Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Auras & Chakras (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Help on advise for opening up blocked throat chakra (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114805)

happyhorse 04-07-2017 09:10 PM

Help on advise for opening up blocked throat chakra

Hi,

My throat chakra have been blocked for some while, making it hard for me to express myself.

I'm working on opening it up with regular neck stretches (fish and plow pose from yoga) but also Tai Chi exercises that focus on the neck and shoulders. But I would gladly get some tips on other ways on opening it up.

I have contacted a Reiki practitioner as I think that it maybe would help and I go to acupuncture 1 time a week.

HereAndNow 05-07-2017 07:41 PM

Maybe you should work with self-expression, not throat chakra? Just a thought.

happyhorse 05-07-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereAndNow
Maybe you should work with self-expression, not throat chakra? Just a thought.

Like writing a journal? Good idea!

HereAndNow 05-07-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyhorse
Like writing a journal? Good idea!

Great! Also maybe finding new ways to meet people socially so that you can practice expressing yourself ... going to some discussion groups or something ... theoretically there should be also some workshops - playback theatre, public speaking etc ... seeing a consellor/therapist, even for a short while, may also help.

HereAndNow 05-07-2017 09:40 PM

Oh, and Osho of course has a beautiful meditation that works both with chakras and expression (through non-verbal sounds). It's called chakra sounds meditation ...

Melahin 05-07-2017 09:55 PM

As your work on your throat have a focus on opening the Heart, because that is the seed through which your entire life will blossom.

stars 11-07-2017 12:24 PM

happyhorse,
do you sing in the shower or in the car when you are alone? If not, you should give it a try, even if you can't carry a tune. Just belt it out. Also try to see the highest notes and lowest notes you can hit, as this will stretch your vocal chords, and will complement the yoga stretches you are doing.

I believe it is more powerful if you can do it in front of someone, because that includes the extra practice of letting your guard down. It would have to be someone that doesn't make fun of you though, and of course, those can be hard to find sometimes.

happyhorse 11-07-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stars
happyhorse,
do you sing in the shower or in the car when you are alone? If not, you should give it a try, even if you can't carry a tune. Just belt it out. Also try to see the highest notes and lowest notes you can hit, as this will stretch your vocal chords, and will complement the yoga stretches you are doing.

I believe it is more powerful if you can do it in front of someone, because that includes the extra practice of letting your guard down. It would have to be someone that doesn't make fun of you though, and of course, those can be hard to find sometimes.

I actually try to do this to open up my throat when I have a moment. Also, just came back from an amazing acupuncture + massage session where my doctor really could get to those stiff parts of my neck. Yeah, finding someone to do it in front of is a big fear of mine, but it sure is a goal I have!

cosmicsacredheart 10-10-2017 09:23 AM

anyone has other tips about throat chakra?

I have been receiving guidance from Spirit about examining what has resulted a blocked throat chakra from before, and take a look at it. Others that was talked about was speaking with people, find mediums to express yourself and engage.

Alexendura Grifonempr 18-10-2017 05:01 AM

the spirit chakra of the throat.

I recently had difficulties with my chakras being blocked myself and I found humming internally helps not only clear the chakras but also help to align and channel them. What I did is focused my humming inside the chakra and pretend that the sound was drilling through the chakra at points all over I did this with intention and found that when I had finished that I gave a little blow and all that was blocking my chakra flow just flew right out of it.

Then doing a chakra hum is good at least 15 minutes to half an hour every day so that they stay clean and aligned and channeled. They appreciate that.