each of us unique living and surviving as we are, one with life around us. Sometimes it’s not about the other but you the one aware to live and learn about those who may not be able like you. An inclusive awareness understands the deeper relationship of all life connected.

Hi JustBe,
I understand your sentiment.

Let’s go a step further with this. Let’s say you have a circus lion, a zoo lion, a car safari lion and a savannah lion. Each has its own awareness about humans.

What keeps the circus lion from biting off the head of the lion tamer when he does his circus act from , say, the savannah lion who has little to no contact with humans?

I once saw a herd of wild horses in the Colorado mountains. It was a beautiful sight to see these majestic animals running around in complete natural freedom. I asked my friend, a hunting guide, about them, as I could see there were several different breeds. He said, “You’ll never catch one of those horses. Those are horses that broke away from the farms. They know captivity.” It made the sighting that much more beautiful.

I understand nature, freedom, oneness. But what separates the circus lion from the savannah lion?

By the way, the Dalai Lama has a video out (on Feb 11th) about emotions. A must see.