Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Did Jesus Meditate (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119963)

Gar81 14-01-2018 07:10 AM

Did Jesus Meditate

Hey all

It’s considering Jesus level of spiritual development I’m thinking he must have meditated, also I have been told that’s what he did for 40 days in the dessert. What do ye think.

Inika 14-01-2018 08:42 AM

yep. sure did.

meditate on god, meditate on gods word.

he'd even pray. and showed the people how.

Gar81 14-01-2018 09:19 AM

I came across something very interesting yesterday and it was about how Jesus spent time in India in his youth for 6 years, learning a lot of Buddhist and Hindu teachings and meditations. He apparently spent time in a monastery near the Himalayas. Then in the early 1900s a Russian explorer in the Himalayas Nicholas Notovich broke his leg and spent time recovering in this monastery and an old monk began telling him the story of Jesus staying there, the explorer was shown manuscripts which were wrote at the time Jesus stayed there and documented his life. When Nicholas Notovich recovered and got the manuscript translated he showed it to the world but much of the catholic and Indian faith said he and the manuscript was a fake. A famous Indian swami and critic of the manuscript actually went out to the monastery to examine it himself, he changed his mind and he agreed it was real , followed later by a scientist who also said it was real. Basically most of the manuscript said Jesus mediated intenseiy and taught it to others. If anyone is interested in reading this google Nicholas Notovich. I’m also wondering why in the catholic faith meditation is frowned upon and not a lot of mentioned in the bible, but I’m no expert either!

FallingLeaves 14-01-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gar81
I’m also wondering why in the catholic faith meditation is frowned upon and not a lot of mentioned in the bible, but I’m no expert either!

it is pretty simple. They frown upon anything that would have a chance of loosening their control of the populace. Whether or not it was originally mentioned in the bible I don't know, but I am aware of them editing out other stuff that didn't go along with their 'control' agenda.

FairyCrystal 14-01-2018 05:24 PM

Why would he?
The only reason we need to meditate is that we cannot hold on to higher vibrations all day long. We lose it because of day-to-day life.
As soon as we are able to not lose it anymore, we also don't need to meditate anymore.
Meditating is only needed to quiet your mind, get tuned in, tapped in, turned on to your inner guidance and thus Source.
Maybe Jesus needed this when he was younger and still learning, dunno. But as the living breathing Lightworker he was? Must say I seriously doubt it. How could he have done what he did if he couldn't hold on to his high vibration?
Would he have told ppl who came to him for help and healing "Sorry, I need to meditate first, come back in the afternoon when I'm on my high flying disk again!" or something?

iamthat 14-01-2018 06:58 PM

There are many reasons to meditate, whatever our state of consciousness. None of us know what Jesus may or may not have done. Unfortunately the Bible is not a reliable source of information.

However, Jesus can be regarded as a great yogi who supposedly spent time in India, and for those who can read between the lines, the Bible is filled with yogic references. For example, the popular idea that Jesus was crucified at the age of 33 can be considered as a reference to the 33 vertebrae in the spine, and the raising of the kundalini. And the famous quote "if thine eye be single thy whole body shall be full of light" seems to be a clear reference to the opening of the ajna chakra.

It is interesting that the Ancient Wisdom differentiates between Jesus and the Christ. Jesus is considered to be an initiate of a certain level who was overshadowed by the Avatar we call the Christ. In other words, the consciousness of the Christ used the body of Jesus as its vehicle of expression.

All of this is open to discussion, but in the end we can only speculate.

Peace.

Badcopyinc 14-01-2018 07:40 PM

Buddha was enlightened and meditated daily.
God isn't perfect and is continually growing why would Jesus be any different?

Imzadi 14-01-2018 07:46 PM

In my experience, meditation is simply being present with Presence Itself. Another way I put it is meditation is like conscious immersion with God. So meditation can be described as simply focusing on God and being Conscious. I imagine someone like Jesus Christ would consistently be in holy communion with God thus would be in a clear Conscious state all of the time. However, this doesn't mean that it is not also spiritually edifying for him to spend some time alone and quietly immerse in His own Divinity in what people might see as a meditative/prayerful practice. :)

Nowayout 15-01-2018 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
it is pretty simple. They frown upon anything that would have a chance of loosening their control of the populace. Whether or not it was originally mentioned in the bible I don't know, but I am aware of them editing out other stuff that didn't go along with their 'control' agenda.

There is a deep tradition of Christian meditation in the Roman Catholic Church.

Truly...

But it's a prayer/meditation with a mantra to be God-centered.

John Main...

https://johnmain.org/

Ariaecheflame 15-01-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imzadi
In my experience, meditation is simply being present with Presence Itself. Another way I put it is meditation is like conscious immersion with God. So meditation can be described as simply focusing on God and being Conscious. I imagine someone like Jesus Christ would consistently be in holy communion with God thus would be in a clear Conscious state all of the time. However, this doesn't mean that it is not also spiritually edifying for him to spend some time alone and quietly immerse in His own Divinity in what people might see as a meditative/prayerful practice. :)

I like this :smile: The more we integrate with our own divine natures through God - the more that all of life becomes an active and living meditation - as in being present with presence itself as you said.