Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Welcome (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Won't be Posting Again (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18456)

MikeRedBull 02-07-2011 10:43 PM

Won't be Posting Again

I wrote out quite a long post, and tried to send it, but found l'd been logged out. So, l won't be using this board anymore.

Adrienne 02-07-2011 10:51 PM

not a very good reason to leave a forum ~

sorry you had problems but it happens to all of us. You need to write out your long replies elsewhere and then copy and paste them here. Happens to me all the time, I keep forgetting, but I keep returning. It is a great forum ! :smile: Silly to leave for such a reason.

Dream Angel xx

Silver 02-07-2011 10:59 PM

I know it was frustrating, MikeRedBull. Yes, we have all had that happen at some time or other, but we learned, I personally type up long posts on an email, then paste it in here. We'll be here, if you change your mind. Welcome anyway!

Kaere 02-07-2011 11:00 PM

Also, it's important to remember to check the "remember me" box when you log in.

pre-dawn 03-07-2011 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeRedBull
I wrote out quite a long post, and tried to send it, but found l'd been logged out. So, l won't be using this board anymore.

If you are on dial-up connection, and maybe even some DSL ones, there is a timeout setting which will close the connection after a certain time of connection inactivity.
Then the internet is notoriously fickle and while you may establish a connection to the web-site there is no guarantee that it will still be reachable after writing a long post.

Avilucis 03-07-2011 06:22 AM

That's happened to me, but I don't think anything was lost, I got a prompt to log in, so I did, and then pressed the backspace arrow up the top, and returned to my post which was still there waiting to be sent.

Unless I'm mistaken, but you can always try the back arrow and see what happens

Avilucis

Gem 03-07-2011 06:25 AM

sometimes i accidentally navigate away from the page i'm writing on, then when I hit back arrow my post has disappeared.

Aylesha 03-07-2011 06:32 AM

There is very-clearly a problem here, and it is a serious problem when a person leaves exasperated after losing written work.

I have the same problem too. I do not have any problems with other forums that I visit and spend time on. This is the only forum that seems to log you out automatically.

The problem of getting logged out automatically occurs not only when I want to post something but also when I am using search for finding topics in older threads. I do not recall this being a problem a couple of years ago.

Adrienne 03-07-2011 07:16 AM

Every forum has it's own quirks ~
in the grand scheme of things... considering we are lucky to even have this forum back up and running after the crash, minor annoyances can be worked around. One just has to find a new way of doing things. I have been on other forums that log one out automatically, I am sure this isn't the only one. I think the logging one out automatically is a time related issue and I think a solution was mentioned " Also, it's important to remember to check the "remember me" box when you log in."

ces 03-07-2011 07:31 AM

When the forum kicks you out - as you post the response or thread, it often comes up with a window to log back in. If you log in at the point in the centre of the screen and not the right hand corner - it will post what you have written. I have found it tends to be the posting point that logs you out if your writing a lot