Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Crystals & Gemstones (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   fossil vibe. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119473)

hallow 26-12-2017 11:10 AM

fossil vibe.

I just purchased this fossil of a ginkgo leaf. But for some reason it seems to be more than just a piece of old rock. Like a strong vibe of some kind. I just can't figure out what. I know its not a perfect fossil but it stands out more than any other gem i have, but its not a gem.

Kine Lea 26-12-2017 02:05 PM

Hey, that is pretty cool. Maybe you can plant the fossil in a ginkgo pot, transferring the vibe directly to the living tree.

I have a houseplant cemetery on my balcony - my houseplants never live very long. It just occurred to me while writing this post that there may be a crystal or two buried in the pots. Something I'd forgotten all about :cool:

hallow 26-12-2017 02:18 PM

That's a good idea! I have over 65, 2 year ginkgos i grew from seed. In the spring i am i plan on planting them in the wild and give them to people. It might sound strange but i am going to let the trees pick the places and people. I am just fansinated with the tree.

Lynn 26-12-2017 08:44 PM

Hello

Fossils can help increase accomplishments in the area of business. They bring in a balanced flow to your environment. They open the doors to change and to new ideas.

The Ancient Greek's were the fist to put a value to them, but most modern books might not contain information on them.

Lynn

Clover 27-12-2017 02:36 PM

Cool buy, Hallow!

Ive been looking at Fossils myself. I would eventually like to flourish into that area, eyeing some as we speak.

Kine Lea 27-12-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hallow
I have over 65, 2 year ginkgos i grew from seed. In the spring i am i plan on planting them in the wild and give them to people.

Gee Whizz, more than 65 of them!
Why ginkgo trees? I was wondering what the attraction was, and are they rare on the ground in your part of the world.

_____

edit: I brought home a Flowering Flamingo Plant yesterday. It's mid-winter here in Southern Britain and the Flamingo is a tropical plant.
I'm hoping it lasts until Spring.

Podshell 27-12-2017 03:18 PM

They could have been quite a common tree,did they grow in the UK? I recall two sites behind our old house where we used to find fossils and I am sure we found similar ones to that, most were a fern like set of leaves though.

My prized find is a ring from the Roman times I found in a river, its brass/bronze with a black stone, not worth much in monetary value, but there is something about it, I was wondering if it could be read by a medium that reads objects, forget the name of the technique now.

Lynn 27-12-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Podshell
They could have been quite a common tree,did they grow in the UK? I recall two sites behind our old house where we used to find fossils and I am sure we found similar ones to that, most were a fern like set of leaves though.

My prized find is a ring from the Roman times I found in a river, its brass/bronze with a black stone, not worth much in monetary value, but there is something about it, I was wondering if it could be read by a medium that reads objects, forget the name of the technique now.

Hello

This is what flowed in when I read about the ring. The term is Psychometry is also known as psychometrics or token object reading.

The ring feels of black onyx, in Roman times there were many reasons to wear a ring. Not all of it was around nobility or status, at times rings were also a tool. Much like a pen rings were used to “seal” something. The term “seal of approval” comes from Ancient Roman times, where a stone could be carved into so that it would leave a mark in hot wax. Onyx would be one that was used as the wax does not stick to it.

Is there any markings on the stone?

They would be light on the surface from wear of ground erosion. Onyx is a soft stone so it’s easy to cut into. This ring would have been with someone that had the ability to write so a bit more than a common worker, but not nobility.

Lynn

Podshell 29-12-2017 01:24 PM

Cheers Lynne, I don't think it is a stamping ring but looks like it belonged to someone poor (unable to find an image that resembles it)

Kine Lea 29-12-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Podshell
They could have been quite a common tree,did they grow in the UK?

I'm fairly sure I've seen gingko trees. Mainly in parks or places like suburbia where there is more open space to grow larger trees.
As far as I know they weren't common to begin with. Not until gardeners realized they were trouble-free. Just plant and let them grow.

I found out they're also named Maidenhair tree, and the Fossil tree. The later because they are the only tree of the species to be found fossilized.

Intriguing. :smile: