Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Experiencing the Infinite (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128555)

IndigoGeminiWolf 18-03-2019 11:48 PM

Experiencing the Infinite

Can you handle the infinite if you're not ready for it?
Is it very subtle?
Or is it powerful and immense?

Can I experience the infinite by looking at a rock, or a stream?

Or is it always a mind-blowing experience?

I've heard we are infinite beings. Basically we are gods who are veiled.

What would happen if we came into our infinite nature? If we began to understand that? Would it make us the most humble people?

Would it make us long to serve others in a more definite manner?

JustBe 19-03-2019 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoGeminiWolf
Is it very subtle?

What would happen if we came into our infinite nature? If we began to understand that? Would it make us the most humble people?

Opening to your true self, that infinite well within we call source, is everything we are and can experience through ourselves. So it’s in the smallest, most subtle moment and connection or the grandest mind blowing moment and connection. It’s within everything and the more conscious you are, the more you experience yourself in this way, which is why self defines and leads the experience. It comes through you. We are both learning and experiencing, so it’s s combined understanding. Humility is part of deeper connection in self.

Miss Hepburn 19-03-2019 02:21 AM

Um, it's kinda sweet...and you laugh a lot...:smile:
Like a little kid, free and having no restrictions or parents around...giddy...it's wondrous...

Unseeking Seeker 19-03-2019 02:45 AM

Shifting from ‘what if’ to ‘what is’
Ends the mental quiz
The cogniser
Does disappear
To resurrect, reappear
Devoid of fear
As the IS presence
Love energised innocence
Embracing reception
Outpouring transmission
Of Love Absolute

In truth

wstein 19-03-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

No. Most likely you just won't experience the fullness of it (even if you think you did.
Quote:

Is it very subtle?

Definitely. OK, the direct experience is more vast than powerful. The implications are very subtle (yet extremely far reaching).
Quote:

'At', Unlikely. 'In', possibly. Look very very deep INTO the rock you got a chance.
Quote:

Yes, the poor brain is not ready for infinity.
Quote:

Being infinite makes you a god, yet you are the same relative size you have always been. Probably no one has told you that infinity comes in various sizes.
Quote:

Even just grasping infinity is enough for profound change. In a sense it makes one humble, but more accurately it removes any sense of the importance of 'size'.
Quote:

NO. It does not inspire nor compel one to service.

----------------------
[advanced] If you think you are ready and want a hint how to experience the infinite:
1. stand in an area without any sharp or hard objects around (I suggest a large rug or a grass field)
2. close your eyes and 'look' around for the infinite (it's hard to miss, it's very big)
3. when you find it in your mind's eye, stare it down. Yes literally have a staring contest with infinity
4. do your best to remain standing, yes you might fall over, refer to step 1. If you do fall over keep staring it down

----------------------
[Very advanced] realizing/experiencing the cascade of infinities that are more commonly referred to as scales/scopes/dimensions/planes/levels flattens everything to the same effective size. There are always an infinite number of bigger/more powerful levels/things/beings than you. Similarly there always an infinite number of smaller/less powerful levels/things/beings than you. As such there is NO point in striving to move up/on/over to another 'level'. You can't chase down the infinite a step at a time no matter how fast you are nor how big the steps you take.

God-Like 19-03-2019 09:20 AM

One cannot experience the infinite, it would be likened to the drop in the ocean experiencing the entire ocean.

One can however realize the infinite beyond the awareness of the drop..

The drop can live life as a drop with the realization in effect but the entire ocean will not be lived / experienced / expressed through the drop ..

This is why there are infinite drops ..

x daz x

Lady Sarah 21-03-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Is it very subtle?

In a very real sense, we live in an infinite universe which is mysterious to us.

Mathematics studies infinity (In calculus in which the derivative/aniti-derivative of a function are defined as infinite sums of infinitesimals (Infinity small numbers)) and the physical sciences such as physics are looking for ways to adopt into their theories of reality (Such as asking if space is infinite or is more like a sphere or some other geometry at the largest scales).

I think Vsauce's infinity video series is really eye-opening to some of the questions posed by infinity, and how we relate to it, whether physics and reality itself uses infinity and what that means for us.

I would post the URL, but I don't have that privilige yet :D. You can find it on Youtube, search for "Vsauce: How to Count Past Infinity", I can't recommend the video enough.

IndigoGeminiWolf 21-03-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Sarah
In a very real sense, we live in an infinite universe which is mysterious to us.

Mathematics studies infinity (In calculus in which the derivative/aniti-derivative of a function are defined as infinite sums of infinitesimals (Infinity small numbers)) and the physical sciences such as physics are looking for ways to adopt into their theories of reality (Such as asking if space is infinite or is more like a sphere or some other geometry at the largest scales).

I think Vsauce's infinity video series is really eye-opening to some of the questions posed by infinity, and how we relate to it, whether physics and reality itself uses infinity and what that means for us.

I would post the URL, but I don't have that privilige yet :D. You can find it on Youtube, search for "Vsauce: How to Count Past Infinity", I can't recommend the video enough.

I watched it. Good video. But experiencing the infinite is different from infinite numbers. It cannot be conceptualized.

wstein 22-03-2019 02:11 AM

Vsauce: How to Count Past Infinity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrU9YDoXE88

Rah nam 22-03-2019 08:14 AM

Quote:

Is it very subtle?

Can we handle it? It depends which part of it.

Just to give an idea of the differences with the infinite, or the One, and we are all part of the same, the One, I asked (actually I demanded) a connection with the highest aspect of my Self, the one I know as Whan tar, I could handle his energy for about 3 seconds, perhaps less. He gave me a message and I let go of it. Now he is still a few levels from source. Perhaps not a few, but what I am trying to say is, you can look at a rock or tree and you look at the infinite, or you look at a sixth or seventh density being, part of the One infinite, yet very different. I had many connection with source, but always filtered through some other parts of my Self.