Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Aromatherapy (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Which are Good Scents for Reducing Stress? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=69877)

GypsyButterfly 12-06-2014 01:11 AM

Which are Good Scents for Reducing Stress?

I've never used any type of aromatherapy. However, some odors have strong memories attached to them. I always like being transported back to a different time in my life. As long as, it was something pleasant. Usually it is. Would those scents be good to use, as, they lift my spirits (even for just a little while) or would it be better to use something that would produce a longer lasting effect? I realize results may vary. Isn't lavender meant for calming? I do like that. Thanks for the suggestions.

swisscub 17-06-2014 08:38 AM

Very similar to some of the tea sorts and bath oils famous for calming down and relieving stress you might know, the aromatherapy also suggests:

Chamomile, Rose, Frankincense, Lavender and Vanilla to be used for this effect.

I personally love the mix between Vanilla and Lavender. Especially for milkbaths.

elisi 17-06-2014 11:56 AM

someone once told me lavender.

sea-dove 28-06-2014 07:30 AM

There is nothing wrong with using scents that only boost you for a little while if you really like them. Just use whatever makes you feel good and seems to work for you.

Yes lavender is calming.

One I really like is rose germanium. Peppermint is also another one of my favorites (peppermint is balancing).

You should be able to find lots of info on aromatherapy online.

What kind of stress are you wanting an oil for if you dont mind me asking? (different ones are better for certain kinds of stress then others). If just worry you could try lavender, rosewood, frankincense (or even make these into a combination by adding a couple of drops each.. go easier on the frankincense thou if you are doing a blend).

If its nervousness.. lavender, bergamot, neroli can make a good blend.

Lavender is good for lack of courage, conflict, impatience, insecurity, insomnia, nervousness, nightmares, shock and worry.

sea-dove 28-06-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swisscub
I personally love the mix between Vanilla and Lavender. Especially for milkbaths.

That sounds awesome, Im going to try that.

Natasharabbit 14-07-2014 02:24 AM

Lavender is my favorite, very calming :)

Botticella22 14-07-2014 06:19 AM

For relaxing, I enjoy lighting different incenses. (As in, one day I want to relax, I might use one, and another different day, I'll use another different incense.)

I enjoy using, lavender, rose, frankincense, dragon's blood, and sandalwood.

FruitLoop 04-08-2014 10:30 PM

Lavender and Rose are good relaxing oils. Ylang Ylang is lovely too, but it's quite heady and can be overpowering (use sparingly!), it works well with orange or mandarin. I find Rosemary particularly soothing so I tend to use it quite a lot, it has a familiar and comforting smell that always makes me feel better! Try to pick out oils that you like and feel drawn towards, it's easier to do this if you have access to a good aromatherapy shop though :)

solfuel 22-03-2015 02:04 PM

I would say mint or eucalyptus ... lavender also

pdizzle45 01-04-2015 11:25 PM

nag champa is my favorite incense because it has such calming and meditative qualities