Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ayurveda (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   cooling foods ? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18475)

Adrienne 03-07-2011 08:08 AM

cooling foods ?

Tonight I was reading my oracle cards and they mentioned " cooling foods " in the Aruveda style. I have no clue what they were talking about.... anyone know ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

mattie 03-07-2011 08:24 AM

Ayurvedic Food Categories

Areuveda may be Ayurvedic, a protocol of diet health practices that has been practiced in SE Asia for 5000 years, which classifies us into body types that respond to different types of foods. The foods are also classified as to how they affect the body.

Much more info.-

http://www.google.com/search?client=... F-8&oe=UTF-8

Thinker108 05-07-2011 08:53 AM

according to Ayurveda everything we can eat, have some specific nature like
warm, cold and neutral
I will post for you a list of some foods and their nature

happy camper 11-07-2011 07:09 AM

If you have "too much heat " in your body,which could be caused by many things,you should cool it down.
I have quite nice book about ayurveda,but it's not here with me,so can't help too much with dietary recommendation,but you can also do moon pranayam.
Your left nostril is connected to the moon,(right to the sun) and if you breath in through your left nostril,it will cool you down.
For example,hold your right nostril closed,breath in through left on count to 4,hold 4,breath out 4,hold 4,breath in again trough left on count to 4....etc
maybe 10 times or as you like......:smile:

windwhistle 14-07-2011 05:20 AM

Cucumbers, watermelon, lettuce...cool delicious foods!

Wednesdaylotion 27-04-2012 11:55 AM

Sweet, bitter and astringent foods are considered cooling and slow down digestion, except honey which is heating. Milk is cooling and generally anything else that coats the inside of the mouth, although yoghurt should be fresh and diluted. Sunflower oil, wheat, apples, coconut, coriander/cilantro and fennel are all cooling. Avoid black pepper, turmeric, cardamon, ginger, clove, cumin, cinnamon and nutmeg, fish, sesame oil, onions, eggs, meat and chilli. If I knew your dosha(s) I could give you a more comprehensive list, but these are the ones I know for sure. Foods that pacify all doshas (good foods) are apple sauce, sweet apricots, berries, cherries, asparagus, cooked carrots and cauliflower, green beans, summer squash, fruit juice concentrates, aloe vera juice, grape juice, mango juice and chamomile tea. I've got lots of books on this and am happy to help you more if you'd like.

Wednesdaylotion 27-04-2012 11:55 AM

Cooling Foods

This one's a mistake - don't know how to delete.

Wednesdaylotion 27-04-2012 12:05 PM

Sweet, bitter and astringent foods are considered cooling and slow down digestion, except honey which is heating. Milk is cooling and generally anything else that coats the inside of the mouth, although yoghurt should be fresh and diluted. Sunflower oil, wheat, apples, coconut, coriander/cilantro and fennel are all cooling. Avoid black pepper, turmeric, cardamon, ginger, clove, cumin, cinnamon and nutmeg, fish, sesame oil, onions, eggs, meat and chilli. If I knew your dosha(s) I could give you a more comprehensive list, but these are the ones I know for sure. Foods that pacify all doshas (good foods) are apple sauce, sweet apricots, berries, cherries, asparagus, cooked carrots and cauliflower, green beans, summer squash, fruit juice concentrates, aloe vera juice, grape juice, mango juice and chamomile tea. I've got lots of books on this and am happy to help you more if you'd like.

Adrienne 30-04-2012 09:49 PM

Thank you mattie, Thinker, happy camper, windwhistle and Wednesdaylotion for your replies and suggestions !

I apologize for not thanking you all earlier, I forgot I had written this thread :icon_eek:

Dream Angel xx

shadedragon 11-06-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wednesdaylotion
This one's a mistake - don't know how to delete.

Bottom right of the post should say edit in most cases. Bust delete the info you put up, save, and the post should dissapear.