Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Paranormal (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   what are LARGE bright flashes in the night sky? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30906)

travelgirlfl 21-02-2012 03:24 AM

what are LARGE bright flashes in the night sky?

Hi everyone--

I'm a newbie & not sure if this is the right place for this question, as I'm not sure if it's a sign for something or what it might be . . .

About 6 months ago I started seeing LARGE BRIGHT FLASHES in the night sky sometimes. For example, if you say the size of a star is about that of a pinhead, these flashes are at least the size of a nickel to a quarter or larger, comparatively, in the sky. Sometimes they are peripheral-ish (I make up words sometimes :) ), but other times I'm looking straight on when it happens, and they are so big & bright that I gasp.

I've seen them in 2 states, all different times of night & parts of the sky.

They don't hover or move & don't seem to be orbs or UFO's like I've read about on here (went searching before I posted) - they flash like a huge 'heavenly' camera & are gone.

Often white but 2-3 times an orange-ish peach color.

Any idea what this could be or mean?

I also see the sparkles & tiny flashes around me which many believe are angels, and/or spirits/guides/loved ones, which feels about right to me, but these sky flashes are very different than that.

Anyone?

Also please redirect if this is the wrong place to post this! Sorry if so and thank you for input either way!

Blessings --

Shannon

res 22-02-2012 08:37 AM

Lightning? Sprites? Aura associated with Migraine?

travelgirlfl 23-02-2012 03:11 AM

Not lightning, doesn't look anything like that & never in the right weather for lightning (or even heat lightning) either. Sprites? No idea what that would look like!

I do get migraine like tension headaches sometimes, but the large flashes are never when I have one. I am always talking to my fiance in spirit, who was killed by a drunk driver 6 months ago.

They are always high up in the sky (not near me), these large flashes. It's quite odd, but pretty cool, whatever it is . . .

res 23-02-2012 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelgirlfl
Not lightning, doesn't look anything like that & never in the right weather for lightning (or even heat lightning) either. Sprites? No idea what that would look like!

I do get migraine like tension headaches sometimes, but the large flashes are never when I have one. I am always talking to my fiance in spirit, who was killed by a drunk driver 6 months ago.

They are always high up in the sky (not near me), these large flashes. It's quite odd, but pretty cool, whatever it is . . .

I am really sorry for your loss and my condolences you and your family.

The aura associated with Migraine can be a warning that a migraine is coming or can be experienced on its on without any pain. It appears on the back drop of whatever you are looking at as flashing lights sometimes. Would stand out more with a black back drop such as the nights sky or the back of your eyelids.

Sprites are lightening that appears on top of clouds rather than below. If a cloud is very far away you may see it if there is clear sky between you and the distant sprite.

I dont believe that Heaven is up in the sky so i dont equate your experience to anything from the spirit realm but i am learning everyday :smile:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...video-science/

Take care travelgirlfl

onetruebeliever 24-02-2012 02:28 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46505241.../#.T0ed5**1iSq. This article might explain what you saw. It is on the front page of MSN today.

travelgirlfl 24-02-2012 10:14 PM

Thanks res and onetruebeliever. Anything is possible. I'd never heard of lightning sprites or blue jets, so I looked at both articles you posted and googled them a bit more & tried some videos, all the videos showed other lightning flashes, too, which has never been the case with me (though couldn't get the video in either link to play). So maybe.

Thing is, at least more than once the skies were clear, though if I understand, the storm can be up to 25 miles away & still get lightning which I'd never heard before, though there was never any lightning or any discernable storms during any of these, though I can think of two when it was cloudy, but the rest, clear.

I just think it's odd that I've never seen anything like it until my fiance passed, and then within days this started and I've seen at least 1-2/month since Sept. Though I like to star gaze, I've also never spent 20+ minutes outside gazing up most nights, either, as I have for the last 6 months.

And I know "heaven" (spirit realms, whatever you want to call it, it's all the same to me) isn't "up in the sky". . . but somehow, it's comforting to gaze up & talk to him anyway, though I often imagine he's amused by this & his spirit is right beside me in the yard :) I've also seen more shooting stars in the last 6 months than I've seen in the last 6 years or more, also always when I'm talking to my deceased fiance . . . and not just during known meteorite times, either . . . so . . .

Whatever these flashes are and increase in shooting stars are about, they sure are cool! Perplexing, and I've never once seen one when I wasn't talking to my finance who passed over, but, I really don't know what it is.

Ideas and input much appreciated, though, thanks for taking the time!

Shannon

res 24-02-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelgirlfl
T

And I know "heaven" (spirit realms, whatever you want to call it, it's all the same to me) isn't "up in the sky". . . but somehow, it's comforting to gaze up & talk to him anyway, though I often imagine he's amused by this & his spirit is right beside me in the yard :)

I have no doubt that he is looking upon you and i dont think it matters which direction you look he will be listening to you. I am really sorry for loss once again and it is not uncommon to see signs that can be the only language that a loved one can use to make a connection with you to show that they are just fine.

onetruebeliever 24-02-2012 10:33 PM

I am sorry for your loss as well. I agree with res that he is listening to you and maybe even right there next to you. From what I have come to understand, spirits that have crossed over can come to the earth plane any time they like. Like you said and I wholeheartedly agree - anything is possible!! If it feels like your fiance, then it probably is.

travelgirlfl 25-02-2012 04:03 AM

I haven't figured out how to use the quote feature yet . . .
but I just reread this from Res "If a cloud is very far away you may see it if there is clear sky between you and the distant sprite." I missed that before as an explanation for why it may be sprites though the sky appears clear to me. I believe in spiritual mysteries for sure, but also like to maintain even a bit of skepticism and at least a curiosity for other possibilities and reasons for curious phenomenon . . . so who knows.

But I sure do like thinking it's my sweetie instead ;)

Thanks you guys!

RiversLady 21-03-2012 10:50 AM

Lots of solar activity has been happening lately. This causes stronger auroras. Could you be seeing this? They do come in all colors and can move at various speedsor seem to remain still. All sizes too.