Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Hinduism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   God and prana. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=124500)

blueheart 13-08-2018 06:04 AM

God and prana.

What is the relationship between God and what is called prana?

So, she is the vital energy, life giving force, right?

But, isn't God the source of all ? May be God works through her, I don't know.

From my experience, prana is definately not conscious of herself. Acts more like an animal, that doesn't realise its own existence...

Any thoughts ?

peteyzen 13-08-2018 07:46 AM

Hi Blue heart, here is my understanding,
Prana is a divine energy.
Prana is the energy that underpins life and existence.
it is not separate from God, merely an aspect of it.
Prana can be directed by focus of the human will. This can be done for self healing, healing others, and as is sometimes used in the martial arts (chi) for destruction.
There is nothing that is not God, so, Prana is part of that oneness, brought into existence by the divine for our venture here on the physical plane.

Shivani Devi 13-08-2018 07:50 AM

Namaste.

I like to think of Prana as being "the Divine breath of God" - continually exhaling, so we may inhale it with the air and allow it to fill up our entire being.

blueheart 13-08-2018 10:14 AM

Thank you both, this helps.

Miss Hepburn 13-08-2018 12:24 PM

Gregg Braden will explain it and using quantum physics, too...along with ancient texts.
Youtube
:smile:

blueheart 13-08-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Gregg Braden will explain it and using quantum physics, too...along with ancient texts.
Youtube
:smile:

I am going to check it out later. Thanks. :)

blueheart 13-08-2018 01:19 PM

One more thing - is prana inside non-living things ?

peteyzen 21-08-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueheart
One more thing - is prana inside non-living things ?

Great question, yes Prana pervades all aspects of existence

BigJohn 17-09-2018 02:37 AM

God? which God?

The Supreme God Trimurti?

The God people have mostly forgotten.

Shivani Devi 17-09-2018 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
God? which God?

The Supreme God Trimurti?

The God people have mostly forgotten.

Namaste.

I only thought there was only one God, but many aspects of it.

In the beginning, there was Agama Hindu Dharma. The Trimurti was worshipped through the colours of Red (Brahma), Blue/Black (Wisnu) and White (Siwa)...it was a 'three-in-one" Deity, with each head representing one of the Gunas...Satyam, Rajas and Tamo respectively and there was the one God who performed the acts of creation, preservation and dissolution respectively...as each season is just a microcosm of the great Pralaya and the reincarnation of consciousness up until that point.

In the beginning, Shivani was taught Hinduism in Bali, Indonesia....the exact way it was taught and practiced during the Majapahit Empire around the same time as the destruction of the Chola Dynasty...but Shivani did not feel comfortable with the Trimurti at all...she always thought "why have three Gods do the work of One?" then, of course she often wondered why Lord Shiva has a Trishula, Three-Eyes, Three lines of Vibhuti on His forehead...likes Bilva leaves and then Shivani thought..."why do I need any other 'God' when the 'three-in-one' God is right here, in front of me?"

....and that, my dear friends, is exactly how I became a Shaivite.

Aum Namah Shivaya