Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Near Death Experiences (NDEs) (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   What do we know about Death from Near Death Experiences? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22900)

Xan 26-09-2011 01:03 AM

What do we know about Death from Near Death Experiences?

Here's a link to the thread with the above title. I later thought I should call it "What do we know about Death and Life, from Near Death Experiences?"

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22123

Xan

jessicasilverman 14-12-2011 03:00 AM

i heard that you go through a tunnel of light and see your life flash before you and all the moments you withheld love were the most painful,

psychoslice 14-12-2011 03:05 AM

I don't think we know anything about death, but we probably know more about near death experience, there is nothing to know in death.

Morpheus 18-12-2011 10:54 AM

Many are not aware that St. Paul in the Bible, died by stoning, (Acts 14), and later described his Experience in, 2 Corinthians 12.
From that Experience, and in alignment with what we can read today in modern Experiences, the,"Love Chapter", was also written by him.
(1 Corinthians 13).

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not love, it profits me nothing.
Love suffers long, and is kind; love envies not; love vaunts not itself, is not puffed up,
Does not behave itself rudely, seeks not her own, is not easily provoked, keeps no record of evil;
Rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
For now we see in a mirror dimly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
And now abides faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

Saspian 24-01-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoslice
I don't think we know anything about death, but we probably know more about near death experience, there is nothing to know in death.

I am not sure that there is nothing to know in death. This sounds a bit like the Buddhist concept of anatta.
I have known three people who allegedly experienced N.D.E.s.
One, an elderly minister of Unity Christian Church, a member of VictorIANDES,the Melbourne chapter for people who believe to have experienced such, and an atheistic guy who claimed to have viewed his own ressussetation, padon spelling?

As for me I like to hold a very open ended attitude. :confused:

Ambermay 11-02-2012 03:41 PM

When our bodies are dead - they are dead.
End of the story.
But what about our souls?
Sure they don't die with our bodies we wear at the given time?

DebbyM 03-03-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessicasilverman
i heard that you go through a tunnel of light and see your life flash before you and all the moments you withheld love were the most painful,

That's a common experience here in North America but apparently in India and China, the few reported experiences are different and the experience seems to be affected by their culture. Can't remember exactly the Chinese ones, but the Indian ones are like this: The dead person is taken by someone (they don't recognize) to a building where there is an office. As they look through the door they seee a man at a desk that has many papers on it. As they step through the door, the man, hardly looking up shuffles to 'their' paperwork, stamps it and says something like, "she's not ready, she must go back" and voila, they are back in their body.

So from my reading, it seems that what we experience is related to the kind of culture we come from. The Indian experience is very authoritative and officious whereas ours seem to be filled with the 'warm fuzzies' if you know what I mean. For example, I also read that Aboriginal groups don't have the 'life review' and the thinking is that traditionally these people have been more one with the environment, living in the moment and all that sort of thing, so what do they need to review, as in it is what it is. Whereas we've learned that we're working towards something (or supposed to be doing that) and the outcome of which is 'a day of reckoning'.

mastergl 16-03-2012 05:39 AM

This may not go down well with many here. From what I know, for near death experiences, many past images of what you recently done will be projected and right after that when you are in a totally dark environment, you will hear a very familiar and strong voice calling out your name from behind, the name your loved one always call you (maybe your name is Andrew but your family always call you An) and you will try to look back. When you try to look back to see who is calling you, then you will wake up. You will be very surprise yourself. What if that person never call out your name? Will you be in hell or heaven by now if not for the voice? That voice is your Guardian Angel/God. Take life seriously. Good or Bad has been predestined. Make good use of it.

Xan 18-03-2012 01:54 AM

gl... I've read a few NDE stories like you describe, but they are a minority. Reading more of them might be a good investigation for you.

Two extensive resources are: http://NDERF.net and http://IANDS.com

And there are studies compiling and analyzing hundreds of nde reports... such as P.M.H. A****er's books.

Xan

seekerscientist 19-03-2012 12:13 AM

Seeker Scientist

The conclusion I came to in my 2010 book "Exploring Death: What You Should Know About Dying" was this:

The day of your death is more joyous than the day of your birth.

This is because when you die, your consciousness transitions to a more expansive reality than the present physical one. It is the same reality you had before you were born.